• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CJ to retire ?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a good thing for all the Stafford doubters to find out if their right or wrong about Stafford success came from Calvin.

I'm a doubter, but have said I loved his games without CJ. He was better on his read progressions.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a Jackie Robinson scenerio. If he is still on the Lions next year he is still playing, if he gets traded he will retire instead of playing elsewhere.

seems more like the Barry Sander's situation, imo.

If I remember correctly Big Blue, Barry was open to playing elsewhere (fins) and retired because he was sick of losing and the lions had complete control over him and wouldn't grant a trade.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions chase a second all time great to early retirement I am out. Never even been to that fucking state, just a fan because I loved watching Barry as a kid.

What's wrong with them retiring while they are on top of their games still. Lets he honest not many RBS or WRS are having elite years this side of 30. CJs injuries are piling up and that's what happens to such a physical beast in the NFL.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like CJ is tanking his trade value though. He didn't have any already.

But I don't blame a player of his caliber for preventing a trade at this point in his career. There's no need for him to play anywhere unless he chooses. If he chooses to at all.

I almost got banned from this board for arguing Moore was better a few years ago. I said at the time that CJ had to have 1 more great year to past Moore, which he did. If CJ were to go right now I would say he is the best WR the Lions have had, but Moore is a closer second than most people think.

There's no way in hell moore is better and i like Herman moore than CJ.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where you been GV slacker?