• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris said Wilson is better than Luck

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll tell you what I do know....the Colts don't beat Drew Brees in the playoffs with Luck throwing for 100 yards.

Well they aren't beating anyone if he throws 4 picks in a game either.

I know you think that Wilson should just tell his coaches to f off and ignore their entire approach to the game but apparently Wilson disagrees. Looks like it has worked out for him and the team.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, define success. The NFC has sent a black QB to the SuperBowl in back to back years. It has more to do with the ratio of black QBs to the total amount.

Secondly, if your point is that scrambling QBs don't have much success (which also seems silly to me), then say that. But using skin color definitely comes off pretty prejudiced, yes. There are black QBs who like to scramble and there are black QBs that I could beat in a 40 yard dash (paging Byron Leftwich).

Saying "black QBs don't have much success" indicates that the lack of success is related to their skin color. That is pretty messed up.

Leftwich is black?! He was so damn slow I assumed he was white. Learn somethign new everyday on this site

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, define success. The NFC has sent a black QB to the SuperBowl in back to back years. It has more to do with the ratio of black QBs to the total amount.

Secondly, if your point is that scrambling QBs don't have much success (which also seems silly to me), then say that. But using skin color definitely comes off pretty prejudiced, yes. There are black QBs who like to scramble and there are black QBs that I could beat in a 40 yard dash (paging Byron Leftwich).

Saying "black QBs don't have much success" indicates that the lack of success is related to their skin color. That is pretty messed up.

ok, you want to use ratio? Why is the ratio for black QBs so low, yet the ratio for black WRs, RBs, DB's, and LB's so high?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Fran Tarkenton was black.

fran-tarkenton-action-670288

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, you want to use ratio? Why is the ratio for black QBs so low, yet the ratio for black WRs, RBs, DB's, and LB's so high?

Because many people told them they couldn't play QB.

Do you think there's something inherent that prevents them from playing QB in the NFL successfully?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think there's something inherent that prevents them from playing QB in the NFL successfully?

Coaches that think like him?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it because people told them they couldn't play QB, or is it maybe just a fact that they can't play QB? Is it racist if I said whites aren't at good at the skill positions? Or does racism only go one way?

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it because people told them they couldn't play QB, or is it maybe just a fact that they can't play QB? Is it racist if I said whites aren't at good at the skill positions? Or does racism only go one way?

So Russell Wilson, Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb, among others were no good?

I'm willing to bet the failure rate is similar among races. How many white QBs have sucked too? For every Jamarcus Russell, there's a Ryan Leaf.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you said that a white RB wouldn't succeed because he is white, then yeah you would be.

The history of the QB position makes it pretty clear institutional bias has historically prevented black QBs from making it TO the NFL, much less to make it there.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Russell Wilson, Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb, among others were no good?

I'm willing to bet the failure rate is similar among races. How many white QBs have sucked too? For every Jamarcus Russell, there's a Ryan Leaf.

There's no point arguing with this guy because he's obviously an idiot. Most QB's end up sucking. It's the hardest position in professional sports and well over half of the fans in the league are constantly bagging on the guys they have playing for them right now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would like to know who the black QBs that he thinks compare to Russell Wilson are.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The subtext of what he's saying is that blacks don't make good QB's because they can't THINK like a white QB.

So yep, you're not going to see a whole lot of Innuit NBA players, as far as I know, no-one has ever been able to point to anything legitimate that shows a MENTAL difference between races.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's pass blocking is now and has been worse than Indy's the last couple of years (I know that is hard to believe because Indy's pass blocking sucks also but check OL ratings and you will see)and I really fail to see how a better D has anything to do with QB performance.

I agree on the running game but Indy does not even attempt to run the ball. They bail on the running game early and just throw it 45-50 times a game so no one to blame but themselves on that count.

Indy's bails on the run game because they don't have one. Luck doesn't have a top 5 running back to hand the ball to. Luck is the only weapon they have on offense. Why not use that weapon to it's fullest?

And having a great defense has a huge influence on the offense. Wilson knows that he doesn't have to make many plays. He doesn't have to force anything because he has a great running game and defense that he can always rely upon to keep the game close. Luck has more turnovers because he is asked to do much more and knows that he doesn't have a great defense or running game to help him.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense(in most cases) wins championships. Very few Qb's in the league can win in this league without. Manning and Rodgers have never had truly great defenses and both of them have super bowl rings. That's why they are the 2 best in the league. Brees won a a title with an average defense. All of Brady's titles came with elite defenses and. Is it a surprise that Brady has yet to win a super bowl without an elite defense?

Luck has been saddled with a poor running game and defense. I said it earlier but I see his career playing out a lot like Manning's. He will have the great receiving core in his career but he will never have a truly great team that he can rely on if he plays poorly. Brady always had that early in his career. Wilson has it now.

Again

Luck=Manning/rodgers

Wilson=Brady/Eli Manning

And if i am a Seahawks fan, I would be totally cool with that just like Patriots fans were. But don't say Wilson is better than Luck just because he is having more team success.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense(in most cases) wins championships. Very few Qb's in the league can win in this league without. Manning and Rodgers have never had truly great defenses and both of them have super bowl rings. That's why they are the 2 best in the league. Brees won a a title with an average defense. All of Brady's titles came with elite defenses and. Is it a surprise that Brady has yet to win a super bowl without an elite defense?

Luck has been saddled with a poor running game and defense. I said it earlier but I see his career playing out a lot like Manning's. He will have the great receiving core in his career but he will never have a truly great team that he can rely on if he plays poorly. Brady always had that early in his career. Wilson has it now.

Again

Luck=Manning/rodgers

Wilson=Brady/Eli Manning

And if i am a Seahawks fan, I would be totally cool with that just like Patriots fans were. But don't say Wilson is better than Luck just because he is having more team success.

It would be one thing if he was just having more team success, but he's also having more individual success as well in nearly every category except for passing yards.

There really is no area that anyone can say Luck is far better than Wilson when it comes to the stats. All anyone can claim is the "eye test" or that Wilson's defense is better. That may be ok to do, but if you are going to take points off of Wilson for having a strong defense I think you need to take points off of Luck for playing cupcake defenses as well. Wilson has played far tougher opponents over his two years than Luck has and it's really not debatable. And even though Wilson has played in the NFC west and against other top D's he's still managed to put up top numbers in every category except passing yards, and where he lacks in passing yards he makes up in running yards. If you look at Wilson and Lucks total yardages last season (running and passing) there is only a difference of 19 yards per game. That's it. But all anyone wants to talk about with Luck is passing attempts and passing yards. Well, those running yards count too.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be one thing if he was just having more team success, but he's also having more individual success as well in nearly every category except for passing yards.

There really is no area that anyone can say Luck is far better than Wilson when it comes to the stats. All anyone can claim is the "eye test" or that Wilson's defense is better. That may be ok to do, but if you are going to take points off of Wilson for having a strong defense I think you need to take points off of Luck for playing cupcake defenses as well. Wilson has played far tougher opponents over his two years than Luck has and it's really not debatable. And even though Wilson has played in the NFC west and against other top D's he's still managed to put up top numbers in every category except passing yards, and where he lacks in passing yards he makes up in running yards. If you look at Wilson and Lucks total yardages last season (running and passing) there is only a difference of 19 yards per game. That's it. But all anyone wants to talk about with Luck is passing attempts and passing yards. Well, those running yards count too.

Your individual stats can directly correspond with the team around you. Im not saying Luck is a top 5 qb right now but he has done more(and been asked to do more) with far less than Wilson. Statistically, Manning wasn't great his first few years in the league statistically but he was asked to do more with far less and they affected his stats in a negative way, just like with Luck. But Manning eventually reached the point where he could put up monster numbers with very little help. Brady reached that point as well, but he hasn't won super bowls playing that way like Manning and Rodgers have. Luck is on the same path that Rodgers and Peyton is on. A HOF career that is overshadowed by "What ifs" as you Seahawk fans like to say. Wilson is on the path of Brady. Also a HOF qb that one multiple super bowls but had the benefit of playing on better teams and had consistently great coaching his entire career.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling YPA, passer rating, TD-Int %, among others, a function of the team is a major stretch.

And while Wilson's defense and run game is better, it's not like he's been throwing to better receivers.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Luck is a better passer but that alone doesn't make one a better QB.

Luck still has those games he completely falls apart. See last year's playoffs vs a poor Pats D. Wilson has shown to be smarter so far imo.

On the black QB thing. Nothing to do with race at all. It's the reality that most running QBs happen to be black. Many QBs that can run fall back on it too much and fail to go through their progressions. So far Wilson seems to be an exception to the rule.