• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It’s our option, it’s our choice to wear a mask. I personally trust my immune system.” - Tulsa rally attendee

Wow. Because that’s what a mask is for. It’s not surprising that the people who have no clue what the mask is for are the ones that choose not to wear one. Some people who have a pro-life rally avatar but don’t wear a mask. He still has never defended that tough guy post, so I’ll give him another opportunity to admit it was wrong. That celebrating behavior that can spread the virus is foolish. It risks people’s lives and it hampers people’s economic livelihood. It’s not courageous. It’s an inability to understand the abstract, to trust people who study this kind of thing for a living, and to be strong enough to mildly inconvenience yourself for the benefit of others. It’s the neighborly thing to do. It’s the Christian thing to do. We’re supposed to protect the vulnerable and the elderly.

It’s annoying that after months of a pandemic, the woman from the original quote doesn’t even understand the purpose of a mask. It’s sickening that months into a pandemic people that do understand it still opt not to be even remotely decent neighbors, Christians, or human beings. It shouldn’t be political. It’s just common courtesy.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
“It’s our option, it’s our choice to wear a mask. I personally trust my immune system.” - Tulsa rally attendee

Wow. Because that’s what a mask is for. It’s not surprising that the people who have no clue what the mask is for are the ones that choose not to wear one. People like @Markwassillylaugher who has a pro-life rally avatar but doesn’t wear a mask. He still has never defended that tough guy post, so I’ll give him another opportunity to admit it was wrong. That celebrating behavior that can spread the virus is foolish. It risks people’s lives and it hampers people’s economic livelihood. It’s not courageous. It’s an inability to understand the abstract, to trust people who study this kind of thing for a living, and to be strong enough to mildly inconvenience yourself for the benefit of others. It’s the neighborly thing to do. It’s the Christian thing to do. We’re supposed to protect the vulnerable and the elderly.

It’s annoying that after months of a pandemic, the woman from the original quote doesn’t even understand the purpose of a mask. It’s sickening that months into a pandemic people that do understand it still opt not to be even remotely decent neighbors, Christians, or human beings. It shouldn’t be political. It’s just common courtesy.
TLDNR: don't be a dick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. Because that’s what a mask is for. It’s not surprising that the people who have no clue what the mask is for are the ones that choose not to wear one. Some people who have a pro-life rally avatar but don’t wear a mask. He still has never defended that tough guy post, so I’ll give him another opportunity to admit it was wrong. That celebrating behavior that can spread the virus is foolish. It risks people’s lives and it hampers people’s economic livelihood. It’s not courageous. It’s an inability to understand the abstract, to trust people who study this kind of thing for a living, and to be strong enough to mildly inconvenience yourself for the benefit of others. It’s the neighborly thing to do. It’s the Christian thing to do. We’re supposed to protect the vulnerable and the elderly.

To me, all of this comes down to a political, media, and economic structure which played up the economic fallout without proposing the solution of government intervention to help people directly, or at least without taking such a proposal seriously. Compound that with Trump's intentional refusal to ramp up the testing and tracing infrastructure which could help us contain the virus, and you have a wholly preventable disaster.

These people are selfish, obviously, but to me, they're small potatoes against a system which refused to act and care for its people. Someone who stood to profit from inaction sold these people on this culture war. They were stupid to fall for it, but I really want to keep blame on the powerful, personally. Selfish jerk poor citizens wouldn't have the power to cause harm they have right now if selfish jerks insulated from the issue by their wealth and power didn't prioritize their excesses over human life.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under current rules, Americans may come through Canada to get home or get to work in Alaska, but they must travel along a direct path. When they need to stop for food or rest stops, they must maintain distance away from the public as much as possible.

Seven tickets

Fontaine said at least six of the seven tickets issued last week were related to Americans who had stopped for long periods of time to go hiking in Banff National Park.

Each of the tickets were issued under the Alberta Health Act at a rate of $1,200 each.

RCMP fined 7 Americans last week for stopping to sightsee in Banff National Park | CBC News

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under current rules, Americans may come through Canada to get home or get to work in Alaska, but they must travel along a direct path. When they need to stop for food or rest stops, they must maintain distance away from the public as much as possible.

Seven tickets

Fontaine said at least six of the seven tickets issued last week were related to Americans who had stopped for long periods of time to go hiking in Banff National Park.

Each of the tickets were issued under the Alberta Health Act at a rate of $1,200 each.

RCMP fined 7 Americans last week for stopping to sightsee in Banff National Park | CBC News

Curious; does Canada have it's border closed to anyone else? Can people from England or elsewhere in Europe come in for example?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say tell those fucks to go take the ferry to Alaska from bellingham

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
China has worked hard to contain the virus. We appreciate their efforts
Gonna go away with April heat. It will miraculously go away
Very much under control in the US. Stock market looking good
Going away real soon. Going from 15 to 0
It's a Democratic hoax to make me look bad
Anyone that wants a test can get a test. (riiiight...)
Brief moment of sanity - make critical changes and sacrifices now, we will defeat the virus.
The cure is worse than the disease
The better you do social distancing, the faster it goes away
The stockpile is not for the states, it's for the federal government
Think how beautiful it would be to be reopened by Easter
President calls the shots! WHO funding cut
Liberate Michigan!
Testing isn't important
America wasn't build to be shut down (huh? unlike where?)
Maybe we can figure out a way to get bleach inside people
The virus wouldn't be a problem if we weren't testing so much
Wearing a mask is a form of protest against me, can be bad for you
Officials should slow down coronavirus testing​

This is erratic, inconsistent, and most importantly, irrational leadership. A brief period of a few weeks where sensible behavior modification was encouraged was good. But it was preceded by two months of inaction - no stockpile building, no rush to expand tests and trace the virus, no infrastructure building, reactive and ineffective travel restrictions that were incomplete and late, etc.- and two months now of whining about results rather than listening to public health experts.

120,000+ people are dead. We have never dropped off case expansion like Spain, Italy, etc. who found ways to beat this. The administration has completely failed. Our country has fared the worst of ANY in the world despite the highest level of per capita health care spending and a lack of population density (ranked #145). That is a MASSIVE failure and messaging from the President against sensible state directives and the advice of experts has been a huge part of the problem.

A failure of leadership. Time for change come November unless hydrocloroquin can get the job done sooner.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3UuwE83En-qvY2Tfs35UdFnN19v5ytcSwvlA-fstFpK2ZcxnPYFTYfX6zUJZiNK7w-2FcvQvR2IsJrhSUBowpSzJROdoHn1rAONL3ZuyWEKHEPZzFBCuGdIHmC1odKS87eTUs6Exyl5LOwA0BDleC0gPzsn7zot-uP4

Norway excludes most of Sweden in lifting travel restrictions over COVID-19 concerns | CBC News

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more Trump staffers, who attended the Tulsa "rally", have tested positive for COVID.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rally scheduled in Arizona on Tuesday night

/Super Spreader part deux

Get out of my state, we don't need your help getting everyone sick! We're doing great at that on our own!