• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris said Wilson is better than Luck

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you told me the niners had a choice of trading Ck for Luck or Wilson, i would hope they choose Wilson. The way he keeps plays alive and turns what appears to be a disaster into a highlight, is amazing and frustrating. I guess i havent noticed what luck does better for guys to say, they would pick him hands down. Just sounds like you all base it on what experts have you believing is a no brainer .

Can someone share what luck does so much better than Wilson? I haven't seen it yet...

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But having a great defense is always in the back of Wilson's mind. He knows that he doesn't have to force anything knowing that his defense and running game will almost always step up to the plate.

Those throws down the field are not as high risk as you think, considering there is not as many defenders in pass coverage when teams play the Seahawks.

In my experience, the nature of the defense is wildly overstated. Certain situations call for more attention in the box, but teams aren't consistently putting 8-9 defenders in the box every down.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you told me the niners had a choice of trading Ck for Luck or Wilson, i would hope they choose Wilson. The way he keeps plays alive and turns what appears to be a disaster into a highlight, is amazing and frustrating. I guess i havent noticed what luck does better for guys to say, they would pick him hands down. Just sounds like you all base it on what experts have you believing is a no brainer .

Can someone share what luck does so much better than Wilson? I haven't seen it yet...

To compare; Wilson has an outstanding oline, the best RB in the league, a top 2 D that continues to get the ball and short field position for him, a HC that is on his 3rd go round in the NFL and a champion college HC, all around him to make it as easy as possible for him to succeed....
Luck has a 1st time HC at any level, a suspect oline, no RB and a weak D....
Now put Wilson in Luck's position and see if you still think he's better....And Luck in Wilson's and you would probably 3 peat.....

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To compare; Wilson has an outstanding oline, the best RB in the league, a top 2 D that continues to get the ball and short field position for him, a HC that is on his 3rd go round in the NFL and a champion college HC, all around him to make it as easy as possible for him to succeed....
Now put Wilson in Luck's position and see if you still think he's better....And Luck in Wilson's and you would probably 3 peat.....

A bunch of superficial dribble from someone who has no idea what's been going on with the team over the last 5 seasons. I've watched maybe 4 Ravens games over the last 5 years. You want me to give you the rundown on your team right now?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When teams play the Seahawks, they generally have 7-8 guys in the box at all times to stop the run. That opens the door for Wilson to complete long passes on play action and so forth. We have seen this over and over again.

When teams play the Colts they always have extra players to help against the passing game, knowing they don't have to worry about the shitty running game. this means the windows and areas to throw the ball, are not as easily accessible. He can't go bombs away down the field with that many defenders in pass coverage. This often leads to him opting for short completions. This also leads to him trying to force throws down the field in order to make big plays knowing his defense and running game probably won't help, thus the extra turnovers.

Very few Qb's are able to throw the ball as much as Luck does with as little help as he has and still be highly efficient and not turn it over. Manning, Rodgers and Brady are really the only one's who can. It's why Luck isn't an elite QB like them yet, although he's well on his way.

That depends on your definition of highly efficient. Luck is not all that efficient. Luck had low interceptions last year, but he was also 15th in TDs, 26th in ypa, 24th in completion %, 17th in QB rating.

The "elite" QBs are high in all of these while attempting a large volume of passes.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are the current champs that everyone hates and wants to see lose as many games as possible.
I appreciate all of the contempt.
Many will choose Luck in this thread to try to piss us off or diminish our team in any fashion.

Go Seahawks.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's just plain funny, we are delusional? Because we think it's debatable who's the better QB, Luck or Wilson? You must of missed the whole Brady vs Manning debate.

Yeah. Most Seahawks fans are delusional. And I don't know if you are referring to a specific debate, but I have heard a lot of Brady vs manning debates. Both are great QBs. Both can be arguably declared as the best QB ever and have a leg to stand on. Luck is an uber talented QB who is already tearing up the league. Russel Wilson is good, but I see him as a kyle orton with legs. He can make throws that are wide open, but if the secondary puts the clamps down and he's running out of room he's more than likely to throw it out of bounds rather than thread the needle. He's a safe decision maker. He benefits greatly from playing the best secondary in the nfl by far in every practice and you can tell because of all of his throw always.

Again, Wilson is a good player, but I don't think he's elite. I think luck is an awful lot better along with several other QBs. Every time a team has a great defense and a terrible QB, the fans say "with this defense all we need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and operate an average offense." Russell Wilson is that QB, but he's not elite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are the current champs that everyone hates and wants to see lose as many games as possible.
I appreciate all of the contempt.
Many will choose Luck in this thread to try to piss us off or diminish our team in any fashion.

Go Seahawks.

Uhh.... Yeah, see what I mean? Seahawks fans are delusional. This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen. People choose luck over Wilson cuz he's better, not because of Seahawks hate. And I think it's more that opposing fans hate Seahawks fans because they are douches and a lot of the players act like douches. I want to hear their comments when they get beat in the playoffs this year.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Most Seahawks fans are delusional. And I don't know if you are referring to a specific debate, but I have heard a lot of Brady vs manning debates. Both are great QBs. Both can be arguably declared as the best QB ever and have a leg to stand on. Luck is an uber talented QB who is already tearing up the league. Russel Wilson is good, but I see him as a kyle orton with legs. He can make throws that are wide open, but if the secondary puts the clamps down and he's running out of room he's more than likely to throw it out of bounds rather than thread the needle. He's a safe decision maker. He benefits greatly from playing the best secondary in the nfl by far in every practice and you can tell because of all of his throw always.

Again, Wilson is a good player, but I don't think he's elite. I think luck is an awful lot better along with several other QBs. Every time a team has a great defense and a terrible QB, the fans say "with this defense all we need is a QB that won't turn the ball over and operate an average offense." Russell Wilson is that QB, but he's not elite.

I'm fine with putting Luck over Wilson, but "Kyle Orton with legs" is an awful comparison. They're nothing alike as a passer.

And you don't have a top 5 YPA by making "safe" throws. He throws the ball down the field as much as anyone.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with putting Luck over Wilson, but "Kyle Orton with legs" is an awful comparison. They're nothing alike as a passer.

And you don't have a top 5 YPA by making "safe" throws. He throws the ball down the field as much as anyone.

Yeah, this.

So many of these arguments are just made up on the spot.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only read about 10 pages of this, but I have to say this (if it hasent already been covered yet), i'm not sure Seattle wins a SB with Luck. Wilson runs for his life a lot and makes plays outside the pocket. The offensive line isn't that great. Would Luck have made most or even some of those plays along the line? Who knows, but I doubt it.

Bottom line is the offensive line isn't good enough to permit a pocket passer to be as successful as Wilson. For the Seahawks, I would choose Wilson. For some other teams, I could see myself choosing Luck.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends on your definition of highly efficient. Luck is not all that efficient. Luck had low interceptions last year, but he was also 15th in TDs, 26th in ypa, 24th in completion %, 17th in QB rating.

The "elite" QBs are high in all of these while attempting a large volume of passes.

I wasn't saying Luck was super efficient, I was simply stating that very few qb's can do that. Luck isn't one of them, but neither was Manning. He eventually became that kind of quarterback and I think Luck is on his way to being that as well.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only read about 10 pages of this, but I have to say this (if it hasent already been covered yet), i'm not sure Seattle wins a SB with Luck. Wilson runs for his life a lot and makes plays outside the pocket. The offensive line isn't that great. Would Luck have made most or even some of those plays along the line? Who knows, but I doubt it.

Bottom line is the offensive line isn't good enough to permit a pocket passer to be as successful as Wilson. For the Seahawks, I would choose Wilson. For some other teams, I could see myself choosing Luck.

Luck has had just as bad of an offensive line, and he still succeeds. Luck is underrated as runner and is incredibly mobile. Maybe not to the extent of Wilson, but to say Luck wouldn't succeed with the Hawks o-line is simply not true.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Luck is tearing up the league? I guess you haven't been following a long with this thread. It's already been pointed out that Tannehill numbers are better then Lucks, with a worse team. It's amazing how many folks still think this guy has been fantastic, even while not actually playing fantastic. Talk about a brain washing. Folks still think he's living up to reviews given him before the draft, he hasn't, at least not yet. I sure if Luck farted folks would claim it smells like roses.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is tearing up the league? I guess you haven't been following a long with this thread. It's already been pointed out that Tannehill numbers are better then Lucks, with a worse team. It's amazing how many folks still think this guy has been fantastic, even while not actually playing fantastic. Talk about a brain washing. Folks still think he's living up to reviews given him before the draft, he hasn't, at least not yet. I sure if Luck farted folks would claim it smells like roses.

Anybody that can sport such a tremendous neck beard has got to be great regardless of his numbers.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh.... Yeah, see what I mean? Seahawks fans are delusional. This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen. People choose luck over Wilson cuz he's better, not because of Seahawks hate. And I think it's more that opposing fans hate Seahawks fans because they are douches and a lot of the players act like douches. I want to hear their comments when they get beat in the playoffs this year.

Say's the Chicago Bears fan.... Da Bears ... They've made skits making fun of how cocky Bears fans can be...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL on the bolded part. Actually LMFAO on the bolded part. I take it the only Seahawks game you watched was the Super Bowl?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make a good point. You can also throw in that Seattle is likely to see bad weather so a player like Wilson might be a better fit for the Hawks.