• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CJ to retire ?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there were more, with today's social media presence, it would have been reported immediately, IMO. Also, the fact he didn't visit many teams facilities says, either Suh didn't want to play there or the teams weren't paying a king's ransom for a DT.

Personally -- I think it is silly to call out Calvin for something when Suh left on his own free will.
Why'd Calvin say he'd do whatever it takes, then did nothing?

Or are you firmly in the there's nothing he could've done camp? Cuz that can be a camp.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Suh's former team, the Detroit Lions, were among the teams making competitive proposals, the Dolphins' parameters far exceeded the rest of the clubs interested in the defensive tackle.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you feel accomplished now Lions. You have ruined 2 of the great careers in the history of the league.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you feel accomplished now Lions. You have ruined 2 of the great careers in the history of the league.

Me also being a Phins fan, I kinda see Dan having same treatment. Failed to build a winner around him also. He got closer than the two Lions did. However these are reasons why I tell guys here these franchises are mirror images for quite awhile.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me also being a Phins fan, I kinda see Dan having same treatment. Failed to build a winner around him also. He got closer than the two Lions did. However these are reasons why I tell guys here these franchises are mirror images for quite awhile.

Oh I agree. Same thing happened to Peyton Manning. I guess when you have a superstar player and you give him the superstar treatment, it's hard to build around, but I still think it's possible.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hearing Calvin say he's mulling retirement makes me sick......Fucking Lions front office......Incompetence doesn't begin to explain it.

Best wishes Calvin, sorry you had to play 9 years under the Fords. At least you got paid but even the Fords and management can kill the love of a game.

Reactions: BUD

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hearing Calvin say he's mulling retirement makes me sick......Fucking Lions front office......Incompetence doesn't begin to explain it.

Best wishes Calvin, sorry you had to play 9 years under the Fords. At least you got paid but even the Fords and management can kill the love of a game.

I would actually have to go straight to Millen if I join this camp.

He set the franchise so far back that having CJ, Stafford, and Suh as high picks crippled the franchise money wise, due solely for him being inept as a GM.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually have to go straight to Millen if I join this camp.

He set the franchise so far back that having CJ, Stafford, and Suh as high picks crippled the franchise money wise, due solely for him being inept as a GM.

Agreed but the Fords are responsible for all hires and they do a shit job at doing it.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all players clean out their locker at end of year, yes ?

according to article some veterans don't. I should read article before replying, yes ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh ?

Source: Lions' Johnson contemplates retirement

A source told Werder that in addition to this season's injury issues, Johnson is frustrated in feeling the Lions have failed to maximize his ability in their offense. It doesn't seem that Johnson is attempting to convince the Lions to provide him a new contract or to trade him, although a source told Werder that Johnson was intrigued when his name was mentioned in possible trade-deadline moves, particularly if he had been sent to a team like the Carolina Panthers, whose 15-1 record is the best in the NFC.

BB_72... intriguing to read about that bold part.. but still have question media reports with unnamed sources.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the above article is correct regarding CJ's frustration in not maximizing his ability in their offense then look no further than Lombardi, imo. Lombardi made the comment last year that he didn't know how to use a player like CJ. (another sign that Caldwell failed this team by not correcting all the mistakes Lombardi made. O-Line blocking scheme, play calling, personnel used

On the other hand CJ needs to know he's not the very same player he was 2-3 years ago physically.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure one of the UN-named sources is Nasty Nate Burleson.

He's CJs boy. And is in the biz.

On one of the initial posts, it reads like he talks.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh ?

Source: Lions' Johnson contemplates retirement

A source told Werder that in addition to this season's injury issues, Johnson is frustrated in feeling the Lions have failed to maximize his ability in their offense. It doesn't seem that Johnson is attempting to convince the Lions to provide him a new contract or to trade him, although a source told Werder that Johnson was intrigued when his name was mentioned in possible trade-deadline moves, particularly if he had been sent to a team like the Carolina Panthers, whose 15-1 record is the best in the NFC.

BB_72... intriguing to read about that bold part.. but still have question media reports with unnamed sources.

Calvin playing for Carolina. Cam isn't the best passer in the NFL. No to Carolina. I don't say this to often but CJ would be better off with the gunslinger

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The other thing I would add is guys like Ed, Ian, Jay... Usually don't report bogus shit. That's why they keep getting the scoop IMO. Most of what they report come to fruition.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has nothing to do with this thread. I didn't know Mike Hart was the qb coach a WMU.. He's moving on now, I forgot the name of the college, I just read the article :doobs: memory failure