• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Carson or Leonard Fournette?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Chris Carson I will really miss watching him fight for those extra 2 yards to push the chains which is something Penny doesn't do. If I were him I would for sure test the free agent market to see what team could utilize him more. He was on the last year of his contract averaging 4.8 yards a carry and not one game was he given the ball 20x. It didn't help of course he was injured and missed games so that falls on him but I would not want to keep playing next to a QB that is demanding everything be centered around him throwing the ball to make him look like a celebrity.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Chris Carson I will really miss watching him fight for those extra 2 yards to push the chains which is something Penny doesn't do. If I were him I would for sure test the free agent market to see what team could utilize him more. He was on the last year of his contract averaging 4.8 yards a carry and not one game was he given the ball 20x. It didn't help of course he was injured and missed games so that falls on him but I would not want to keep playing next to a QB that is demanding everything be centered around him throwing the ball to make him look like a celebrity.
.......except he doesn't feel it is all on him.
His own words before the season were that his goal was to remain healthy. When he was injured, he felt he was ready to come back sooner but was held out by the staff for a few more weeks.

There is no indication he had any issues playing next to Wilson. But there is evidence that he is pissed at the coaches and training staff for not letting him play when he thought he was ready. He was playing for a contract and felt the team management intentionally (from his pov) sabatoged his ability to get the big bucks with their decision.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last three seasons Carson has had close to 700 carries over 3000 yards, a studly 4.6 average and 27td's.

Check out how many games Fournette has missed in the last three seasons.
I see we are going to go around in circles like the whole Dak contract thread. Yes I know what Carson can do and it wouldn't be an issue if the guy can stay healthy.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to fournette, dude has never been very good. Vet minimum maybe, no way i'm handing him a bunch of money.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fournette fits what the Seahawks like , a big physical RB but so much better to draft RBs then to sign them when cap space isn't ideal.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson can't stay healthy.... I'd still rather give him a bigger paycheck than Fournette who is 100% mailing it in at this point.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see we are going to go around in circles like the whole Dak contract thread. Yes I know what Carson can do and it wouldn't be an issue if the guy can stay healthy.

When you find a guy who can avg 4.6 a carry ya do what ya can to keep him. As ya kow teams carry three RB's, so there are other to pick it up if need be. 700 carries over 3000 yards in the last three seasons is a problem, really?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you find a guy who can avg 4.6 a carry ya do what ya can to keep him. As ya kow teams carry three RB's, so there are other to pick it up if need be. 700 carries over 3000 yards in the last three seasons is a problem, really?
It became apparent that during his injury absence that he was a valuable piece of the offense. But it seems it is Carson's decision to move on moreso than the Seahawks.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It became apparent that during his injury absence that he was a valuable piece of the offense. But it seems it is Carson's decision to move on moreso than the Seahawks.

That is until Pete takes the young man aside and makes him a deal he can't refuse.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is until Pete takes the young man aside and makes him a deal he can't refuse.
Doubtful if they are pursuing Fournette.

My guess is that he will find a better deal elsewhere. But you never know.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In his four seasons Fournette has averaged...

Carson

Pete needs to see if he can fix this, Fournette a down grade as we can see.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his four seasons Fournette has averaged...

Carson

Pete needs to see if he can fix this, Fournette a down grade as we can see.
Generally it doesn't pay off to sign a RB to a second contract, unless it's for cheap as depth. Which is why Fournette has been a FA in back to back seasons and signed for peanuts last season. If the Seahawks can sign Fournette on the cheap, then fine otherwise look to the draft. Same for Carson.
I hope the Seahawks can land their next workhorse in this draft, but given the meager draft capitol may have to wait another season.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally it doesn't pay off to sign a RB to a second contract, unless it's for cheap as depth. Which is why Fournette has been a FA in back to back seasons and signed for peanuts last season. If the Seahawks can sign Fournette on the cheap, then fine otherwise look to the draft. Same for Carson.
I hope the Seahawks can land their next workhorse in this draft, but given the meager draft capitol may have to wait another season.

Carson is or will be 27, now what running back only played 4 seasons before he was dumped or leaves. And any team he signs with is getting a 27 year old RB why not Seattle? There won't be some dramatic difference in $$$$$;

I put a lot into that averge per carry, that pretty much says it all. A 4.6 is great!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson is or will be 27, now what running back only played 4 seasons before he was dumped or leaves. And any team he signs with is getting a 27 year old RB why not Seattle? There won't be some dramatic difference in $$$$$;

I put a lot into that averge per carry, that pretty much says it all. A 4.6 is great!
Players generally looking for a big payday after their rookie contract runs out and RBs usually start breaking down shortly after signing their second contract and in Carson case has already shown signs of breaking down. If cheap, as in depth cost cheap then fine, otherwise pass. You really enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players generally looking for a big payday after their rookie contract runs out and RBs usually start breaking down shortly after signing their second contract and in Carson case has already shown signs of breaking down. If cheap, as in depth cost cheap then fine, otherwise pass. You really enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.

So the hell wth my opinion based on 50 years of following this stuff and just agree with you when I could ramble off a list a mile long of RB's who don't fit what you are saying at all.

Ok Harold whatever you say , ok?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the hell wth my opinion based on 50 years of following this stuff and just agree with you when I could ramble off a list a mile long of RB's who don't fit what you are saying at all.

Ok Harold whatever you say , ok?
Buzz off.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz off.

So it's either agree with you or,.....buzz off? How about Frank Gore, Adrian Peterson how do they fit into what you were selling?

You aren't allowing others to have an opinon, not good!

Frank Gore started breaking down,....

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All true. The problem is that it appears it is Carson that wishes to move on, not necessarily the Seahawks. It doesn't matter how good he is if he is a free agent who wants to play somewhere other than Seattle.

Read my previous posts on this for details.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like people take "exceptions to the rule" to defend their point. Shows me they are trying at least.

Carson was not worth the contract he got because all though good he wasn't light years better than Davis when Davis was the back up or Penny or Hyde. All these RB played when he rested or was hurt and played as well as Carson for the most part. We all loved Carson and even the ones saying no ( to expensive )would have loved to have kept him but not at that price not for someone that can't stay on the field and not for someone that is only slightly if at all better than your back-ups that are MUCH cheaper.

Loved Carson and I will miss him and his running style. I wish him all the luck and a full 16 game season next year. If someone deserves a break it is Carson, go out there and be a top RB for this next season! you deserve it.