• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris said Wilson is better than Luck

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter? Universally, no matter what message board or comments section i read, the overall jist I get is that Colts fans couldn't care less and Seahawk fans are consumed with this massive inferiority complex....maybe it's because we're just used to greatness at the QB position.

Please explain how the Colts fans are supposed to say anything one way or the other when there are no Colts fans on these boards?

In 5 years they don't even have a second page of topics on their boards!

Maybe I should match the arrogant stupidity of your comments and make a statement long the lines of "The Colts fans obviously don't care about their team like Seahawks fans do." or "If Luck really was as good as Luck then Colts fans would debate the issue but he is obviously inferior because they are too embarassed to stand up for him!"

Quit being an idiot-troll. If you don't like to debate factual information and instead just want to insult others then do everyone else a favor and f-off.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain how the Colts fans are supposed to say anything one way or the other when there are no Colts fans on these boards?

In 5 years they don't even have a second page of topics on their boards!

Maybe I should match the arrogant stupidity of your comments and make a statement long the lines of "The Colts fans obviously don't care about their team like Seahawks fans do." or "If Luck really was as good as Luck then Colts fans would debate the issue but he is obviously inferior because they are too embarassed to stand up for him!"

Quit being an idiot-troll. If you don't like to debate factual information and instead just want to insult others then do everyone else a favor and f-off.

So let me get this straight.....because we don't whine and cry and show off our massive inferiority complex about our QB, that means we're too embarrassed to stand up for him??? LOL....ok. Sorry if upsets you so much that the majority of football fans happen to think Luck is better. I swear one day, you'll grow up, have a career, a family, a mortgage, and little things like who's QB is better won't matter as much.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight.....because we don't whine and cry and show off our massive inferiority complex about our QB, that means we're too embarrassed to stand up for him??? LOL....ok. Sorry if upsets you so much that the majority of football fans happen to think Luck is better. I swear one day, you'll grow up, have a career, a family, a mortgage, and little things like who's QB is better won't matter as much.

I guess that you missed the point entirely so I will shout it out in caps so your tiny little troll mind can comprehend:

THERE ARE NO COLTS FANS ON THESE BOARDS TO DISCUSS COLT RELATED ISSUES!

Over 5 years and the Colts board has less than a single page of posts!

As for the whining part of it, I think that you are doing enough of it to cover for the rest of the Indy fanbase. Hypocrite.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the reason you don't see many Indy fans getting into this debate is because by and large most analysts say that Luck is better which is what Indy fans agree with. There is no reason for Indy fans to feel snubbed or disrespected. If suddenly all the "experts" started saying Wilson is undoubtedly better than Luck you'd likely see many more Indy fans objecting. Just my opinion.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats Wilson, like 7-0 against Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning? Thats pretty darn good. You know who he did lose to though? Luck.

Just kicking the hornets nest a little bit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason you don't see many Indy fans getting into this debate is because by and large most analysts say that Luck is better which is what Indy fans agree with. There is no reason for Indy fans to feel snubbed or disrespected. If suddenly all the "experts" started saying Wilson is undoubtedly better than Luck you'd likely see many more Indy fans objecting. Just my opinion.

Wait, so Seattle fans feels snubbed or disrespected just because people think Luck is a better QB? Do us Indy fans feel "snubbed or disrepected" because the overall majority of fans and "experts" think Seattle has the better football team? Of course not, because it's true....it is what it is. The the that gets me most is the overall butthurtedness by your fanbase. It's pathetic.You won the Super Bowl....be happy with that.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally I don't give a flying crap about who is better or not. While there are many factors that go into this debate, if we are to stick to the actual facts we find this:

Luck career: 58.1% completions, 6.88 yards per attempt, 55 tds and 30 ints (1.83 TD to INT ratio); 83.5 passer rating

Wilson career: 64.1% completions, 8.03 yards per attempt, 58 tds and 20 ints (2.9 TD to INT ratio); 101.4 passer rating

Before you accuse me of picking stats, it is widely held that yards per attempt, completion percentage, and TD to INT ratio are considered the best statisics to evaluate QB play, and passer rating (not the ill-fated total QB rating) is a stats based rating approved and used by the NFL.

Luck has improved and is off to a very good start this year and this might be his breakthrough but his career to this point has had people impressed with his potential more than his actual performance, which is often great but has been very inconsistent. Wilson has put up less yards but has shown the ability to consistently make the correct decision more than Luck has to this point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is quickly turning into the next Manning verses Brady thing. Not sure why people have to pick one over the other. They both have their strengths and weaknesses but all-in-all look like the next great quarterbacks in this league. Too bad they play in different conferences so the only time they would actually play each other is once every 4 years or in the Super Bowl. That was what made the Manning/Brady rivalry so great is they played each other almost every year.

As for this argument I would pick Luck over Wilson even though I do think Wilson has outplayed him to this point. I guess I am one who is still caught up in the hype of Luck and what he brings to the team. I think only a handful of quarterbacks are asked to do more than Luck (Manning, Rodgers, and Brees) and even though Luck has a subpar team around him he still finds a way to get them to the playoffs every year. Yes I know he plays in a weak division but he is the true difference between the Colts being a top-5 pick every year and that of a Super Bowl contender. I just don't know if week in and week out Wilson could be that guy. At this point in the argument between these two I don't think one has separated themselves that much from the other though. They are both great and both franchises instead of debating who is better should just be counting their lucky stars they have a quarterback like they do. I got the joy of seeing the Elway years for the Broncos and once that type of quarterback is gone unless you are the Colts you don't see one like that for a long time. Enjoy the time you have now.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so Seattle fans feels snubbed or disrespected just because people think Luck is a better QB? Do us Indy fans feel "snubbed or disrepected" because the overall majority of fans and "experts" think Seattle has the better football team? Of course not, because it's true....it is what it is. The the that gets me most is the overall butthurtedness by your fanbase. It's pathetic.You won the Super Bowl....be happy with that.

No, I'm basically saying in any situation where two people or two teams are being compared by experts that the people who agree with the experts would have less to complain about since they're opinion is being backed up. If you happen to disagree then you may be more likely to comment. Or even if someone is stating on a message board that one is better than the other the fans of the "other" will probably defend their opinion. We are talking about Luck/Wilson but it could just as easily be Brady/Wilson, Gretzky/Lemieux, Bird/Johnson, Tyson/Ali or any number of others.

I'm not saying Luck is better or worse in this premise, just that Indy fans usually hear that Luck is better than Wilson, they agree with that, so there is no reason to defend him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's called debate. That's what you do on message boards.

The only thing that "upsets" me, as it were, about this particular debate is hearing the constant "Wilson just isn't as big as Luck. That argument simply doesn't hold water.

I'm perfectly fine with people who believe that Luck will be the better QB. Entirely possible that he will be.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird with Luck though... He's been crowned as so great and the next Peyton Manning QB before he's even accomplished anything ... I don't get that part.. I think he's done some good things, but so many analysts and fans want to skip his career and send him straight to Canton...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called debate. That's what you do on message boards.

The only thing that "upsets" me, as it were, about this particular debate is hearing the constant "Wilson just isn't as big as Luck. That argument simply doesn't hold water.

I'm perfectly fine with people who believe that Luck will be the better QB. Entirely possible that he will be.

Debating?? I see it as incessant tears flowing from your fingertips. It's tiresome..... day after day, week after week, month after month watching you Hawk fans continuously throw temper tantrums about something that isn't relevant to anyone on this message board life.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird with Luck though... He's been crowned as so great and the next Peyton Manning QB before he's even accomplished anything ... I don't get that part.. I think he's done some good things, but so many analysts and fans want to skip his career and send him straight to Canton...

Well I think he's accomplished a lot, especially considering the talent surrounding him. I, like most Colts fans, have spent almost 2 decades watching one of the greatest QBs of all time and for all of us to come to the agreement that Luck is so much more far advanced at this stage of his career than Manning was, just goes to show he's well on his way to Canton.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debating?? I see it as incessant tears flowing from your fingertips. It's tiresome..... day after day, week after week, month after month watching you Hawk fans continuously throw temper tantrums about something that isn't relevant to anyone on this message board life.

Just so you know, you have BY FAR been the whiniest person in this thread.

A bunch of people were talking about football, which is fairly common on football message board. You came in and immediately started going after Seahawk fans in some pointless attempt to start a childish fight.

If you don't want to talk about this subject there is a very simply thing you can do. Don't open it.

I get it. You want to portray Colts fans as being inherently superior in some way. I don't care. If it bothers you so much to read other people talking actual football then go over to stampedeblue.com and feel better about yourself.

Repeatedly trying to tell us that we are whining and crying and whatever other troll bait you are trying to use is just boring.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think he's accomplished a lot, especially considering the talent surrounding him. I, like most Colts fans, have spent almost 2 decades watching one of the greatest QBs of all time and for all of us to come to the agreement that Luck is so much more far advanced at this stage of his career than Manning was, just goes to show he's well on his way to Canton.

And what you see is what you might get... He's probably peaked and this is what your gonna see... A pretty decent qb that never get's it done when it counts... 7 picks in 2 playoff games is not Canton worthy...

AshyLarry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Luck is slightly better, but I do think Russell Wilson is incredibly underrated. Never seen a guy that makes so many big plays considered a "game manager".

However I also think "QB wins" or comparing defenses is a piss poor way to judge a QB, and shows people's inability to actually evaluate a QB.

No doubt in my mind though that Russell Wilson (especially now with Harvin) is one of the hardest QB's to prepare for in the NFL.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....then you proceed to write 4 paragraphs highlighting your massive inferiority complex. :rollseyes:

<sigh>

You just refuse to stop being a troll. Can't handle the truth so you don't even try to and instead only try to bait. Rather pathetic.

Have fun with the eventual banning loser.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably take Luck given the choice, but Flyerhawk makes a good point:

We know that Wilson can be great, on this team, in this system.

Why mess with that?

"Better" is subjective anyways. These things aren't played in a vacuum. There are things Luck does better, just as there are things Wilson does better. Ultimately, I think both teams and fanbases are happy with their guy.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly would have taken Luck before Wilson when they were drafted. However after 2 seasons I would not make that swap.

Andrew Luck likely would do well with Seattle. But I know that Russell Wilson does well there. Why would I want to change that?

I haven't looked at the exact dollar amounts but I'm willing to bet Luck is a much bigger salary cap hit. Will the Seahawks be able to keep a team like this around Wilson once the have to pay him, and he's going to get paid.

I have no horse in this race but I'd take Luck over Wilson hands down all things being equal. But they're not equal and I get you not wanting to rock the boat. Wilson has shown he's clutch.