• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris said Wilson is better than Luck

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked at the exact dollar amounts but I'm willing to bet Luck is a much bigger salary cap hit. Will the Seahawks be able to keep a team like this around Wilson once the have to pay him, and he's going to get paid.

I have no horse in this race but I'd take Luck over Wilson hands down all things being equal. But they're not equal and I get you not wanting to rock the boat. Wilson has shown he's clutch.

That being said they're both MUCH better than the dreck my team is putting out there every week.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see, I never see Colts/Luck fans try to argue his superiority to Russel Wilson. I don't know why Seahawk fans have such a massive inferiority complex when it comes to these two.

Colt fans don't argue his ability because he was taken with the 1st pick. The 3rd rounder has things he must prove before he is considered better.
If things were reversed I would think your opinion would reverse as well.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter? Universally, no matter what message board or comments section i read, the overall jist I get is that Colts fans couldn't care less and Seahawk fans are consumed with this massive inferiority complex....maybe it's because we're just used to greatness at the QB position.

Could be. The great Manning then the suck for Luck season to get AL.
It seems kind of unfair in that regard.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I am totally happy with RW as our QB, just as I am sure Colt fans are happy with AL as their QB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked at the exact dollar amounts but I'm willing to bet Luck is a much bigger salary cap hit. Will the Seahawks be able to keep a team like this around Wilson once the have to pay him, and he's going to get paid.

Luck's cap hit next year is 7 million. Wilson's is a little under 1 million. Both of them are going to get paid in the neighborhood of 20 million next year, although neither will have that sort of cap hit.

I have no horse in this race but I'd take Luck over Wilson hands down all things being equal. But they're not equal and I get you not wanting to rock the boat. Wilson has shown he's clutch.

I completely get why people would prefer Luck. He's going to be a heck of a player.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont say it often. But when it comes up I'll let you know. Now crawl back in to your hole.

From an outsiders perspective you do seem like you love to gloat. The Seattle fanbase in general seems very cocky. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with being somewhat cocky as a fan when you have a great team but it does seem that Seattle's fans love to talk about it, which gets very annoying.

You would think with all the years you had a bad team the fans would be more humble but I see a lot of Seahawk fans on here bragging about this and that and it just makes them look like douchebags.

AshyLarry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I am totally happy with RW as our QB, just as I am sure Colt fans are happy with AL as their QB.

This. Even though I think Luck is slightly better I wouldn't trade Luck for Wilson.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an outsiders perspective you do seem like you love to gloat. The Seattle fanbase in general seems very cocky. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with being somewhat cocky as a fan when you have a great team but it does seem that Seattle's fans love to talk about it, which gets very annoying.

You would think with all the years you had a bad team the fans would be more humble but I see a lot of Seahawk fans on here bragging about this and that and it just makes them look like douchebags.

Seahawk fans are certainly a vocal group here. And they do start threads about the team. Are they thread jacking other threads? I haven't seen that.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Even though I think Luck is slightly better I wouldn't trade Luck for Wilson.

I used to have a similar feeling about Jeter and A Rod in 2000 and 2001. A Rod was the better player but I knew Jeter was going to come through in the playoffs and especially the W.S. where I had no idea what A Rod would do in a big spot

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fans are certainly a vocal group here. And they do start threads about the team. Are they thread jacking other threads? I haven't seen that.

And as I said before it isn't necessarily a bad thing to be confident and even a bit cocky in your team. You obviously have a great team so you should be confident. The problem I see from Seahawks fans is that I find threads all over (not just on this website) from Seahawks fans just openly gloating about how kick ass their defense is, how they will probably repeat as champions and how pretty much no other team can even compete when they are on their game. It's like they create these threads just to brag which is somewhat annoying. I can see if you are having a football discussion and talking about teams and players and such but when I see Seahawks fans creating threads just to talk about how good their team is (and not even in the Seahawks only section but the general section) it does get annoying and makes them come off as obnoxious.

On another note this whole "12th Man" thing. I've seen fans saying that they are the best fans out of any franchise. When asked why, a lot of them say they are the loudest and the best. Loud doesn't make you the best fans and I'd venture to say that part of the reason why the "Fans" are so loud is because of the way the stadium is constructed. It seems to hold in noise very well. If you put several other teams in that same stadium I'd bet they could be just as loud.

Once again, I'm not trying to start a hate thread. These are just things I have seen and why a lot of people are annoyed with the Seahawks and their fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I must ask, who is Chris Harris and why should I care who he thinks is better?

OIC, he just got smoked by Wilson, lol.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This to me is turning into Brady vs Manning all over again. Early in their career Brady was the who was winning and Manning was putting up big stats and it's been that way their whole careers. Brady has always had better teams than Manning. He's had much better defenses, much better running games, much better coaching and overall just more luck than Manning in his career.

I see the same thing with Luck. He's played on a shitty team his whole career while Wilson has had a much better team and much better coaching than Luck. Just like Brady when he was winning super bowls, I think lot's of qb's could have won a super bowl with the Seahawks last year. Wilson isn't asked to do nearly as much Luck is on a weekly basis.

Luck is the new Manning

Wilson is the new Brady.

One is clearly better than the other(Luck) but the other has had much better teams(Wilson).

That's not to say Wilson isn't on his way to being elite. Brady eventually became an elite quarterback and I think Wilson will be as well.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont know what to tell ya man. I think Wilson is better than Luck. I think my team is great position for a multi year run.

Dont know why that bothers anyone. What would you like me to talk about?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I said before it isn't necessarily a bad thing to be confident and even a bit cocky in your team. You obviously have a great team so you should be confident. The problem I see from Seahawks fans is that I find threads all over (not just on this website) from Seahawks fans just openly gloating about how kick ass their defense is, how they will probably repeat as champions and how pretty much no other team can even compete when they are on their game. It's like they create these threads just to brag which is somewhat annoying. I can see if you are having a football discussion and talking about teams and players and such but when I see Seahawks fans creating threads just to talk about how good their team is (and not even in the Seahawks only section but the general section) it does get annoying and makes them come off as obnoxious.

On another note this whole "12th Man" thing. I've seen fans saying that they are the best fans out of any franchise. When asked why, a lot of them say they are the loudest and the best. Loud doesn't make you the best fans and I'd venture to say that part of the reason why the "Fans" are so loud is because of the way the stadium is constructed. It seems to hold in noise very well. If you put several other teams in that same stadium I'd bet they could be just as loud.

Once again, I'm not trying to start a hate thread. These are just things I have seen and why a lot of people are annoyed with the Seahawks and their fans.

Yeah, dude.... We've heard it all before. You're not exactly breaking new ground, though your take is certainly appreciated.

Lighten up, start a thread about the Packers or something. We'll be right here.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, dude.... We've heard it all before. You're not exactly breaking new ground, though your take is certainly appreciated.

Lighten up, start a thread about the Packers or something. We'll be right here.

This is my point exactly. It doesn't bother me that you guys think your team is good. It bothers me and a lot of other people that a lot of the fans (notice how I didn't say all) seem to get off on rubbing it into everyone's faces at how good they think their team is. I can see you guys talking about your team in the Seattle section and I can see you guys talking about your team in a general football thread. But I see a lot of Seahawks fans starting random threads (not necessarily on this forum) just to brag about how good the team is. And I say brag because it seems when someone comes in with a different opinion the Seahawks fans start saying that the other team has no shot, the Seahawks will kill them, the stadium is louder than any other, they are the best and etc....I just don't get it. There is a difference between thinking your team is good and throwing it in everyone's faces and there seems to be a lot of that going on. :noidea:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson to me is going to mirror Troy Aikman. You hardly ever hear his name mentioned as one of the greatest ever, except by some Cowboys fans and a few rivals like Bill Walsh and Mike Holmgren. It's always Emmitt, the OLine, and the best roster in the game that takes the credit. Troy's had to settle for 3 Rings, a Bust in Canton, and a sweet gig with Fox. Not the worst deal ever.....

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Luck, and in my opinion, it's not even close.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Luck, and in my opinion, it's not even close.
And after all is said and done, if Luck has no ring and Wilson has 1, what would you say?

Results are what matter and to this point Wilson has better results.

"It's not close" is a joke of an argument.