• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chiefs @ Seahawks 5:30ish NBC

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been few times that i have been brought to the brink of crying, i'm a emotional man I'm not afraid to say it.

Last night was one of those nights.
It was fantastic. Thoroughly. Also very gratifying after the doubting of the team by the outsiders during the off-season and pre-season, and especially after week 2 when they were all convinced we were in for a terrible year & our window had closed. When you have a top quality coach, top quality GM, and a top quality QB, your window is always open.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a win, what a season, and what a future this team has! The Hawks head into next season with the playoffs and I believe top 5 in cap space. Go Hawks!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a win, what a season, and what a future this team has! The Hawks head into next season with the playoffs and I believe top 5 in cap space. Go Hawks!

... and the Rams will be going in the opposite directions w/ huge decisions to make w/ FA's and their high payroll...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and the Rams will be going in the opposite directions w/ huge decisions to make w/ FA's and their high payroll...
And now Gurley is banged up (maybe just being cautious, we'll see), and Goff has not been playing well for a few weeks. I think they are vulnerable, and it's not like they have some killer HFA.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been few times that i have been brought to the brink of crying, i'm a emotional man I'm not afraid to say it.

Last night was one of those nights.

One of the best NFL games of the season...

Frank Clark/Jaren Reed - These two played out of their minds... Seems like Mahomes didnt' have a lot of time in the pocket due to these two pushing the pocket back and collapsing it... Jordon had a very strong game too...

KJ Wright made an immediate impact deflecting a pass to Kelce right out of the gates... .

King blanketing Kelce all game long... He was a very pleasant surprise...

Carson getting over 1k yards for the season last night w/ one of his best games so far running the football...

Baldwin/Lockett duo could be one of the top 5 duo's in the league... They compliment one another very well... Great catches by the both of them in a huge game...

OL opening holes left and right... Seems like our RB's weren't touched until 3 or 4 yards after they received the handoff...

RW throwing "Dilfer Dimes" down field proved again last night why he's one of the best downfield passers in the NFL... His decision making last night was off the charts... I thought it was one of his best games of the season... Outplaying the potential MVP...

Pete Carroll is now 16-2 in primetime games... I would hope he's considered coach of the year because this has been his best year coaching the Seahawks imo...

All in all, I was so pumped after that win..

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Gurley is banged up (maybe just being cautious, we'll see), and Goff has not been playing well for a few weeks. I think they are vulnerable, and it's not like they have some killer HFA.

I would like to play the Rams in the first round of the WC for a few reasons... Tough to beat a team for a 3rd time in a season... Secondly, the inexperience from Goff in the postseason... I personally feel like he's going to melt in the postseason...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to play the Rams in the first round of the WC for a few reasons... Tough to beat a team for a 3rd time in a season... Secondly, the inexperience from Goff in the postseason... I personally feel like he's going to melt in the postseason...
The Rams would have to lose at home next week vs SF for that to be a possibility. Wouldn't be the biggest upset of all time or anything, but it would certainly be a surprise. Chicago also would have to win vs Minn, who is playing for their season.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many posts on this thread criticizing our defense for plays they didn’t make while we should be celebrating all the plays that they did make.

Kansas City has scored 71% of the time on their opening drive. Last night they went 3 and out on their opening drive thanks to a great play by KJ on second down to go with an awesome play by Griffin on third down, a tone setter for the game.

There were the two great plays by Dion Jorden, a sack and a forced fumble.

There was the play were Griffin got his hand in the ball preventing a TD

There was the third and one play were Frankie got hold of the running back from behind preventing him from gaining anything

There was the great play by Coleman punching out the ball late in the first half causing a turnover

Frankie was been Frankie all night long

The long chase by Jefferson on Mahone which caused an incomplete pass in our end zone.

So many more awesome plays from the defense to celebrate last night.

Our defense made as many great plays if not more then the Chiefs offense.

Let’s not forget, how good the Chiefs offense is. Last night was the twentieth straight game that the Chiefs have scored more then 25 points. Nobody has shut them down, absolutely no one. The Chiefs also had a lot to play for last night like a division title and HFA

There was lots of good stuff from our defense last night

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams would have to lose at home next week vs SF for that to be a possibility. Wouldn't be the biggest upset of all time or anything, but it would certainly be a surprise. Chicago also would have to win vs Minn, who is playing for their season.

Yes... That is correct... With the way the 49er's have played the past few games, it's possible... Especially if they can give Goff that confused, deer-in-the-headlights look...

but if it's between the Bears and Cowboys, i'm ok w/ either of them because both teams look a bit vulnerable... Plus, I like the idea of playing teams that have young QB's w/ no postseason experience...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... That is correct... With the way the 49er's have played the past few games, it's possible... Especially if they can give Goff that confused, deer-in-the-headlights look...

Maybe if it was @ 49ers, but I just don't see an upset when LAR still have a lot to play for. You never know, however.

but if it's between the Bears and Cowboys, i'm ok w/ either of them because both teams look a bit vulnerable... Plus, I like the idea of playing teams that have young QB's w/ no postseason experience...

It's just an opinion thing, but I think we have a way better chance to win in Dallas than in Chicago against that defense in that cold.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read there is no chance that we play the Rams in the first round, and the only possibilities remaining are to face either Dallas or Chicago. As of now it's around 88% that we play Dallas probably because we play the worst team in football at home next week. If we manage to put up a dud and lose to the Cards there's still a chance that we would head to Chicago but highly unlikely. Give me Dallas followed up by the Rams and we may be on to something, and oh yeah.......we ALL need to be Vikings fans throughout the playoffs so we end up at home for the NFC Championship game. Getting ahead of myself you ask? Maybe a little, but might as well hope for the best possible scenarios.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it's impossible for the Hawks and Rams to meet up in the WC round. For the Rams to drop to #3 it would cause things to happen that would also keep Seattle locked in at the #5 spot. #3 plays #6.

Rams and Seahawks would have to lose and the bears would have to beat the Vikes making it impossible for Seattle to drop to the #6 spot because they hold the Head to Head over the Vikes and the tie breaker over the Eagles.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i should add that for Seattle to drop to the 6th seed they would need to lose and the Vikes would need to win. This would Lock the Bears in as the #3 seed with the lose to the Vikes even if the Rams lose.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read there is no chance that we play the Rams in the first round, and the only possibilities remaining are to face either Dallas or Chicago. As of now it's around 88% that we play Dallas probably because we play the worst team in football at home next week. If we manage to put up a dud and lose to the Cards there's still a chance that we would head to Chicago but highly unlikely. Give me Dallas followed up by the Rams and we may be on to something, and oh yeah.......we ALL need to be Vikings fans throughout the playoffs so we end up at home for the NFC Championship game. Getting ahead of myself you ask? Maybe a little, but might as well hope for the best possible scenarios.

Correct, we cannot play the Rams in the WC round because the only way they drop to the #3 is if they lose AND Chicago wins. And if Chicago wins, that means they beat the Vikings, which locks us into the 5 seed even if we step on it vs Arizona. We are sitting so good with tie-breakers for seeding that nothing else affects us other than what we do and what Minn does (if we lose).