• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to eradicate the insect population when we inevitably turn into lizards.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see any reason to see good in losing “front-line” workers regardless of the reasoning or logic. In some places here losing more healthcare workers is going to cause serious shortages and many police forces have already basically been “working to rule” for a year now, can only imagine what losing another 20% of staff is going to do in some cities.

Cause wages to rise > more competition for those jobs > better employees > improved public services

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3% of the workforce
Imagine being concerned that 3% of this workforce going away will be a problem?

With the way that they think and what they believe in, whos to say they were good nurses to begin with

Just like a restaurant not following proof of vaccine regulations… what other regulations and safety standards werent they following?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine being concerned that 3% of this workforce going away will be a problem?

With the way that they think and what they believe in, whos to say they were good nurses to begin with

Just like a restaurant not following proof of vaccine regulations… what other regulations and safety standards werent they following?

The firing of this tiny portion of workers should be as controversial as someone who hires a driver who doesn't believe in using brakes.

You are welcome to your personal views, but jobs have requirements commensurate with the work they do. No brainer.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3% of the workforce
I think Island Health is like 80% vaxxed. Pretty high. I'm wondering what it's like in the interior and north where rates are 50% in some areas and the health units have far lower staff numbers.

My wife's hospital lost a grand total of 2 nurses (one of whom she says was very good) and she's in one of the largest hospitals in the region. The shitty part is that they're already seeing nothing but covid patients from overwhelmed remote systems and that will probably increase now if they're losing more staff in those areas. They're all miserable there now as it is. If there is money to be saved I really hope they start handing it out to people who are sticking around.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She seemed to be very non-confrontational in a time it was needed. It is sad she didn't stand up for what was right.

Just wonder though if she did how quickly would she have been fired and replaced with a yes man like a Dr Atlas?

"I believe if we had fully implemented the mask mandates, the reduction in indoor dining, the getting friends and family to understand the risk of gathering in private homes, and we had increased testing, that we probably could have decreased fatalities into the 30 percent less to 40 percent less range," Birx said, according to excerpts shared by the committee.

Trump saying to do these things might've made a bit of a difference but in terms of mandates it all boils down to the states and a lot of them, even if Trump himself were excoriating them to do so, probably would've not done so. That base was just not going to buy in.

Then the 30-40% number I'm not so sure of. Covid deaths by state per capita are dominated by red states but they're by and large sparsely populated ones - top ten are WV, ID, MT, WY, ND, GA, KY, SC, OH & AZ. The three states there with higher populations can be considered purple at this point and OH in particular had a governor who was pretty serious about restrictions.

The top ten states by number of deaths were more blue states with stricter mandates and a couple red monsters sprinkled in - CA, TX, FL, NY, IL, GA, PA, OH, NC & MI. Those are also the ten most populated states in the country so it kinda makes sense but again I'm not sure how much WH input could've stopped many of those deaths.

Needless to say, at the very least Trump didn't help matters and given his pull with these people he might've at least gotten a few more to buy in and that alone could've made some difference but 30-40% seems on the high end of such an estimate.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She seemed to be very non-confrontational in a time it was needed. It is sad she didn't stand up for what was right.

Just wonder though if she did how quickly would she have been fired and replaced with a yes man like a Dr Atlas?
She was caught between a Fuck and a Hard-head.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Island Health is like 80% vaxxed. Pretty high. I'm wondering what it's like in the interior and north where rates are 50% in some areas and the health units have far lower staff numbers.

My wife's hospital lost a grand total of 2 nurses (one of whom she says was very good) and she's in one of the largest hospitals in the region. The shitty part is that they're already seeing nothing but covid patients from overwhelmed remote systems and that will probably increase now if they're losing more staff in those areas. They're all miserable there now as it is. If there is money to be saved I really hope they start handing it out to people who are sticking around.
Welp.

Adrian Dix said largely urban health authorities such as Fraser and Vancouver Coastal are more able to fill vacancies because they have a larger pool of casual staff to draw on. Rural regions with lower vaccination rates, like Interior and Northern Health, face greater challenges.

Nurses are contractually only supposed to be "doubled-up" (ie: more than 1 patient at a time per shift) in the ICU once a month. My wife's doubled up for the second time this week; when I asked her if she could talk to her union rep she said "there's no point - everybody's doubled up. It's bleak".

Larger pool of casual staff my ass.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jig6xiqfpfw71.jpg

I legit don't know if the comment is satire or not.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up losers? I've got COVID, so I might actually post a little bit while I'm stuck at home!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sad2:

Get well soon
I'm on my way, felt mostly decent today. Just a lingering pain in the middle of my chest for the most part.

Ended up in the ER on Wednesday night because of that chest pain, but it seems my heart and lungs are virtually untouched by the disease, so it must have been acting on my GERD or something to produce that pain/pressure.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on my way, felt mostly decent today. Just a lingering pain in the middle of my chest for the most part.

Ended up in the ER on Wednesday night because of that chest pain, but it seems my heart and lungs are virtually untouched by the disease, so it must have been acting on my GERD or something to produce that pain/pressure.

Man, so sorry to hear that. Heal fast, Chris.