• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I agree. And now with Europe getting all protectionist with vaccine distribution, this is potentially some very good news.

I know jack shit about vaccine production but I'm really wondering considering all of the money put into...well, everything really, why the government didn't just throw billions at getting domestic vaccine production capability at the start of this.

Also, fuck the EU. No better than Trump trying to hoard PPE earlier on.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second dose got me pretty good. Last night chills and aches, today fatigue and headaches.

Oh well, better than the virus.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Second dose got me pretty good. Last night chills and aches, today fatigue and headaches.

Oh well, better than the virus.
do you know if you got Pfizer or Moderna, or no-name brand?
I don't know the difference, but it fascinates me that there are a few different vaccines, and you just kind of get what you get

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the difference, but it fascinates me that there are a few different vaccines, and you just kind of get what you get
Mrs 43's school is giving them next week to staff and they have been told it's the Pfizer one.

I am trying to figure out how to sneak in line.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Comeds just had some Pepto Bismol given to him (they told him not to have the scallops!). He doesn't really understand what a vaccine is.

I agree, Puckhead, although nobody can make you get the vaccine so I'm sure you could ask and opt to wait until the summer/fall when there will be enough for a choice.

I hear the Moderna is the one with the microchip, so I'm going to try and get Pfizer.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I hear the Moderna is the one with the microchip, so I'm going to try and get Pfizer.
but I like chips.

i'm getting the first one offered, as soon as its offered, as long as it isn't offered out of the back of a van behind the 7-11

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I like chips.

i'm getting the first one offered, as soon as its offered, as long as it isn't offered out of the back of a van behind the 7-11

Same. Presently on the list, but haven't even gotten the email I was supposed to get to be ABLE to register for an appointment. Very frustrating all around in the communication process with all of this. The number of vaccines delivered to the states has not been clear, they aren't sure who to tell to go when, and it's a bit of a mess right now. This is what happens when you have NO national plan for something that we KNEW was coming at some point. It's poor governance at a time we can least afford it. Seems like Biden and co. are going to turn it around but it takes time.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Related to that, I don't understand why we aren't using Homeland Security tools to communicate this information to people. The same systems that report Amber alerts, the false alarm missile in Hawaii, dangerous weather events could be utilized here to get people to the information they need.

Also also... the group systems don't really make sense. First off, why have 1a, 1b, 1c, 2, 3.... how about 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? And further, depending on the county where I am, they will say something like "we're in 1b but only doing these 3 groups of 1b, these other four groups are not yet being vaccinated." Jesus. Then make them separate groups to make it easy for people to know.

At the end of the day though, we just need more vaccines available. We can expand the number of centers and their capacity, but without viles of vaccine to fill the syringes it doesn't make any difference.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Same. Presently on the list, but haven't even gotten the email I was supposed to get to be ABLE to register for an appointment. Very frustrating all around in the communication process with all of this. The number of vaccines delivered to the states has not been clear, they aren't sure who to tell to go when, and it's a bit of a mess right now. This is what happens when you have NO national plan for something that we KNEW was coming at some point. It's poor governance at a time we can least afford it. Seems like Biden and co. are going to turn it around but it takes time.
I have no idea how I'll be told it's my turn either.
My parents are in their 80's and they don't know either.

there's a website that gives the roll-out timeframe, and it says I'm likely some time June through Sept.
that assumes we get the doses in a timely manner, which has also been an issue.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how I'll be told it's my turn either.
My parents are in their 80's and they don't know either.

there's a website that gives the roll-out timeframe, and it says I'm likely some time June through Sept.
that assumes we get the doses in a timely manner, which has also been an issue.
My wifes aunt is the primary visitor/caregiver to my wifes nana who is in a retirement/assisted living home and they both got their first shot monday

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the Pfizer one. No choice offered. Coworkers who went to other locations for theirs got the Moderna one. So I guess the system I work for got batches from both sources