• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris said Wilson is better than Luck

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Wilson, and it's not close. Preordination has a way of skewing perspective.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did not suck for Luck. 3 things happen which led to their 2-14 year

1) As everyone knew before, the colts weren't anything outside of Manning

2) They did not do a good job of finding a half decent backup for Manning. Wasn't Curtis Painter the backup?

3) The team the previous year wasn't a typical Manning colts team as they started to fall off. 2010 was the first time since 2002 that they won 10 games or fewer so it's like they had a championship roster who just intentionally sucked

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did not suck for Luck. 3 things happen which led to their 2-14 year

1) As everyone knew before, the colts weren't anything outside of Manning

2) They did not do a good job of finding a half decent backup for Manning. Wasn't Curtis Painter the backup?

3) The team the previous year wasn't a typical Manning colts team as they started to fall off. 2010 was the first time since 2002 that they won 10 games or fewer so it's like they had a championship roster who just intentionally sucked
From a winning season to the bottom....okay then.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you suck for luck if your job isn't guaranteed? There is no reason to suck for anyone unless you know your job is guaranteed.

There is not one logical reason you guys can tell me why the coaching staff/players would intentionally suck when their job for the following year was not guaranteed :noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a winning season to the bottom....okay then.

Things like that happen when you go from Peyton Manning to Curtis Painter. The year before if they did not have Peyton they would have won 2-4 games also. When you Manning only win 10 games, you know the team surrounding him is pretty bad.

Is Curtis Painter still in the league? Exactly my point

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you suck for luck if your job isn't guaranteed? There is no reason to suck for anyone unless you know your job is guaranteed.

There is not one logical reason you guys can tell me why the coaching staff/players would intentionally suck when their job for the following year was not guaranteed :noidea:
No clue really but do you know the owner of the Colts?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does the owner have to do with them intentionally sucking? Why would you intentionally suck if you're Jim Caldwell knowing your job is not guaranteed? Same goes for players.

I'm going to make an owner tell me to intentionally suck when my roster spot isn't guaranteed for the following season? Makes no sense

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One person does not get nearly enough blame for that season is Caldwell. His coaching staff was entirely unprepared to deal with a Manningless season.

Curtis Painter had been the backup for a long time. And yet he came out on the field and looked like a rookie. Then they bring in a completely unfit Kerry Collins. By the time that Orlovsky started playing the season was lost.

By the end of the season players started playing for their jobs and the team started playing better. But Caldwell was a dead man walking.

I find it very unlikely that the team intentionally tanked.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the owner doesn't control the play on the field. And he fired the front office and coaching staff after the season. So if he asked them to tank, he certainly didn't give them any compensation for doing it.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Colts didn't look so talented when the greatest QB of all time wasn't on the field.

Haha he isn't even the greatest Colts QB of all time that belongs to Johnny Unitas

Montana/ Brady

Manning/ Favre

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was he or was he not the QB?

Umm...not sure where you are going with this, but he was the QB on that Lions team in the same way Flynn was the QB for the Packers last year.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One person does not get nearly enough blame for that season is Caldwell. His coaching staff was entirely unprepared to deal with a Manningless season.

Curtis Painter had been the backup for a long time. And yet he came out on the field and looked like a rookie. Then they bring in a completely unfit Kerry Collins. By the time that Orlovsky started playing the season was lost.

By the end of the season players started playing for their jobs and the team started playing better. But Caldwell was a dead man walking.

I find it very unlikely that the team intentionally tanked.

This. The Colts were a flawed team for years and years. Manning covers up a lot of issues on your team. Combine that with the fact that Caldwell just isn't a good coach and that equals 2-14.

And for everyone talking about Peyton and the postseason, you should read this article to gain some enlightenment.

Peyton Manning?s 9-11 Playoff Record Is a Call for Help

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha he isn't even the greatest Colts QB of all time that belongs to Johnny Unitas

Montana/ Brady

Manning/ Favre

Your Manning hate blinds you.

Why do all Patriot fans hate Manning so much?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Manning hate blinds you.

Why do all Patriot fans hate Manning so much?

No I have said it repeatedly that he is one of the best ever and first ballot HOF, but funny when he" carries bad teams on his back" He has always had great talent around him, Faulh, Edge, Harrison,Wayne 4 guys that are/ will be in HOF and Mathis/Freeney on D and now plenty on both with Denver. Big flaw is gets rattle quickly and makes crucial mistakes in big games. Not his fault how he reacts under presssure. Prob mostly on him, because he tries to do too much, while ELi is opposite, kinda of like he doesnt care, and is big in playoffs and SB.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he had Mathis/Freeney doesn't mean the D was good. For most of his years in Indy, his D was mediocre to bad. He did have really good offensive talent and you forgot to mention Dallas Clark who was really good also

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he had Mathis/Freeney doesn't mean the D was good. For most of his years in Indy, his D was mediocre to bad. He did have really good offensive talent and you forgot to mention Dallas Clark who was really good also

There were other guys too I didnt mention. They have had a #3 D and a no# 5 not shabby if you ask me

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who think the Colts didnt tank to get Luck is a fool. If you watched the games and how they lost please. Sorgi was a decent backup never used prob would have gone 8-8 with that team, but they kept Painter, the worst possible QB who's passes hit the turf 5 yards before the player. Irsay got to some asst coaches and key players and got it handled. Caldwell was just a fill in, but performed well in helping coach Ravens over Denver /SF and nice start at Detroit. Please dont be so naive