• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charles Barkley says the Warriors won't win the title, 2015 was a fluke

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realise the Spurs got better, right? They basically replaced an aging, pretty much useless Duncan for Pau Gasol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is weird stuff.

I think it comes down to Aldridge does not want the responsibility of playing center and palying defense- and being tough- and playing disciplined ball.......

Id say trade him to boston but they just got horford who seems fairly duplicative at those contract numbers. where else would u trade aldridge? its a good quesiton- im sure plenty of teams would have interest.

Don't know quite honestly. But I doubt Pop wants to deal with him if he's not willing to play out of position. Bosh is being a complete bitch right now. But I give him respect for moving to the 5 for the betterment of the team during the Big 3 era.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realise the Spurs got better, right? They basically replaced an aging, pretty much useless Duncan for Pau Gasol.
Offensively they got better, but even though Gasol is a solid defender, they will miss Duncan on that end of the floor.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is weird stuff.

I think it comes down to Aldridge does not want the responsibility of playing center and palying defense- and being tough- and playing disciplined ball.......

Id say trade him to boston but they just got horford who seems fairly duplicative at those contract numbers. where else would u trade aldridge? its a good quesiton- im sure plenty of teams would have interest.

He flat out cancelled his meeting with the Knicks for uttering the word "Center".

He's been pretty clear about his refusal to evolve.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck said every year of the Big 3 in Miami that they weren't going to win. The Warriors were within a kunt hair of winning the title this year - and you could make the argument that if Dryamond wasn't suspended for game 5 that it would probably be a different story.

...And two of the four times they didn't win. 50% ain't bad.

The Draymond card is beaten to death. He got himself suspended. He cost his team the series, and he did it to himself.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors will go as far as Draymond Green takes them. It's as simple as that. Steph, KD and Klay are great, but Draymond is what drives the ship. He'll ultimately be the one who helps hoist a championship or who prevents us from getting one.

It's such a tough navigational process for the Warriors because it's tough to ask the guy to be one person on the court and one person off of it. Ethan Sherwood-Strauss just posted a fantastic article on him on BSPN. It gives insight to how important he is to the team's success, but also a detriment at the same time.

I think Draymond's personality is a mix between Dennis Rodman and Chris Paul. He's like Paul on the court in that he takes his leadership so seriously, sometimes causing rifts between him and his teammates. He's like Rodman off the court in that you acknowledge he has issues(nothing major, but controversial), but he's so damn talented that you can't win without him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the reason Draymond is so important to his team is because of how unique his skill-set is - not just in the league... but specifically on the Warriors Roster.

If you tried to make a Venn Diagram of the all the different basketball skills on the Warriors roster.... you'd see Curry and Klay and Durant all clumped closely together ... then you'd have Draymond almost completely alone.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep..go with the field

According to NBA.com, 69 percent of NBA GMs voted the Warriors as the most likely to hoist the Larry O'Brien Trophy at the end of the season. In comparison, only 31 percent picked the Cleveland Cavaliers. Apparently no one favored another team to pull off an upset.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the reason Draymond is so important to his team is because of how unique his skill-set is - not just in the league... but specifically on the Warriors Roster.

If you tried to make a Venn Diagram of the all the different basketball skills on the Warriors roster.... you'd see Curry and Klay and Durant all clumped closely together ... then you'd have Draymond almost completely alone.

Spot on assessment.

He is the primary playmaker for that Team and one of the top defenders.

He might not shoot as well as the other 3.

But, they can't replicate his skill set either.

Klay can defend. But, he can't create for others like Dray.

Curry can create. But, Lol @ his defensive abilities.

Durant.. * see Curry's defense.

Steph has gotten better. But, he is nowhere near Dray nor Klay's level.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it goes with the Warriors and their enigmatic star. The team indulges his more questionable behavior -- the late-night mischief, the berating of teammates, the feuding with coaches, the waterboarding of bikes -- because in doing so it has enabled him to become perhaps the best two-way player in the league. On the other hand, it might also have cost them a championship.

There is, to be sure, a "boys will be boys" ethos in the NBA that condones a high level of hedonism, as long as the player produces. Still, the chorus of murmurs around Green is growing -- not because his production is suffering but because his discretion is. As one Warriors official says, "There's an a--hole in every bar. The question is, why are you winding up in that situation?" And as one NBA team executive says of Green's behavior, and its potential to subvert a potential dynasty, "He's what will ultimately prevent them from having long-term success."

Golden State's Draymond Green problem

There is gonna be a HUUUUUUUGE spotlight and enormous amounts of pressure on this team all year.----- now with Walton gone and Kerr back- it sure seems like the chances of draymond going off the deepend like he did during the playoffs last season could happen again.

:yawning:

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the Over/Under Charles will get fired after we dont have a black president anymore? @SportsHoopla Bookie Can we get a betting pool started for this season?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe @lebron23james is Charles Barkley. That would explain a lot.

Well, Pau could be viewed as an upgrade, but he is also among the worst centers in the league at defending in space and on pick and roll.

If you can't guard pick and roll, good luck getting past Golden State.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Pau could be viewed as an upgrade, but he is also among the worst centers in the league at defending in space and on pick and roll.

Barkley loves certain players, but his love for them stems from the way they impact games. He likes players who defend, he loves bigs and he loves distributing point guards. He champions for players who would he feels would have been great in his era.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pau Gasol is a good fit for the Spurs though and will work good with Popovich and his system. The Spurs still have some older players but older teams have won championships - so with the right player or trade in the year and anything can happen. I would bet more money on Gasol winning a championship in San Antonio then Chicago every day of the week. Chicago is going no where

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS-
Pau is great on offense but has been a liability on defense since 2011 and beyond.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pau Gasol is a good fit for the Spurs though and will work good with Popovich and his system. The Spurs still have some older players but older teams have won championships - so with the right player or trade in the year and anything can happen. I would bet more money on Gasol winning a championship in San Antonio then Chicago every day of the week. Chicago is going no where
If I were betting I would say Chicago has a better chance at getting past Cleveland (should they meet in ECF) than SA has getting past GS (should they meet in WCF).

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were betting I would say Chicago has a better chance at getting past Cleveland (should they meet in ECF) than SA has getting past GS (should they meet in WCF).

We will see - but I think the Warriors will be good enough to dominate until the Lakers dethrone them in a few years. The Spurs really aren't that great any more, the Clippers just don't have enough players.