• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris said Wilson is better than Luck

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have 2 titles than 1.
I would rather have 1 title than 0.

Wilson brought this team 1 title. Luck has brought the Colts 0.

You sure like arguing hypotheticals, don't you?

The Defense and Lynch brought Seattle the title more than Wilson.

You need to take off your Wilson goggles if you don't know that the defense and Lynch are the top 2 reasons you guys won the superbowl last year.

I didn't ask you what you rather have. I stated a simple fact. Football is a team sport. You can't win a title with just a good QB. You need to have a solid run game, good defense, and good kicker/special teams.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think with all the years you had a bad team the fans would be more humble but I see a lot of Seahawk fans on here bragging about this and that and it just makes them look like douchebags.

Why would you think that?

I mean, some of us, sure. I'm old, I've been around since '76. I lived through the horrible years, the Ken Behring 'move the team in the middle of the night' years. I've watched when you just hoped to maybe get an upset or give someone a good game, or maybe see a Patera trick play.

I see COMMERIALS for Seahawks players on national tv. It's bizarre. I see Seahawks players in graphic opens on the networks. It's bizarre. I see people complaining about bandwagon Seahwawk fans just like I saw in the 80's and 90's about Dallas and San Francisco.

So yeah, I'm humble, because I had nothing to do with them winning. Besides being a long time loyal fan who has bought merch, and traveled to games.

But why would I be surprised that Seattle fans act like Cowboy fans or 9er fans or Packer fans?

I'll take the antipathy of other fanbases as a compliment. Means we're relevant. Not a lot of times over the years we've ever been relevant.

Why do longtime Seahawk fans have an inferiority complex?

Maybe because for most of their history, at best, they were mediocre?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson numbers in the 2013 playoffs

VS NO- 9/18 103 yards
VS SF- 16/25 215 yards and 1 TD
VS DEN- 18/25 206 yards and 2 TDS

Those numbers are nothing special.

Lynch ran for over 100 yards vs the Saints & 49ers on 5 YPC while the defense dominated Denver in the superbowl.

Wilson wasn't the reason Seattle won any of their games in the playoffs.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I said before it isn't necessarily a bad thing to be confident and even a bit cocky in your team. You obviously have a great team so you should be confident. The problem I see from Seahawks fans is that I find threads all over (not just on this website) from Seahawks fans just openly gloating about how kick ass their defense is, how they will probably repeat as champions and how pretty much no other team can even compete when they are on their game. It's like they create these threads just to brag which is somewhat annoying. I can see if you are having a football discussion and talking about teams and players and such but when I see Seahawks fans creating threads just to talk about how good their team is (and not even in the Seahawks only section but the general section) it does get annoying and makes them come off as obnoxious.

On another note this whole "12th Man" thing. I've seen fans saying that they are the best fans out of any franchise. When asked why, a lot of them say they are the loudest and the best. Loud doesn't make you the best fans and I'd venture to say that part of the reason why the "Fans" are so loud is because of the way the stadium is constructed. It seems to hold in noise very well. If you put several other teams in that same stadium I'd bet they could be just as loud.

Once again, I'm not trying to start a hate thread. These are just things I have seen and why a lot of people are annoyed with the Seahawks and their fans.

To follow up on the last post, yes, Seahawk fans should be proud of being good fans. Even in the horrible lean years, they'd fill their stadium. Are tickets stupidly hard to get now comparatively? Absolutely. But despite all the losing and mediocrity, Seattle fans have always been loyal, and knowledgeable.

Noise isn't new for them either.

The Kingdome used to be stupid loud too. Especially when people kicked their feet. Whole building shook.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VS NO- 9/18 103 yards

Lynch ran for over 100 yards vs the Saints & 49ers on 5 YPC while the defense dominated Denver in the superbowl.

The stats are misleading. Seattle has been a pass to set up the run team for nearly two seasons now. Sunday's game was a great example. Lynch couldn't get loose all day. Until the winning TD when the Denver D was selling out to stop Wilson.

I still have high hopes that our O line will be better at run blocking this year. I think Carpenter/Sweezy have shown real improvement. But Denver's effort Sunday was by no means unusual.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why certain Seahawks fans get so offended when other fans say they would take Luck over Wilson.

I'm pretty sure it's phrases like 'it's not even close.'

There's at least one Seahawk fan in the thread who has said he'd take Luck. I think Luck is a good QB, and I'd be happy to have him. I still rate Wilson's intangibles as higher though.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense and Lynch brought Seattle the title more than Wilson.

You need to take off your Wilson goggles if you don't know that the defense and Lynch are the top 2 reasons you guys won the superbowl last year.

I didn't ask you what you rather have. I stated a simple fact. Football is a team sport. You can't win a title with just a good QB. You need to have a solid run game, good defense, and good kicker/special teams.

Wilson played one helluva SB. and Lynch didnt have a big game, Wilson made some big 3rd down plays, he had a 50 point better QB rating than Manning. Wilson had 0 T/O. This isnt Dilfer your talking about or Ben in his SB games with the .27 QB rating and needing Harrison to returning a pick 99 yards to win game. Wilson was just as important as his D

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wilson played for SF and had 1 title, I'm almost sure every Seahawks fan would take Luck over Wilson.

Football is a team sport so Luck having 1 less title than Wilson doesn't mean shit. You need an all around great team to win championships. Wilson didn't have great numbers in any of the 3 playoffs games last year and actually against the Saints he played like shit but because Seattle has a complete team they were able to win the title.

Manning only has 1 title and everyone would agree that he is better than Eli, Big Ben, & Aikman who all has more titles than Peyton.

I've been most excited about Wilson's 'intangibles' right from the start. That's what, imo, sets him apart. The guy he reminds me of in that is Montana. And let me be clear, I think that Montana was a better QB.

But it was the intangibles, the mental aspect of the game that set Montana apart. He wasn't going to wow you with his arm, or his legs. But as Derrick Thomas pointed out, he was always 3 moves ahead of everyone else on the field.

Wilson has a bit of that. He does make some mistakes, he does get happy feet now and then. But he's remarkably poised, and when the game is really on the line, no moment seems too big for him.

Manning, of course, has the opposite rep. He's a frickin' surgeon most of the time, and in the regular season, but when the stage is real big? Sometimes he... well... Mannings.

In fifteen years I wouldn't be surprised in the least to look back on this thread and see it turning out either way. Luck could go to 12 more straight pro-bowls, and win a couple of rings, and be in the discussion for best ever.

So could Wilson.

And I love that people continue to doubt him, because it's part of what drives him. Please keep it up. :)

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VS NO- 9/18 103 yards

Go watch the nfccg and SB again... You should be able to recognize a great player making plays without checking the stat sheet.

Go check Mannings stats from his SB run in 06.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson played one helluva SB. and Lynch didnt have a big game, Wilson made some big 3rd down plays, he had a 50 point better QB rating than Manning. Wilson had 0 T/O. This isnt Dilfer your talking about or Ben in his SB games with the .27 QB rating and needing Harrison to returning a pick 99 yards to win game. Wilson was just as important as his D

Thank you. Seattle was in third down situations the whole game, and for the most part it was Wilson completing passes to keep drives going. Especially in the first half when the momentum still could have swung.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 620.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why certain Seahawks fans get so offended when other fans say they would take Luck over Wilson.

Actually we don't get offended at all, we just like to argue the point. If anyone is getting offended it's the Luck supporters. How dare we even argue " the fact" that Luck is better? You hear points that we are arrogant yet you see Luck supporters saying it's not even "close". Just who is being arrogant here?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think colts fans love luck because they are used to watching their QB choke with the game on the line. Ya he has had his comebacks, and so did manning. But in big moments in big games these guys are both chokers.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go watch the nfccg and SB again... You should be able to recognize a great player making plays without checking the stat sheet.

Go check Mannings stats from his SB run in 06.

What 3 td's/7ints? and if Caldwell didnt drop 3 easy passes , 2 in end zone, and Pats D blowing 21 point lead Pats would have another SB and Manning would be another Marino

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These threads are pathetic. I'm pretty sure that both of the teams are pretty happy with the QB position at this point and a lot of other teams that have drafted QB's the last 2 years are kicking themselves right now because they passed on Wilson. I was intrigued by the pick because I followed him at Wisconsin and the guy was money. Wisconsin was in barn burner after barn burner and he kept coming up with huge plays and he obviously had a NFL caliber arm. I was actually hoping we'd draft Foles but things obviously worked out for us.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What 3 td's/7ints? and if Caldwell didnt drop 3 easy passes , 2 in end zone, and Pats D blowing 21 point lead Pats would have another SB and Manning would be another Marino

Manning came up huge in that 2nd half. It was make or break for his career and he finally showed up. I can see Pats fans kicking themselves for the outcome but Manning was awesome for that 2nd half.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. Seattle was in third down situations the whole game, and for the most part it was Wilson completing passes to keep drives going. Especially in the first half when the momentum still could have swung.

Absolutely, he was throwing darts to really no big name receivers, and Harvin's first or second game back. He doesnt complete the 3rd downs and extends the plays, who knows how the momentum swings. He did great keeping the no#1 offense off the field

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning came up huge in that 2nd half. It was make or break for his career and he finally showed up. I can see Pats fans kicking themselves for the outcome but Manning was awesome for that 2nd half.

Look I dont make excuses for losses esp the 2 SB last min ones to Giants but if you watched the game and saw Caldwell bug eyes wide open dropping 3 ducks, the result would have been different, Its the past and manning played a good second half. I was just answering a question about his playoff run where he went 3td /7 int and D won the SB. Wilson was just as responsible as the D was. Guy makes very few mistakes and thats all you can ask for . You cough up the ball 3-4 times in a game, now your asking too much of your D to save your ass and mistakes

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I dont make excuses for losses esp the 2 SB last min ones to Giants but if you watched the game and saw Caldwell bug eyes wide open dropping 3 ducks, the result would have been different, Its the past and manning played a good second half. I was just answering a question about his playoff run where he went 3td /7 int and D won the SB. Wilson was just as responsible as the D was. Guy makes very few mistakes and thats all you can ask for . You cough up the ball 3-4 times in a game, now your asking too much of your D to save your ass and mistakes

I remember in 07 when Brady was chasing the TD record, a media member asked bb about how he felt about chase... He grumbled something along the lines of "the TDs are great, but I like the ints that he doesn't throw even more".

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Luck on the Seahawks and they're a better team. Plain and simple. Not a knock on Wilson, but Luck is superior.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Luck on the Seahawks and they're a better team. Plain and simple. Not a knock on Wilson, but Luck is superior.

Opinions are like assholes everyone has 1. I think Luck has more tangibles, size and arm strength and Wilson has more intangibles, better leader, bigger heart and better decisions. Look at their no#s and Wilson's are better . Guys like Wilson ( 3rd round) and Brady ( 6th) have chips, fire and have to prove they belonged, vs a first round ( esp a No#1) pick that sometimes feels entitled. Brady says to this day that he knows he can be replaced, just like he took Bledsoe's job. And Wilson has the " Why not us" attitude that was contagious in the locker room. Something his dad said when he said " why not you son" overcoming size to become a starter and lead team to SB win.

I like the way a previous poster said Brady always had better teams, better running game, better coach ( agree but Dungy was no joke. Brady took over a 5-11 team the year before and 0-2 when Bledsoe went out. One guy had Faulk, Edge, Harrison and Wayne the other guy had Moss for 2 years. And their reg season records were pretty close