• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chiefs V Browns 1/17/2021

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont have Jaguar money but should be one of a few teams who could bring in an elite FA and not need to dump their own guy or guys to do it.
Think they bring back OBJ or try to trade him?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pretty confident Higgins will be back, he has a good connection with Baker. They just more speed, like their 4th and 5th WR’s. Of course they were missing OBJ but as far as that goes, Baker either just needs to learn how to play with him or I would like to see a trade for a defensive piece. There has to be some team in the market for him even after the injury or a couple mid round picks

Ted Ginn will be available lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need at least 1 WR that can take the top off. Too easy to pin the Browns in a box with a bunch of 4.6 dudes.

Even so, the Browns offense is still good enough to function without a deep threat.

Browns need defense way more than offense imo.
Clayton beat me to it. Seems like he’s more of a luxury right now. But he does add another dynamic level to that offense. Strange though that when he’s healthy they were a worse team. I’m sure they’ll chalk it up to growing pains and give it another shot.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat:

With all those dominant Patriots teams, these Chiefs are the only AFC team in history to host 3 straight AFC title games.
and did you see who the only other team before that to host 3 straight NFC title games? Philly with Andy Reid as coach. What a coach!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats weird was that this playoff game was really similar to almost every Chiefs game this year if you remove the parts where Mahomes got hurt and the Chiefs got the fumble out of the endzone. If the Chiefs and Browns scored about 7 more points apiece then it would've felt pretty consistent with how the Chiefs have played all season. Browns offense might have actually been the most balanced in the AFC with the run and pass both being equal threats. Chiefs have so many injuries impacting their run game that its just adequate and the Bills YOLO pass game is working out for them. Chubb had a couple of key drops early and had that been Hunt instead we might have seen a different result. Maybe the Browns need to make some reviews in a better fashion. Browns probably left about 14 points on the board in total while the Chiefs probably left even more but many of them were just typical Chiefs mistakes. Missing an extra point and a gimme field goal. Henne's deep pass showing off why most people can't play QB in the NFL without looking silly.

We got an interesting, sloppy football game instead of what could've been one of the games of the year had both teams gotten some better breaks. Browns look like they'll be in the playoff mix for awhile. Its hard to keep a good offensive line and run game going, though. If the Browns get a couple more pieces on defense then they'll probably be like the Niners next year assuming that the Niners come back healthy. Not a bad place to be considering that the Niners are a Super Bowl contender if healthy.

Chiefs need Mahomes to get healthy. CEH to get healthy specifically for the Bills matchup where CEH had his best game of the season. Its hard to limp along a veteran, banged up team too far into the playoffs. I've seen quite a few STL Cardinals teams punch above their weight without all of their guys healthy but at some point you play a team thats destined to win and if you don't have your best guys to match up then it doesn't matter. Henne is a guy that can give the Chiefs a good quarter. If he is the starter for the Bills then the Bills will win by 20.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and did you see who the only other team before that to host 3 straight NFC title games? Philly with Andy Reid as coach. What a coach!!
Can you believe that? Only 1 coach has done this in the history of the NFL and he's done it twice now. 7 Conference Title games for Andy Reid, 2 Super Bowl appearances (maybe 3), 1 Super Bowl title (maybe 2), only missed the playoffs 6 times as a head coach (coached 22 seasons), 11 Division Titles and out of the 16 playoff appearances, only 5 1-and-done exits in the playoffs. Definitely top 5 in terms of active head coaches, maybe top 3??

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you believe that? Only 1 coach has done this in the history of the NFL and he's done it twice now. 7 Conference Title games for Andy Reid, 2 Super Bowl appearances (maybe 3), 1 Super Bowl title (maybe 2), only missed the playoffs 6 times as a head coach (coached 22 seasons), 11 Division Titles and out of the 16 playoff appearances, only 5 1-and-done exits in the playoffs. Definitely top 5 in terms of active head coaches, maybe top 3??
1 of the all-time greats.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats weird was that this playoff game was really similar to almost every Chiefs game this year if you remove the parts where Mahomes got hurt and the Chiefs got the fumble out of the endzone. If the Chiefs and Browns scored about 7 more points apiece then it would've felt pretty consistent with how the Chiefs have played all season. Browns offense might have actually been the most balanced in the AFC with the run and pass both being equal threats. Chiefs have so many injuries impacting their run game that its just adequate and the Bills YOLO pass game is working out for them. Chubb had a couple of key drops early and had that been Hunt instead we might have seen a different result. Maybe the Browns need to make some reviews in a better fashion. Browns probably left about 14 points on the board in total while the Chiefs probably left even more but many of them were just typical Chiefs mistakes. Missing an extra point and a gimme field goal. Henne's deep pass showing off why most people can't play QB in the NFL without looking silly.

We got an interesting, sloppy football game instead of what could've been one of the games of the year had both teams gotten some better breaks. Browns look like they'll be in the playoff mix for awhile. Its hard to keep a good offensive line and run game going, though. If the Browns get a couple more pieces on defense then they'll probably be like the Niners next year assuming that the Niners come back healthy. Not a bad place to be considering that the Niners are a Super Bowl contender if healthy.

Chiefs need Mahomes to get healthy. CEH to get healthy specifically for the Bills matchup where CEH had his best game of the season. Its hard to limp along a veteran, banged up team too far into the playoffs. I've seen quite a few STL Cardinals teams punch above their weight without all of their guys healthy but at some point you play a team thats destined to win and if you don't have your best guys to match up then it doesn't matter. Henne is a guy that can give the Chiefs a good quarter. If he is the starter for the Bills then the Bills will win by 20.
Browns did score 7 more points. They were robbed.
I have not read any of the other pages on this post so if I missed some discussion forgive me.
That failure by the replay officials was inexcusable.....

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns did score 7 more points. They were robbed.
I have not read any of the other pages on this post so if I missed some discussion forgive me.
That failure by the replay officials was inexcusable.....
I personally didn't see the ball ever break the goalline but I don't think I've seen all of the angles. I thought I did though but could be wrong.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally didn't see the ball ever break the goalline but I don't think I've seen all of the angles. I thought I did though but could be wrong.
Every angle I've seen was it was (inches) short. Yes by the letter of the rulebook the hit was helmet to helmet but the odds of that being called are probably like 1/100 in that specific situation.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every angle I've seen was it was (inches) short. Yes by the letter of the rulebook the hit was helmet to helmet but the odds of that being called are probably like 1/100 in that specific situation.

Should have been called, though. Add in the touchback rule being extreme, and that's a whole lot of frustration. Especially when you're pulling for The Browns to win (points to self).

A Browns / Bills AFC Championship would have been pretty cool.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that a call that can be made under review? The helmet to helmet hit. I agree that call is rarely made in real time but when they reviewed it for the turnover, it was blatantly obvious

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a call that can be made under review? The helmet to helmet hit. I agree that call is rarely made in real time but when they reviewed it for the turnover, it was blatantly obvious
That's a good question. Some penalties seem more reviewable than others like PI (tipping balls) for some weird reason.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that the Browns got hosed. I just know that there was a point in time in the game where the Browns could've won and had the Chiefs on the ropes and they couldn't quite get it done.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that the Browns got hosed. I just know that there was a point in time in the game where the Browns could've won and had the Chiefs on the ropes and they couldn't quite get it done.

It sucked for sure but it's not like it was made with 5 seconds left in the game. Who knows how the Chiefs would have played it down by two instead of up by 5.

Edit: actually would have been down by 1 or 3 as the Browns would have assuredly went for 2