• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

Really not anything to do with the virus. Cruises just suck.
depends how you do it.
my last cruise (December) was fucking amazing.

small boat (less than 500 passengers), cruising around the south pacific.
service great, food very good, excursions included. Got some diving in.

I'd hop on that motherfucker again in a heartbeat if it was safe, and I wasn't worried about inadvertently killing the residents of the islands.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends how you do it.

I'd hop on that motherfucker again in a heartbeat if it was safe, and I wasn't worried about inadvertently killing the residents of the islands.
The fact that my last cruise was with the wife's family is probably influencing my feelings on the matter.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing Columbus is out as a hub city.

12k new cases in Ohio yesterday. 15k confirmed/ongoing cases in the county Columbus is in right now.

Although to be fair, the only state that is not considered "Uncontrolled Spread" right now is Hawaii.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing Columbus is out as a hub city.

12k new cases in Ohio yesterday. 15k confirmed/ongoing cases in the county Columbus is in right now.

Although to be fair, the only state that is not considered "Uncontrolled Spread" right now is Hawaii.
Hub city potential!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, we used to have a regular poster at this site (I think his first name was Nate) and he was a Kings fan living in Hawaii.
Yeah, he was a good dude.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know theyre being severely stretched here with regards to tracing but they are still doing it unlike alberta and ontario who have just given up on that. But informing us 10 days after last exposure??? What the hell is that? :L
And then they waited til 11:54am this morning to tell us the covid exposure was a kid in my daughters class. They dont have to give us the kids name. My daughter told us which kid has been away. Its a boy she beat up last year so i dont think they ever got close

self monitor until friday lol :L

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends how you do it.

I never would have thought I would like them but have gone on three now and have liked them. One to New England and Canada, one to Bermuda, and one to the Caribbean. The ones out of Baltimore are medium sized ships - not the huge ones. Besides boarding, safety mustering, and leaving, I never felt too crowded. Basically after people people learn the ship everyone spreads out.
I like them because it is a lot of relaxing, even travel days. I can be on the ship from my house in 90 minutes and do not have to worry about airports or days spent driving.

Having enjoyed them, I am not sure when if ever we will do another one. The last one we took (fall cruise) we both came back with bad colds/sinus infections and I am 90% sure my wife caught it from somone whom we had to stand should to shoulder with for an hour long safety thing. Sickness, even a cold, on a ship really really sucks.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then they waited til 11:54am this morning to tell us the covid exposure was a kid in my daughters class. They dont have to give us the kids name. My daughter told us which kid has been away. Its a boy she beat up last year so i dont think they ever got close

self monitor until friday lol :L
Look at the brights side, it's not a positive test in the class!

Curious - how is the school handling symptom checks? At my wife's school, they decided that it was too much of a logistical issue to test each person coming into the school building for temperature, so they made it an "honor system" thing from the parents. They are supposed to pinky promise that they checked their kids' temps every morning.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the brights side, it's not a positive test in the class!

Curious - how is the school handling symptom checks? At my wife's school, they decided that it was too much of a logistical issue to test each person coming into the school building for temperature, so they made it an "honor system" thing from the parents. They are supposed to pinky promise that they checked their kids' temps every morning.
Similarly an hono(u)r system here. Line up outside each class door wearing masks and respond to series of self assessment questions ie ... any symptoms?, been told to isolate?, been in contact with anyone? ... before the kids are let into the class and then immediately they wash their hands in the class before taking their seats. Kids dont need to wear the masks in class but ours do.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similarly an hono(u)r system here. Line up outside each class door wearing masks and respond to series of self assessment questions ie ... any symptoms?, been told to isolate?, been in contact with anyone? ... before the kids are let into the class and then immediately they wash their hands in the class before taking their seats. Kids dont need to wear the masks in class but ours do.
Yikes

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prov. govt here finally mandated masks in all indoors spaces last week but didnt mandate it for schools. I know school spread doesnt come close here to the numbers for community spread but they should probably want to nip that in the bud.
Teachers should strike over it imo

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prov. govt here finally mandated masks in all indoors spaces last week but didnt mandate it for schools. I know school spread doesnt come close here to the numbers for community spread but they should probably want to nip that in the bud.
Teachers should strike over it imo
For sure. My wife got it in a classroom where they were mandated by the school and strictly enforced as part of uniform. I can't imagine it essentially being the kid's choice.

Add in the potential for peer pressure making kids choose to not wear 'em? Jeez.