• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charles Barkley asks Dwight Howard, 'Why do you think people don't like you?'

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith had an intervention with Dwight Howard

"but if you get to know me, I'm laid back. I love to have fun."

What Howard doesn't understand is that people realize hes exactly that person. A goofball that likes to have fun. You are an athlete paid millions to go out there and give it your all. Fans use any expendable income they have to buy expensive tickets to see the best athletes compete. When you go out there and lollygag and laugh and never look like you're taking it seriously, you're disrespecting the fans. This is why Kobe didn't respect you, this is why nobody on the Rockets respects you, and why you haven't been a focal point of an offense since your Magic days, where 3pt shooting was more the focal point than Dwight anyway.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith had an intervention with Dwight Howard

"but if you get to know me, I'm laid back. I love to have fun."

What Howard doesn't understand is that people realize hes exactly that person. A goofball that likes to have fun. You are an athlete paid millions to go out there and give it your all. Fans use any expendable income they have to buy expensive tickets to see the best athletes compete. When you go out there and lollygag and laugh and never look like you're taking it seriously, you're disrespecting the fans. This is why Kobe didn't respect you, this is why nobody on the Rockets respects you, and why you haven't been a focal point of an offense since your Magic days, where 3pt shooting was more the focal point than Dwight anyway.

That about covers it. Dwight with his current attitude will never be the focal point on a title team.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep exactly. He is laid back, it shows on the court.

Absolute monster of an athlete that doesn't even come close to his full potential and now he is on the decline of his career and his diva attitude along with his laid back playing style has done nothing but hurt himself and the teams he has been apart of.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans think they know all about players personality but all they know are narratives that are rarely accurate.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans think they know all about players personality but all they know are narratives that are rarely accurate.
the media gets hold of a narrative- whether its true or false and just run it into the ground....its annoying.

As for Dwight- I think Dwight Howard is still one of the top 25 players in the league and could be a good 2 or a great great 3 on the right team...but he needs to look in the mirror and come to the realization he is not a 1 and be okay with that.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the media gets hold of a narrative- whether its true or false and just run it into the ground....its annoying.

As for Dwight- I think Dwight Howard is still one of the top 25 players in the league and could be a good 2 or a great great 3 on the right team...but he needs to look in the mirror and come to the realization he is not a 1 and be okay with that.

I think Dwight knows that, but the fans and pundits are not willing to accept that. Dwight still wants to get PAID like a #1, but who wouldn't???

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are spot on

He is a good player.

But, not a #1 and not worthy of a long-term max deal.

Short years, long money....sure.

Play lights out defense and third or fourth option on offense?

:thumb:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dwight knows that, but the fans and pundits are not willing to accept that. Dwight still wants to get PAID like a #1, but who wouldn't???

I think the best thing for his career would be to go to the Spurs.

I also think the worst thing for Pops blood pressure is if he goes to the Spurs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spot on

He is a good player.

But, not a #1 and not worthy of a long-term max deal.

Short years, long money....sure.

Play lights out defense and third or fourth option on offense?

:thumb:
hes eligible for somewhere like around 30 million a year unless I am mistaken.

Hes gonna get a lot of money no matter where he goes- I could see him in Atlanta or Boston----- or even...maybe hilariously Orlando....

honestly- if he went to Orlando he would be the star of the team, have a good young roster around him, no state income tax-- he would have to live in the cess-pool that is Orlando- but you can drivetothe coast easy enough i guess.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hes gonna get a lot of money no matter where he goes- I could see him in Atlanta or Boston----- or even...maybe hilariously Orlando....

honestly- if he went to Orlando he would be the star of the team, have a good young roster around him, no state income tax-- he would have to live in the cess-pool that is Orlando- but you can drivetothe coast easy enough i guess.

Every child wants to live at Disney World.

So, why not?

I'm sorry....

This is not like Lebron going back to the Cavs.

Howard was a turd.

If they ship out Vuvecic and bring that headache back, shame on them.

Is Howard really that much of a upgrade to Vuvecic that you are willing to pay him 2 1/2 times what you are paying your current Center?

Does it get them out of the 1st round?

Hell, does it even get them to the playoffs?

If they do bring dumbo back, it better be a package deal with Parsons.

Nobody on that roster can hit a open shot outside Fournier.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His track record kind of speaks for itself. As well as his short tenure with the Lakers and the fact that Popovich one time called him out during an all-star practice. Yes, we get our information from the media. But given his personality off the court as well as his track record of success when it comes to winning - not completely asinine to think he may be his own worse enemy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His track record kind of speaks for itself. As well as his short tenure with the Lakers and the fact that Popovich one time called him out during an all-star practice. Yes, we get our information from the media. But given his personality off the court as well as his track record of success when it comes to winning - not completely asinine to think he may be his own worse enemy.
hey... iw as goin through old posts and randomly i saw something about your car payment of all things, like 500 or something...was just curious what kind of car? you said it was german right?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orlando's not that bad of a town. Especially the Windermere and Dr. Phillips area, where he lived the last time he was playing for the Magic.

He's not winning with the Magic, and he's no longer the player that he used to be. If I'm the Magic, I stick with the center you've got now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey... iw as goin through old posts and randomly i saw something about your car payment of all things, like 500 or something...was just curious what kind of car? you said it was german right?

'12 BMW 328i coupe. Ironically, I had a 03 Nissan Altima while living in Orlando and paid about $110 per month for my fiancee and I. For the same insurance, I pay $93 per month for this car (I currently live in Seattle). Fucking Florida. Not one single asshole knows how to drive in that damn state.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'12 BMW 328i coupe. Ironically, I had a 03 Nissan Altima while living in Orlando and paid about $110 per month for my fiancee and I. For the same insurance, I pay $93 per month for this car (I currently live in Seattle). Fucking Florida. Not one single asshole knows how to drive in that damn state.
cool.....i had an '03 Altima myself until I recently got my Passat.

My Altima's engine went at 97k miles- thus under 100k so i got a rebuilt engine for free, and really got my moneys worth outta that car- the last couple years it was getting bad - but as i was a full time student for my first 2 years of law school- getting a new car was not exactly a great option....

my last "year" of law school has been over 2 years- but i have worked while going to school- and last December i FINALLY upgraded to my brand new Passat. The Altima's check engine light was on when i rolled into the dealership and the passenger side floor was an old plastic lid from a container after years upon years of salt ate the floor away Flintstones-Barney-Rubble-style...lol....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool.....i had an '03 Altima myself until I recently got my Passat.

My Altima's engine went at 97k miles- thus under 100k so i got a rebuilt engine for free, and really got my moneys worth outta that car- the last couple years it was getting bad - but as i was a full time student for my first 2 years of law school- getting a new car was not exactly a great option....

my last "year" of law school has been over 2 years- but i have worked while going to school- and last December i FINALLY upgraded to my brand new Passat. The Altima's check engine light was on when i rolled into the dealership and the passenger side floor was an old plastic lid from a container after years upon years of salt ate the floor away Flintstones-Barney-Rubble-style...lol....

Yeah, I got my 03 Altima when I got back from Iraq in June of 2006. Being a mechanic in the Marine Corps, I was actually able to do most of the small maintenance shit (fluid changes mainly) on my car regularly. Thing that sucks is, my car's undoing was me waiting on an O3 sensor that takes 5 minutes to install. This eventually knocked out my catalytic converter as well as something else that I never figured out. Long story short, my car made it to 198,000 miles. The one thing I hate about earlier Nissan models is that they never figured out the timing chain issue (mine rattled for years and made me nervous as shit). But, as long as you kept up to date on your oil changes, you didn't have to worry about the timing chain snapping on you (which would fubar your engine).

Newer Nissans are crap, they've gone cheap. Passat's are actually nice as that was the next car I was considering.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I got my 03 Altima when I got back from Iraq in June of 2006. Being a mechanic in the Marine Corps, I was actually able to do most of the small maintenance shit (fluid changes mainly) on my car regularly. Thing that sucks is, my car's undoing was me waiting on an O3 sensor that takes 5 minutes to install. This eventually knocked out my catalytic converter as well as something else that I never figured out. Long story short, my car made it to 198,000 miles. The one thing I hate about earlier Nissan models is that they never figured out the timing chain issue (mine rattled for years and made me nervous as shit). But, as long as you kept up to date on your oil changes, you didn't have to worry about the timing chain snapping on you (which would fubar your engine).

Newer Nissans are crap, they've gone cheap. Passat's are actually nice as that was the next car I was considering.
lol....yaaaaaaaah mechanics/engineering goes WAAAAY over my head...i struggle to set up a freaking Play Station.....

198k is pretty good...mine was done at about 170k.......my Nissan was SHAKING bad by the time i traded it in...was so glad to get rid of it.

ive heard Beemers are expensive to maintain- but it sounds like you know what you are doing. A buddy of mine was a helicopter maintenance mechanic in the marines- recently got out and is going back to school.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm a sucker for these types of interviews, but I thought what Dwight said was not only accurate, but pretty self aware. He handled these tough questions about as well as you could expect anyone to.

It seemed like he was genuine in his feelings towards the game, but also more miles away more mature than he's ever come across in the past. Really hoping that he figures out a way to put aside his ego for the betterment of his basketball future.

He's still got a lot left in the tank. Injuries have slowed him, but it's always been his attitude that has hindered him. Only time will truly tell if he gets it or not as a professional athlete.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....yaaaaaaaah mechanics/engineering goes WAAAAY over my head...i struggle to set up a freaking Play Station.....

198k is pretty good...mine was done at about 170k.......my Nissan was SHAKING bad by the time i traded it in...was so glad to get rid of it.

ive heard Beemers are expensive to maintain- but it sounds like you know what you are doing. A buddy of mine was a helicopter maintenance mechanic in the marines- recently got out and is going back to school.

Yeah....I wasn't the best mechanic (solidified that IT was my true calling). I have a decent mechanic in the area who I was referred to by a friend, so he's fair about prices.

Yeah, your friend's braver than I am. Helicopter mechanic requires a 5-year contract as opposed to the standard 4. Then again, air wing life is much easier than being in a combat unit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm a sucker for these types of interviews, but I thought what Dwight said was not only accurate, but pretty self aware. He handled these tough questions about as well as you could expect anyone to.

It seemed like he was genuine in his feelings towards the game, but also more miles away more mature than he's ever come across in the past. Really hoping that he figures out a way to put aside his ego for the betterment of his basketball future.

He's still got a lot left in the tank. Injuries have slowed him, but it's always been his attitude that has hindered him. Only time will truly tell if he gets it or not as a professional athlete.

He can still contribute, and who knows? Maybe be the 3rd option on a contending team. I just don't think we'll see the D12 of the Magic return.