• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charles Barkley says the Warriors won't win the title, 2015 was a fluke

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same story. Different year.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to the man. Charles is an expert on not winning titles.

indeed-that-is-a-good-point-thumb.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can give his opinion all he wants, but he is basing it off a long dead concept of what basketball is all about. The game has changed and passed Chuck by. What might have been true 30 years ago no longer applies today. Simply saying they can't win because they are a jump shooting team is weak analysis.

They might not win this year, but it won't be because they are a jump shooting team. If they lose it will be because somebody (somebodies) got hurt or they simply got outplayed.

They did not win last year, but given all the adversity they faced in the last two rounds and how close they came, they proved without a shadow of a doubt that 2015 was no fluke. Now they are likely to be even better.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck said every year of the Big 3 in Miami that they weren't going to win. The Warriors were within a kunt hair of winning the title this year - and you could make the argument that if Dryamond wasn't suspended for game 5 that it would probably be a different story.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it goes with the Warriors and their enigmatic star. The team indulges his more questionable behavior -- the late-night mischief, the berating of teammates, the feuding with coaches, the waterboarding of bikes -- because in doing so it has enabled him to become perhaps the best two-way player in the league. On the other hand, it might also have cost them a championship.

There is, to be sure, a "boys will be boys" ethos in the NBA that condones a high level of hedonism, as long as the player produces. Still, the chorus of murmurs around Green is growing -- not because his production is suffering but because his discretion is. As one Warriors official says, "There's an a--hole in every bar. The question is, why are you winding up in that situation?" And as one NBA team executive says of Green's behavior, and its potential to subvert a potential dynasty, "He's what will ultimately prevent them from having long-term success."

Golden State's Draymond Green problem

There is gonna be a HUUUUUUUGE spotlight and enormous amounts of pressure on this team all year.----- now with Walton gone and Kerr back- it sure seems like the chances of draymond going off the deepend like he did during the playoffs last season could happen again.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it goes with the Warriors and their enigmatic star. The team indulges his more questionable behavior -- the late-night mischief, the berating of teammates, the feuding with coaches, the waterboarding of bikes -- because in doing so it has enabled him to become perhaps the best two-way player in the league. On the other hand, it might also have cost them a championship.

There is, to be sure, a "boys will be boys" ethos in the NBA that condones a high level of hedonism, as long as the player produces. Still, the chorus of murmurs around Green is growing -- not because his production is suffering but because his discretion is. As one Warriors official says, "There's an a--hole in every bar. The question is, why are you winding up in that situation?" And as one NBA team executive says of Green's behavior, and its potential to subvert a potential dynasty, "He's what will ultimately prevent them from having long-term success."

There is gonna be a HUUUUUUUGE spotlight and enormous amounts of pressure on this team all year.----- now with Walton gone and Kerr back- it sure seems like the chances of draymond going off the deepend like he did during the playoffs last season could happen again.

so, i'm guessing you're hoping for team implosion...?:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, i'm guessing you're hoping for team implosion...?:lol:
of course- why wouldnt i be? the Warriors are the only team that I can see that stands a chance against the Cavs....i dont see anyone in the East- and with the Aldridge rumors and duncan retiring---- i think the Clips are the next biggest threat and i just couldnt see a scenario where a healthy Cavs team loses to the Clippers.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's got his chance to either put to rest the notion that he's a cancer, or that he's the scape goat on the team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get rid of Aldridge than they're done. Unless they get equal value back.
that is weird stuff.

I think it comes down to Aldridge does not want the responsibility of playing center and palying defense- and being tough- and playing disciplined ball.......

Id say trade him to boston but they just got horford who seems fairly duplicative at those contract numbers. where else would u trade aldridge? its a good quesiton- im sure plenty of teams would have interest.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course- why wouldnt i be? the Warriors are the only team that I can see that stands a chance against the Cavs....i dont see anyone in the East- and with the Aldridge rumors and duncan retiring---- i think the Clips are the next biggest threat and i just couldnt see a scenario where a healthy Cavs team loses to the Clippers.

well, YOU can hope for LeClown and the Cavs to have an easier time of it. lol good thing we ALL don't share that view...