• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charles Barkley says the Warriors won't win the title, 2015 was a fluke

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe @lebron23james is Charles Barkley. That would explain a lot.

Well, Pau could be viewed as an upgrade, but he is also among the worst centers in the league at defending in space and on pick and roll.

If you can't guard pick and roll, good luck getting past Golden State.
Barkley Is much smarter and he doesn't live in his mother's basement and he doesn't act like a 23 year old like this dude does

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be more useful for the team right now Todd?

Don't be a moron just because you can.

I wasn't aware people still gave a shit about his opinion. I've had that raging kunt rag on ignore for the last 2 weeks. It's great when I don't have to hear constant driveling on here talking about feelings like I'm watching some E channel bullshit.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware people still gave a shit about his opinion. I've had that raging kunt rag on ignore for the last 2 weeks. It's great when I don't have to hear constant driveling on here talking about feelings like I'm watching some E channel bullshit.

i DO still see that he tries to convince everyone that he lives a normal life though...like anyone on these boards truly gave a rat's ass...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i DO still see that he tries to convince everyone that he lives a normal life though...like anyone on these boards truly gave a rat's ass...

I feel for him, I really do. A couple of weeks ago he posted a link to his own bio on some sports site.

Looking at his face, you could tell he was hiding a traumatic event when he was a child. My guess - one day he was riding his bike as a kid and his vaginal lips got caught in the wheel thus creating the whining vagina that we now know as Todd.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Barkley's opinions is, they are turrible.

He didn't think the Ws would win in 2015 and they did. So now he doesn't think they will win in 2017, with an added superstar. So maybe they will, maybe they won't, but he has no idea.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley knows just enough about the NBA to lose millions betting on it, but not a lick more than that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley Is much smarter and he doesn't live in his mother's basement and he doesn't act like a 23 year old like this dude does
Obviously Barkley has been adament that he does not think jump-shooting teams like the Warriors can win consistently in the playoffs- obviously the last 2 years must have shown him something that if you are THAT good at it you can be successful.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Barkley's opinions is, they are turrible.

He didn't think the Ws would win in 2015 and they did. So now he doesn't think they will win in 2017, with an added superstar. So maybe they will, maybe they won't, but he has no idea.
that 2015 run was ridiculous though- every team you ran into had major injuries. I think the most impressive playoff series win- BY FAR- for the Warriors over the last 2 years was the one against OKC in this passed years WCF.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything he replies to is met with such aggressive negativity. He needs to have a coke and a smile and chill the fuck out

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything he replies to is met with such aggressive negativity. He needs to have a coke and a smile and chill the fuck out

It's probably because if he you disagree with him he starts having a tit fit and rating everyone's posts bullshit. Which is ironic considering he's convinced the NBA conspires to keep the Pacers out of the Finals in 2004.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Barkley has been adament that he does not think jump-shooting teams like the Warriors can win consistently in the playoffs- obviously the last 2 years must have shown him something that if you are THAT good at it you can be successful.
I've never liked the guy and I've never thought much of him as a player either. Always thought he was an ass and nothing better, but I have considered him less of an ass as a commentator - Fortunately I have been spared the ritual of having to listen to him thanks to Time Warner and the Lakers because I have never found his opinions to be special. His position as a sports analyst comes from his popularity as a basketball player

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL - They don't - but they do like to talk about him

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing is, the Cavs, aside from Lebron, were a "jumping shooting" team too. Just not every team can have a Lebron. The Cavs last year were second behind the Warriors in 3 pointers made and 3rd in attempts behind the Warriors and Rockets. Without checking I think I recall them being top 6 the previous year as well.

For some reason the Cavs elude the "jump shooting" team, because they have Lebron. But other than him, there's no real interior scoring threat. Kevin Love has it within his skill set, but isn't used there very often.

Basically what I'm saying is the two best 3 point shooting teams last year made the finals. I don't think that's a total fluke.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="CitySushi, post: 9100546, member: 1791"]The thing is, the Cavs, aside from Lebron, were a "jumping shooting" team too. Just not every team can have a Lebron. .[/QUOTE]
?????

ever hear of Kyrie Irving?

?????

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?????

ever hear of Kyrie Irving?

?????

It's amazing how you can turn a compliment on your team into a slight.

If you stop being such a tool, you would realize that what I was saying is that the 3 point shot is a huge part of Kyrie and Love's arsenal(as was JR, Dellavedova, Frye, Jefferson, Jones, etc), . The 3 point shot is a luxury for Lebron, who all would acknowledge his best skill set is his driving.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how you can turn a compliment on your team into a slight.

If you stop being such a tool, you would realize that what I was saying is that the 3 point shot is a huge part of Kyrie and Love's arsenal(as was JR, Dellavedova, Frye, Jefferson, Jones, etc), . The 3 point shot is a luxury for Lebron, who all would acknowledge his best skill set is his driving.
i mean- i dont know why you would assume i would take it as a slight. You didnt mention Kyrie Irving who is one of the best finishers at the basket and one of the best collapsers of defenses in the entire league. The fact that you missed that is egregious and- in my mind- shows that you really didnt think your post out before you posted it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- i dont know why you would assume i would take it as a slight. You didnt mention Kyrie Irving who is one of the best finishers at the basket and one of the best collapsers of defenses in the entire league. The fact that you missed that is egregious and- in my mind- shows that you really didnt think your post out before you posted it.

I didn't include Irving there because he's not a "big man" that Barkley loves. Make no mistake I believe Kyrie is one of the ELITE guards at getting to the rim and finishing. But he's on a different comparison level than Lebron because Lebron's game is predicated on getting to the basket. If you strip away that skill set from both Lebron and Kyrie, Kyrie is still a very good player because of his ability to shoot the ball.

This is in reference to Barkley's perception that "jump shooting" teams can't win. But I was pointing out that the two teams who utilized the 3 point shot the best, ended up in the finals. Yet he doesn't consider the Cavs a jump shooting team because of Lebron. I guarantee he's not thinking Kyrie is a post force.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were betting I would say Chicago has a better chance at getting past Cleveland (should they meet in ECF) than SA has getting past GS (should they meet in WCF).

If this is true....

Chicago has zero chance of beating the Cavs.

So, the Spurs shouldn't even show up...lol

Indiana and the Celtics maaaaaaaaaaybe push it to a 6th game.

But, the only Team beating the Cavs in the East is themselves.

Same for the Warriors.