• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Carson or Leonard Fournette?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks are chasing Leonard Fournette then why not just re-sign Chris Carson instead?
Is it because Carson is brittle? Well, yeah, he is brittle but Fournette has missed more games in the last three years than Carson has.
Is it because Fournette is a better backfield receiver? Well, yeah he is, but the Seahawks can only capitalize on that if they actually throw the ball to him. And, historically speaking, we have not seen enough RB receptions in the Wilson era to justify bringing in an RB just for that reason.

So why else would they show Fournette the money rather than Carson?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs and patriots are also in on Fournette and Carson has been talking with the Patriots, or i should say his agent was this morning.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks are chasing Leonard Fournette then why not just re-sign Chris Carson instead?
Is it because Carson is brittle? Well, yeah, he is brittle but Fournette has missed more games in the last three years than Carson has.
Is it because Fournette is a better backfield receiver? Well, yeah he is, but the Seahawks can only capitalize on that if they actually throw the ball to him. And, historically speaking, we have not seen enough RB receptions in the Wilson era to justify bringing in an RB just for that reason.

So why else would they show Fournette the money rather than Carson?
Probably better catching out of the backfield. See what the new OC schemes up.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson cleaned out his locker and canceled his Seahawk's twitter account immediately after the playoff loss.
There is no indication that he wants to return to the Seahawks.
Based on this, my guess is that it is more Carson deciding to move on the team's.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson cleaned out his locker and canceled his Seahawk's twitter account immediately after the playoff loss.
There is no indication that he wants to return to the Seahawks.
Based on this, my guess is that it is more Carson deciding to move on the team's.
I agree... I was going to say something along these same lines... It could very easily be Carson not giving the Hawks an opportunity to sign him so the Hawks have shifted their time and energy into other players... My guess is he didn't like how he was used this season along with the fact they held him out of games when he felt he could play...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... I was going to say something along these same lines... It could very easily be Carson not giving the Hawks an opportunity to sign him so the Hawks have shifted their time and energy into other players... My guess is he didn't like how he was used this season along with the fact they held him out of games when he felt he could play...
Yeah, I was going to suggest the same but there seems to an aversion in here anytime I suggest that certain players may not want to be here for whatever reason. I think our fanbase chooses to believe that Seattle is football heaven for players.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I already said that explained why it may not be an advantage.
I do believe it'll be an advantage. This isn't a scheme that Pete generally runs but something fresh. Looking at how the Rams O always has pieces moving and the use of the RBs out of the backfield would indicate get the better pass catcher out out of the back.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe it'll be an advantage. This isn't a scheme that Pete generally runs but something fresh. Looking at how the Rams O always has pieces moving and the use of the RBs out of the backfield would indicate get the better pass catcher out out of the back.
I've heard nor read anything that indicates Pete is looking for more of a Alvin Kamara type running back. On the contrary, his comments would leave one to believe that he would rather have a Derrik Henry/Marshawn Lynch type running back who uses his allotted touches carrying the ball rather than receiving it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard nor read anything that indicates Pete is looking for more of a Alvin Kamara type running back. On the contrary, his comments would leave one to believe that he would rather have a Derrik Henry/Marshawn Lynch type running back who uses his allotted touches carrying the ball rather than receiving it.
You're correct on what Pete wanted but that was before Russ's agent aired the laundry, now seems to be in a different direction just by looking at who Russ wanted at OC. They'll still run the ball but seems like the RBs will be more involved in the passing game.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct on what Pete wanted but that was before Russ's agent aired the laundry, now seems to be in a different direction just by looking at who Russ wanted at OC. They'll still run the ball but seems like the RBs will be more involved in the passing game.
So what you are saying is that they are going to let the disgruntled QB, rather than the head coach, make personnel decisions? Yeah, I can count on one finger how many times that strategy has worked out.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like Carson he brings a GRRRRR!!!! If anyway possible I would try to keep him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is that they are going to let the disgruntled QB, rather than the head coach, make personnel decisions? Yeah, I can count on one finger how many times that strategy has worked out.
Obviously not all personnel decisions but he wants to have a lot of input. It's already started with the OC hiring.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like Carson he brings a GRRRRR!!!! If anyway possible I would try to keep him.
Depends on how much he wants. No way the FO should over pay for a RB that's always hurt.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson has played in 41 games in the last three seasons, that is hardly.....always hurt.
You didn't factor in times he's started and left games plus the amount of times he plays through injuries which skews your numbers.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't factor in times he's started and left games plus the amount of times he plays through injuries which skews your numbers.

In the last three seasons Carson has had close to 700 carries over 3000 yards, a studly 4.6 average and 27td's.

Check out how many games Fournette has missed in the last three seasons.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol disgruntled QB? who would that be because it's not Russell Wilson. You are reaching with your hate.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol disgruntled QB? who would that be because it's not Russell Wilson. You are reaching with your hate.
'hate' is really a dumbass word to use on a message board. Maybe you mix hatred in with your sports. I don't. It's pointless.