• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2012 Wilson has average between 6-7 games a season where his Rating was below 100. This year he has 5 in 11 and 1/2 games. The real kicker is after the injury he has not passed 65% completion but for one game. In 7 games back after injury minus the San Fran game he has had completion percentages of 50% GB, 53.9% ARI, 64.5% WSH, 60.7% HOU, 54.8% LA, 59.3% CHI. I don't know about you guys but a sub 65% passer Wilson is not and the drop off from a average of 70% before the Injury shows and points right where the problem is. Wilson is playing hurt, he is struggling like never before and I don't care how great of a QB you are sooner or later you will have a down year. We have seen this from the best of the best in the NFL forever it just happens. Wilson's was caused by injury just like many other great QB's who had down years.

Is Wilson the problem to our down season? very much so he is a big chunk of it but are you guys going to burn him at the stake like he is some washed up has been? Rogers has had a couple bad years, Brady has had almost half a dozen and we turn on Wilson after his first one? I give Wilson a pass but maybe that's because I knew with out a doubt he was rushing his return and I expected just this exact outcome. He came back to early and it has slowed his recovery and has hurt the team. I predicted this when he got hurt and i see it as the MAIN problem. The finger was BROKEN and had a ruptured tendon, he should have been out 8 weeks minimum. But he came back and his finger will not ever fully heal 100% this season because of it.

Wilson is worth a ton of draft capital, 3 first at the very least if a Strong safety is worth 2 first a 3rd and a starting Safety. Thing is if we bail on Wilson we are in full rebuild no if ands or buts right? This team has talent on the roster it's just not deep and we are very thin at some very Key positions. We don't have a #3 WR AT ALL, Our TE are average at best, Brown ( sorry Brown you have been great for us ) has been bad this year. RB has been depleted and we have had guys like Collins, Dallas and Homer as the main back many times this season, that's a joke for starting RB quality. We have had mediocre results from our DT and DE's, our CB have been bad, so much so that many of you wanted to crown Tre Brown as our best CB after a couple games when he was "average" at best which I guess would be great on THIS team lol.

You want picks then Trade Jamal Adams and Bobby Wagner for ammo in the 2022 draft and by the time we hit the 2023 draft we will be in a good place as far as having our #1's back. Jones has looked like a promising young talent and so does Brown at CB, Brooks is a tackling machine that just needs to be coached up in coverage but he has the talent to be one of the better LB in the league. This team needs RB, Oline, Dline help in the worst way and this would go a long ways to fixing whats broke with a 100% healthy Wilson. Seattle will have the 5th most Cap room this offseason, everyone has to resign players so i dont want to hear yeah but we got to resign blah blah. Thats EVERY YEAR this is nothing new. Seattle has the 5th most open cap space and if they traded Wags and Adams they would be close to #1. Go out and get some starter quality players in need position. Not PRO BOWLERS but the next tier down.

I doubt anyone will read this wall of text lmao
I have no worries about Wilson ability to throw the ball despite this season. His deep ball throws are simply amazing at times. I do question his mobility, I do question his footwork while in the pocket, I question him going through progressions. As for the coaches calling for the deep ball, well every play has options for the QB and they include the other receivers that aren't going long, which should include TEs and RBs. Nobody is going to convince me that Pete wants RW to throw into double coverage even if the call is for the long ball as option #1, but that what RW does.
As for what happens if RW is traded, well that SHOULD BE the beginning of a full rebuild and the whole team should get striped down for picks or cap space as much as practical. However Pete says no rebuild is going to happen, if so I do not want RW traded then, but I also think RW wants to be traded so tough spot. IMO a full rebuild should happen because over all the talent isn't there for the Seahawks and some of the key players are grey beards now and not enough up and coming young talent because the Seahawks have been selling off top draft picks to attempt to stay viable. Poor draft capitol to improve and not enough cap space.
As for the Seahawks having the 5th most cap space that's only because 58% of the roster are free agents, it's actually not enough cap space. Trading Adams would result in having 19 million LESS in cap space and Wagner would be a rent a player as 2022 is the final year on his contract and he'll be 32 in June so his trade value will reflect those things.
Truthfully the Seahawks ( and us fans) should recognize that time has come for a rebuild. MAYBE with RW they can squeeze one more playoff season off some how ( the odds are against it though) but it would be as a fringe team and one and done. In the meantime RW will be another year older, Wagner will be a free agent, so why not just embrace a rebuild this season?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has never had issues with his progression before, it raised it's head last year in a piss poor offense from our joke of a OC and this year in a completely new passing offense. Seattle refuses to attack the middle of the field and that is actually by design of Pete's risk adverse offense you KNOW this Harold. Teams play Seattle in what is called a umbrella coverage and until we start attacking that middle 5 yard range they will continue to do so. As for Wilson going into double coverage he has done this before, and in his words is some times "I just have to give them a chance because they come through more often than not". Unfortunately for us it's been on 3rd downs which has killed drives. Wilson is skittish, injured and rushed, he is having the worst season of his career and he knows it but if anyone can turn it around he can. His lack of mobility is the lack of attempts. He isn't running, they are not calling running plays for him ( which is smart because he is hurt ) and they don't ever use him on RPO's which is completely stupid. Then you add in that his limited rushes have been on scrambles out of the pocket 99% of the time.

Waldron's offense is not "inventive" and has proven to be "basic" with very little pre snap motion or option routes. We were better off with Bevell and should have never bailed on a OC that always seemed to have you in the top half and even top 10 in offensive production every year. Hind sight is 2020 I know I know nothing new. Wilson is not as fast as he has been or was but he was never going to out run people, he is faster than Rogers lol. His foot work has always been unconventional just like most of the other "mobile" QB's out there. Rogers footwork and Bradys are on a different level, Wilson will never been on that level but who else is? Think about it who else is? No one, not Mahomes, not Allen ...no one.
I have no worries about Wilson ability to throw the ball despite this season. His deep ball throws are simply amazing at times. I do question his mobility, I do question his footwork while in the pocket, I question him going through progressions. As for the coaches calling for the deep ball, well every play has options for the QB and they include the other receivers that aren't going long, which should include TEs and RBs. Nobody is going to convince me that Pete wants RW to throw into double coverage even if the call is for the long ball as option #1, but that what RW does.
As for what happens if RW is traded, well that SHOULD BE the beginning of a full rebuild and the whole team should get striped down for picks or cap space as much as practical. However Pete says no rebuild is going to happen, if so I do not want RW traded then, but I also think RW wants to be traded so tough spot. IMO a full rebuild should happen because over all the talent isn't there for the Seahawks and some of the key players are grey beards now and not enough up and coming young talent because the Seahawks have been selling off top draft picks to attempt to stay viable. Poor draft capitol to improve and not enough cap space.
As for the Seahawks having the 5th most cap space that's only because 58% of the roster are free agents, it's actually not enough cap space. Trading Adams would result in having 19 million LESS in cap space and Wagner would be a rent a player as 2022 is the final year on his contract and he'll be 32 in June so his trade value will reflect those things.
Truthfully the Seahawks ( and us fans) should recognize that time has come for a rebuild. MAYBE with RW they can squeeze one more playoff season off some how ( the odds are against it though) but it would be as a fringe team and one and done. In the meantime RW will be another year older, Wagner will be a free agent, so why not just embrace a rebuild this season?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we don’t have any, say so all we can do is wait and see what happens. Pete has come out and said no rebuild. RW countered with he wasn’t sure he’d be in Seattle. Makes for a interesting situation and we are just spectators. My biggest concern is Pete will think he can keep the team competitive by trading RW.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we don’t have any, say so all we can do is wait and see what happens. Pete has come out and said no rebuild. RW countered with he wasn’t sure he’d be in Seattle. Makes for a interesting situation and we are just spectators. My biggest concern is Pete will think he can keep the team competitive by trading RW.

Why? Pete loves Wilson and always praises him. He knows Wilson came back to soon but he also knows that's because he has the heart of a lion. That's on Pete. One thing Pete has been to a fault is he is way to Loyal, yes Wilson could return a lot of picks but unless you also get a up and coming QB in the trade along with the picks then it really is not worth it. So I guess the real question here is with the draft capital they could get for Wilson would it make the team Better 2 or 3 years from now? I don't think so because you don't have a QB and I don't see a stud this year or next in the draft at the position. Do you trade Wilson and then try and draft say Malik Willis (6'0")? Kenny Pickett(6'3")? both these guys make me a little sick thinking about them running the offense. Not to mention a lot of the "better" QB's in college are 6 foot or shorter and we know what that leads to. No short passes to the middle of the field right? Do they go with Geno Smith for the next 3-4 years? ( Barf ). The smart option would be to trade Bobby and Adams, yes I know we wont get shit for Adams but I think we could get a 3rd and maybe a 5th and Bobby is worth at least two 2nds or a 2nd and 4th this year and a 4th or 5th the following year. That's 4 to 5 picks that could net you perfect pieces for Depth with a chance for a hit or two.

I would puke to see Bobby Wagner traded but it's the best way, restructure his contract with a 2 year extension and get all you can for one of the best linebackers in the NFL for the past 10 years. He has another 4 years in him at probowl or just below level and could continue being a all pro level you never know, but even at or just below probowl level he will be a tackling machine and worth capital. He can help almost every team in the NFL right now that doesn't have a stud Middle LB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Pete loves Wilson and always praises him. He knows Wilson came back to soon but he also knows that's because he has the heart of a lion. That's on Pete. One thing Pete has been to a fault is he is way to Loyal, yes Wilson could return a lot of picks but unless you also get a up and coming QB in the trade along with the picks then it really is not worth it. So I guess the real question here is with the draft capital they could get for Wilson would it make the team Better 2 or 3 years from now? I don't think so because you don't have a QB and I don't see a stud this year or next in the draft at the position. Do you trade Wilson and then try and draft say Malik Willis (6'0")? Kenny Pickett(6'3")? both these guys make me a little sick thinking about them running the offense. Not to mention a lot of the "better" QB's in college are 6 foot or shorter and we know what that leads to. No short passes to the middle of the field right? Do they go with Geno Smith for the next 3-4 years? ( Barf ). The smart option would be to trade Bobby and Adams, yes I know we wont get shit for Adams but I think we could get a 3rd and maybe a 5th and Bobby is worth at least two 2nds or a 2nd and 4th this year and a 4th or 5th the following year. That's 4 to 5 picks that could net you perfect pieces for Depth with a chance for a hit or two.

I would puke to see Bobby Wagner traded but it's the best way, restructure his contract with a 2 year extension and get all you can for one of the best linebackers in the NFL for the past 10 years. He has another 4 years in him at probowl or just below level and could continue being a all pro level you never know, but even at or just below probowl level he will be a tackling machine and worth capital. He can help almost every team in the NFL right now that doesn't have a stud Middle LB.
Whatever they could get for Wagner won’t be enough to make the team competitive IMO. I also don't think trading RW would make the team competitive. IMO a full blown start from scratch rebuild is needed. Trade those that can be traded, collect draft picks, create cap space, lose games which will bring top draft position once again and start building the team with rookies and young players and eventually...when the opportunity is there and the right rookie QB is in a draft you acquire him. Could all end up in failure of course and will take at best 2-3 years, but think we are fooling ourselves to think the core players we have can make a run for the Super Bowl with just a change or two. It was that kind of thinking that lead to the Adams trade. All good things come to a end, but it can also be the beginning of another future Super Bowl run.
That being said it looks like Pete still believes this team can compete with some retooling. Guess we'll see what he has in mind. Honestly was disappointed to hear Pete state that , but hey I'll be glad to wrong and have the team play well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever they could get for Wagner won’t be enough to make the team competitive IMO. I also don't think trading RW would make the team competitive. IMO a full blown start from scratch rebuild is needed. Trade those that can be traded, collect draft picks, create cap space, lose games which will bring top draft position once again and start building the team with rookies and young players and eventually...when the opportunity is there and the right rookie QB is in a draft you acquire him. Could all end up in failure of course and will take at best 2-3 years, but think we are fooling ourselves to think the core players we have can make a run for the Super Bowl with just a change or two. It was that kind of thinking that lead to the Adams trade. All good things come to a end, but it can also be the beginning of another future Super Bowl run.
That being said it looks like Pete still believes this team can compete with some retooling. Guess we'll see what he has in mind. Honestly was disappointed to hear Pete state that , but hey I'll be glad to wrong and have the team play well.
We are competitive and I think with the defenses turn around after a slow start ( no preseason games for most of the damn starters )had Wilson not got injured we would be sitting just outside or in first place. 10-5 11-4 would be my guess because Wilson wouldn't have missed 3 games then came back still injured and playing some of the worst ball of his life. He didn't just go from Hot to "to old" in 3 weeks he got INJURED. Wilson can chew up any team with the best of them but not when he is around 80%. This team is down right now they are all upset and pretty much in the dumps, injuries have wrecked this team this season and I am not just talking about Wilson's. This team is SO thin at key position that we couldn't absorb ANY injuries, that's what lack of draft picks rob you of.

Was a brutal brutal season for us but too many of you guys are in this blow it all up mode. No, why? there is a lacking of talent on this team but there is still TALENT here so you build around that talent not go from 0. It would take you a year or two just to get yourself enough talent to match what you have now. You add to the talent. Stop being stupid and spending so much capital on "star" players like Adams Harvin and Graham and build up your foundation. This team is Broken fundamentally because the massive lack of adequate depth at almost every key or prominent position. Use FA to start building that up again, get creative with the cap and use assets like HoF linebacker who is still looked at as one of the Best damn Middle linebacker in the NFL and Adams who maybe some people still believe the Hype of him. get a handful of 2nd to 5th round picks the next two years and you are golden. If they can start hitting on those picks which i think they can if they stop trying to be cute and just go BPA.

The offense needs a slap in the face and start using the middle of the field. I thought it was Wilson refusing to throw those routes but they run everyone 10 or more yards down the field and when they work the LoS it's fucking WR screens and sprint draws to TE's lol. Our OC is a fucking Joke and totally was not ready to be a OC. Go out and sign Joshua Heupel to be your Assistant HC and OC. This man will make a offensive scheme that attacks defenses no matter what the defense is doing.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are competitive and I think with the defenses turn around after a slow start ( no preseason games for most of the damn starters )had Wilson not got injured we would be sitting just outside or in first place. 10-5 11-4 would be my guess because Wilson wouldn't have missed 3 games then came back still injured and playing some of the worst ball of his life. He didn't just go from Hot to "to old" in 3 weeks he got INJURED. Wilson can chew up any team with the best of them but not when he is around 80%. This team is down right now they are all upset and pretty much in the dumps, injuries have wrecked this team this season and I am not just talking about Wilson's. This team is SO thin at key position that we couldn't absorb ANY injuries, that's what lack of draft picks rob you of.

Was a brutal brutal season for us but too many of you guys are in this blow it all up mode. No, why? there is a lacking of talent on this team but there is still TALENT here so you build around that talent not go from 0. It would take you a year or two just to get yourself enough talent to match what you have now. You add to the talent. Stop being stupid and spending so much capital on "star" players like Adams Harvin and Graham and build up your foundation. This team is Broken fundamentally because the massive lack of adequate depth at almost every key or prominent position. Use FA to start building that up again, get creative with the cap and use assets like HoF linebacker who is still looked at as one of the Best damn Middle linebacker in the NFL and Adams who maybe some people still believe the Hype of him. get a handful of 2nd to 5th round picks the next two years and you are golden. If they can start hitting on those picks which i think they can if they stop trying to be cute and just go BPA.

The offense needs a slap in the face and start using the middle of the field. I thought it was Wilson refusing to throw those routes but they run everyone 10 or more yards down the field and when they work the LoS it's fucking WR screens and sprint draws to TE's lol. Our OC is a fucking Joke and totally was not ready to be a OC. Go out and sign Joshua Heupel to be your Assistant HC and OC. This man will make a offensive scheme that attacks defenses no matter what the defense is doing.
Well sounds like no rebuild is happening, so there is that and maybe they change OC again and Heupel would be a big boost ( on paper at least).
I've gotten discouraged with trading away draft picks and having to bargain shop for free agents to fill holes. I'm not even a little impressed with 56 million in cap space when you have to replace 30 players on the roster. You can not even sign that many and average 2 million per signing without making more cuts or trades or restructuring contracts, so expect a bunch ( most of them) of them to be league minimum contracts
I feel expectations of a big return from trading Adams ( which likely isn't being considered since they just signed him) and Wagner ( age and big salary) are not realistic and trading them just means 32 players need to be signed ( instead of 30) and cap wise if you trade both you have even less cap space.....yup trading both would have a negative effect on the cap.
So I sort of feel the Seahawks are at the end of the line for this roster and next season will be similar to this season. Will be glad if I'm wrong.
Then there is worry that RW wants to be traded. He has hinted at it in the past and this might be the year he demands it....or maybe next year. Who knows. It is unfortunate he is coming off a poor season as far as trade value goes and if he publicly demands a trade it will hard to get fair value for him.
Guess we'll just have to see what happens this off season and how next season goes.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle

This is all the media trying to get Wilson out of Seattle and into a more "prime time" type team/area ( New York, Chicago, New Orleans etc ) Wilson said "I heard what you guys asked Wagner" and was saying repeatedly he wants to stay but "HE" doesn't know what they are going to do. Thats not him asking to be traded, But it's close enough for the talking heads to rub their hands together and cackle like gremlins. To be hones Rogers is more fed up with Green Bay than Wilson is with Seattle but you wont hear them talk much about that because the talking heads want Rogers to stay in Green Bay.

This is all about them creating smoke so people think there is a fire and just like it did last year it got Pete and Wilson upset with the media and the media turn that around as them being upset with each other. It's a bunch of dirty pool and shows the amount of disrespect the Seahawks team, FO, Coaching staff and Hawks fans get across the Nation.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle

This is all the media trying to get Wilson out of Seattle and into a more "prime time" type team/area ( New York, Chicago, New Orleans etc ) Wilson said "I heard what you guys asked Wagner" and was saying repeatedly he wants to stay but "HE" doesn't know what they are going to do. Thats not him asking to be traded, But it's close enough for the talking heads to rub their hands together and cackle like gremlins. To be hones Rogers is more fed up with Green Bay than Wilson is with Seattle but you wont hear them talk much about that because the talking heads want Rogers to stay in Green Bay.

This is all about them creating smoke so people think there is a fire and just like it did last year it got Pete and Wilson upset with the media and the media turn that around as them being upset with each other. It's a bunch of dirty pool and shows the amount of disrespect the Seahawks team, FO, Coaching staff get across the Nation.

I do think that one of Pete and Russ will not be part of the team next season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually is what the media is pushing IMO. In particular Rob Staton of the Seahawk Draft Blog.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh something big is going to happen it might be Pete it might be Russ or it might just be Bobby, Brown, and Adams. Something big is going to happen that hurts a lot of people this coming offseason. Only because that is what the ill informed masses want, and the manipulation of the media.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Penny can finish +100 at the half...