• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs post game

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is 28-25 .... you want to trade 3 or 4 picks and 1 or 2 players for him? Maybe the WTF can get Trent Dilfer out of retirement. He won a SB.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe we are still talking about this ^ anymore. We all know the FULL story and we all know how things unfolded. Guy got a sh*t ton of money for very few wins here (Captain played his cards just right) and parlayed that into another guaranteed contract ($84m) with little to show for it which parlayed into another guaranteed contract of which its looking like Zimmer may lose his job as they cannot sustain success in Minny. Just because we cannot find a suitable replacement since KC, doesn't mean he was anymore than avg while here (like the team) and while he has had an uptick of success in Minny, he also has more talent around him which correct me if I'm wrong, that has resulted in how many playoff wins? None? I will say this, he certainly did not put together a season like Mark Rypien had which resulted in MVP and Superbowl winner. When I think back on QB's who had success while in DC in any kind of order the fall out would go something like this:
1. Sammy Baugh (3-3 in playoffs)
2. Sonny Jurgenson (none)
3. Joe Theismann (6-2 in playoffs)
4. Mark Rypien (5-2 in playoffs)
5. Doug Williams (3-0 in playoffs)
6. RGIII (0-1 in playoffs)
7. Kirk Cousin (0-1 in playoffs)
8. Mark Brunell (1-1 in playoffs)
9. Brad Johnson (1-1 in playoffs)
10. Billy Kilmer (2-5 in playoffs)

Not that this list is full of greats because its not, but full of very good to avg ones, the best are certainly top 5 on this list while the rest were avg to below avg while guiding the team at QB.
Tom Brady.jpg

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is 28-25 .... you want to trade 3 or 4 picks and 1 or 2 players for him? Maybe the WTF can get Trent Dilfer out of retirement. He won a SB.
Exactly. If Watson is not good enough to raise a poor Texans team to the upper echelon, why would anyone think he could raise a poor WTF team up to that level. As good as Watson is, he isn’t that good. It would be foolish to even entertain giving up the crown jewels for a guy that might very well be headed to the big house for a stint. Especially a guy that has shown he can’t carry a team on his back.

watson, at this time, is not the answer to our problems, but would be a continuation of poor decisions that prove to be very costly and ultimately keep this franchise at the bottom.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt he comes to the team that played a hand in Gruden getting fired, but I'd love it. If you listened to Sheehan this morning it was revealed that Snyder leaked the emails to bury Allen.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time imagining Carr would want to come here but he would be an upgrade on what the team has currently. I would be okay with that. He will be 31 before the start of next season, He could be here at least 6 or 7 years or the duration of about 2-3 head coaches.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really depends on what they want certainly wouldn't trade a 1st for him

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll ask the same question of Carr that I posed on Watson. What has Carr ever done to make you believe he can lead our piss poor team to the next level? the only difference with Carr is he will be a FA. We don’t have to give up draft capital to acquire him. That at least helps to put talent around him.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll ask the same question of Carr that I posed on Watson. What has Carr ever done to make you believe he can lead our piss poor team to the next level? the only difference with Carr is he will be a FA. We don’t have to give up draft capital to acquire him. That at least helps to put talent around him.
That is a very fair question j_y, his stats are very close to Cousins and Watson although his record is worse. He is clearly better than anyone that is on the team and while I think he would add a 1-3s win or two this team is still short at defense and kicker. Until those positions are improved this team at best would be around a .500 team.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a very fair question j_y, his stats are very close to Cousins and Watson although his record is worse. He is clearly better than anyone that is on the team and while I think he would add a 1-3s win or two this team is still short at defense and kicker. Until those positions are improved this team at best would be around a .500 team.
I ask these questions not because these 2 QBs are not talented, but because they can’t, by themselves, solve the dilemma of bad football here for decades. So if they cost you anything more than cap space, then they are not a smart investment for this team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way you have a chance at getting a qb that can “carry “ the team is through the draft. Those are very rare and the next one might be Arch Manning .

So then you have to look at 2nd tier guys and build a team around them

The issue is this fan base is so highly critical of any. Flaw a guy has . They hero worship the guy , call him the savior and then when flaws come out he is a dick .

What we are looking at is Carr , baker mayfield and such . Who is happy with that ?

Right now I like willis , strong and picket for college and still looking at Ridder from college

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Turner. He is not the issue. Spent big on Fitz and Samuel.....not here.

Counted on Logan.....not here.

Drafted Cosmi.....not here.

18m for Scherff.....not here.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Turner. He is not the issue. Spent big on Fitz and Samuel.....not here.

Counted on Logan.....not here.

Drafted Cosmi.....not here.

18m for Scherff.....not here.
I mentioned earlier we have lots more problems than our stinkin kicker.