• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got my booster today. Will keep you posted how I feel tomorrow.

The 2nd shot for me really wasn't that bad except being a little grumpy but then on the other hand I could have been given the placebo?
hopefully no ill effects!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we’re still doing all of this and threatening lockdowns in some countries because the same elderly vulnerable people are still elderly and vulnerable to disease?

Where does this end if it doesn’t end here?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure, but at some point (say in 4-6 months), I think you have to draw a line in the sand and determine that people fall into one of the following categories:

a) Have contracted COVID-19 and recovered
b) Have contracted COVID-19 and died
c) Have been fully vaccinated (and will take booster shots when available/applicable)
d) Will rely on herd immunity for protection (aka roll the dice)

I don't know how long COVID-19 is going to hang around, it's possible that we never get rid of it and it flares up from time-to-time, but it will continue to take its toll even on the vaccinated population. Your best chances of survival are with the vaccine, though. I guess what I'm saying is that people should feel free to wear masks in public if that's their choice, but in 4-6 months, I would like to see all mask mandates lifted.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now have two positive cases within the team I coach. 9 of our 23 rostered players are unvaccinated (as are their parents I am sure).

We're supposed to play in a tourney starting tomorrow. Likely with at least 9 players in quarantine. I have to take a test before every game. Parents will not be allowed in the arena to watch. None of them.

But getting vaxxed is a personal choice that doesn't affect anyone else.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now have two positive cases within the team I coach. 9 of our 23 rostered players are unvaccinated (as are their parents I am sure).

We're supposed to play in a tourney starting tomorrow. Likely with at least 9 players in quarantine. I have to take a test before every game. Parents will not be allowed in the arena to watch. None of them.

Sorry to hear that buddy, that sucks.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure, but at some point (say in 4-6 months), I think you have to draw a line in the sand and determine that people fall into one of the following categories:

a) Have contracted COVID-19 and recovered
b) Have contracted COVID-19 and died
c) Have been fully vaccinated (and will take booster shots when available/applicable)
d) Will rely on herd immunity for protection (aka roll the dice)

I don't know how long COVID-19 is going to hang around, it's possible that we never get rid of it and it flares up from time-to-time, but it will continue to take its toll even on the vaccinated population. Your best chances of survival are with the vaccine, though. I guess what I'm saying is that people should feel free to wear masks in public if that's their choice, but in 4-6 months, I would like to see all mask mandates lifted.
And I think that’s kind of the hope, but even beyond the masks which while not ideal are still just a minor inconvenience the idea of locking down and shutting shit up again now with the vast, vast majority of Canadians vaccinated is just ludicrous to me and yet theres already chatter in ON and QC about it possibly being necessary because case loads are pushing up toward 1000 again.

At some point, given the billions that costs the economy, it makes more sense to just invest the money in expanding hospitals and other healthcare facilities to be able to handle spikes in cases and, like you said, people rolling the dice and losing won’t overwhelm the system.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are we measuring this?

/Glad to hear you're doing fine.
LOL...yeah normal miserable self. :D
spongebob-square-pants.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there's a new COVID-19 variant emerging out of Africa and countries are slamming the doors on international travel from six African nations. Happy Friday!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there's a new COVID-19 variant emerging out of Africa and countries are slamming the doors on international travel from six African nations. Happy Friday!
I read yesterday they already found that variant has spread to someone in Hong Kong

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omicron has a much more menacing sound to it compared to delta.

It’s end of days people!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already seeing the "See? It doesn't matter if you get vaccinated, there are variants!" posts on Facebook.

I am not far from being convinced to place the unvaxxed in concentration camps. Been working in this office at my house for two years. I leave my house at most 3 times a week. We go into another lockdown and I might snap.

It would be so easy to have avoided all of this.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Update:

We have a defenseman. When he gets ahold of a one timer it can be up to 85-90mph. He hits like a freight train and is one of the faster skaters. Rarely gets beat one on one. He also, as we have learned, feels that being forced to take a test is tyranny or some damn thing and has opted out of the tournament. So we had to move our next best skater, a winger who scored 5 goals last game out, back to D. We got shut out this morning.

We are regretting the "no punitive bag skates" rule we have. And we can't just trade him to Chicago to get rid of him.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3