• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why your favorite team SUCKS

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt say making the playoffs was this huge accomplishment

i just said the Clippers have been relevant the last few years having multiple all stars, winning a playoff series, getting bought by a billionaire who has changed the culture around there ---- especially compared to their co-tenants who havent won a playoff game for the better part of a decade---i didnt say the Clips were some amazing organization----Cp3 to Griffin is worth the price of admsision-- just that at least they have been entertaining and fun t owatch-- but i guess that threatens you.

ok, you can say "relavency" is fun and all that, but the "co-tenants" have have 16 shining O'Briens that say NONE of that matters without titles. but hey, guess they can be "fun to watch" underachieving if that's all that the game means to certain folks...

all I'M saying is i'm not impressed. oh, and i wouldn't pay one thin dime to watch Blake Griffin play. just putting that out there...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, you can say "relavency" is fun and all that, but the "co-tenants" have have 16 shining O'Briens that say NONE of that matters without titles. but hey, guess they can be "fun to watch" underachieving if that's all that the game means to certain folks...

all I'M saying is i'm not impressed. oh, and i wouldn't pay one thin dime to watch Blake Griffin play. just putting that out there...
prob why i said "over the last few years" lol

to quote:

"cmoooooooooon.

the Clips have kept LA basketball relevant the last few years.

Clips should be pretty decent this year right?"

the Cleveland Browns were AMAZING at one time as well. Jim Brown might be the best football player that ever lived. However- if someone mentions the Steelers success im not so butthurt that i go YAAAAAH WELL THE BROWNS USED TO BE GOOD!!!

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to quote:

"cmoooooooooon.

like i didn't get that. i just pretty much said "big deal"...

there, guess that should clear things up...

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily I haven't put my heart in any NBA team yet. Maybe never :suds:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily I haven't put my heart in any NBA team yet. Maybe never :suds:
if the inmates keep running the asylum like this i dont blame you.

some control needs to be taken back.....

to a certain extent super teams are good---- but at some point people are going to get tired of a bunch of little bitches teaming up- and i include LeBron in that.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continued (11-15)

11. Houston Rockets- What the hell do you think you're doing adding a defensive PG to Mike Dantoni's team? He will be furious when he sees someone try to play defense when they could be using that energy for offense. Paul and Harden will fight for the ball and flop like fish all year long. Eric Gordon miraculously stayed healthy last season, but after he tweaks his earlobe and misses the year there will be no depth & Houston will keep CP3 out of the Conference Finals, AGAIN. He'll feel right at home.

12. Indiana Pacers- Their roster looks like one of those teams that got the wrong end of the "forced trades" in a 2K league. I mean, Lance Stephenson, Darren Collison, Bojan Bogdanovic, & Thaddeus Young?! On a "rebuilding but not really" team?! This reminds me of the Suns roster that had Luis Scola, Marcin Gortat, Jared Dudley & Michael Beasley as starters. Enjoy the next 5-6 years of misery!

13. Los Angeles Clippers- Back to being "the other" LA team... DeAndre Jordan without Chris Paul is basically Javale McGee on a hideous contract. Blake Griffin & Danillo Gallinari should combine to play in at least 21 games next season so those will be must-see games. Steve Balmer's bald ass trying to salvage the team after losing CP3 is hilarious, though. Doc Rivers & Pat Beverely together already annoy the hell out of me. Fringe lotto/8th seed. Enjoy!

14. Los Angeles Lakers- "D-Lo is the future! He is our next Kobe!" *trades him for an expiring contract, basically* "He wasn't that good anyways, BBB for life, I've always been a big baller!" They were supposed to add LeBron, Durant, Cousins, Westbrook, George and every other high profile free agent the past 5 years, but hey! They got KCP, what a steal! With money coming off the books next season I think they have a real shot at adding bonafide star Nerlens Noel to their Big Baller Bitch crew.

15. Memphis Grizzlies- The Grizzlies play like they are still stuck in the 90's. Their roster is very strange, and they are running out of grit... letting go of ZBo made them less ancient, but Chandler Parson's knees are made of dragon glass & watching Memphis play is more boring than watching the White Walkers march towards the wall. They will fight and scrap but fall short like they do every year. #GRIT

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1998 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
1999 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2000 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2001 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2002 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2003 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2004 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2005 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2006 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2007 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2008 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2009 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2010 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2011 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2012 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2013 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2014 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2015 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2016 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old
2017 Spurs - The reason they suck is they are too old

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14. Los Angeles Lakers- "D-Lo is the future! He is our next Kobe!" *trades him for an expiring contract, basically* "He wasn't that good anyways, BBB for life, I've always been a big baller!" They were supposed to add LeBron, Durant, Cousins, Westbrook, George and every other high profile free agent the past 5 years, but hey! They got KCP, what a steal! With money coming off the books next season I think they have a real shot at adding bonafide star Nerlens Noel to their Big Baller Bitch crew.

@trojanfan12 Looks like I ain't the only one that said it...:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what will be really interesting to see what exactly develops this offseason.

As the above poster said- there have been a string of high profile free agents that have had nothing to do with the Lakers.

Now that they are set to have cap space and what looks like the beginning of a nice young core- that may change- but there are certainly no guarantees. Its true that Lakers fans have been speculating about bringing in stars to fill their cap space for YEARS now and thus far- the best free agent they have gotten is of course the aforementioned KCP- and he got paid a MONSTROUSLY high rate on a 1 year deal.

Kevin Love was suposed to want to go back to California too I remember.

Being in LA might be a tiebreaker---- but the 2 most important things to free agents- by FAR the 2 most important things are MONEY and ABILITY TO WIN.

Its why I dont see Paul George as a lock to go to LA. The Thunder have the ability to pay him more, and a better chance to win having Westbrook.

3 of the bigger "destination" cities in the NBA are supposedly New York, Miami and LA. Those teams have not been able to bring in anyone significant in free agency the last few years since those teams (a) didnt have players Bird rights, and (b) were not ready to win at the highest level.

It could not be more obvious from what has happened the last few years in the Association that location is a distant third after MONEY and ABILITY TO WIN.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell's immaturity and me-first game has really sunk his standing in the league in my opinion.

HE definitely still has time to grow up but he needs to be a floor general to have value. He has really good size- but hes not a GREAT athlete- not an above the rim guy. Its gonna be hard for him to ever be a good defender.

I am thrilled he will be with the Nets this year. He will go through some major growing pains there- with basically the least talented front court I have seen in the NBA - possibly ever--- a team with a largely turned over roster- few vets to lead the young guys, and basically no playmakers outside of Lin who dealt with a lot of injury issues last year- and Russell himself (and maybe Crabbe).

I dont know of many, if ANY players on the Nets that would be starting on any of the other 29 teams in the league.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continued (11-15)

11. Houston Rockets- What the hell do you think you're doing adding a defensive PG to Mike Dantoni's team? He will be furious when he sees someone try to play defense when they could be using that energy for offense. Paul and Harden will fight for the ball and flop like fish all year long. Eric Gordon miraculously stayed healthy last season, but after he tweaks his earlobe and misses the year there will be no depth & Houston will keep CP3 out of the Conference Finals, AGAIN. He'll feel right at home.

12. Indiana Pacers- Their roster looks like one of those teams that got the wrong end of the "forced trades" in a 2K league. I mean, Lance Stephenson, Darren Collison, Bojan Bogdanovic, & Thaddeus Young?! On a "rebuilding but not really" team?! This reminds me of the Suns roster that had Luis Scola, Marcin Gortat, Jared Dudley & Michael Beasley as starters. Enjoy the next 5-6 years of misery!

13. Los Angeles Clippers- Back to being "the other" LA team... DeAndre Jordan without Chris Paul is basically Javale McGee on a hideous contract. Blake Griffin & Danillo Gallinari should combine to play in at least 21 games next season so those will be must-see games. Steve Balmer's bald ass trying to salvage the team after losing CP3 is hilarious, though. Doc Rivers & Pat Beverely together already annoy the hell out of me. Fringe lotto/8th seed. Enjoy!

15. Memphis Grizzlies- The Grizzlies play like they are still stuck in the 90's. Their roster is very strange, and they are running out of grit... letting go of ZBo made them less ancient, but Chandler Parson's knees are made of dragon glass & watching Memphis play is more boring than watching the White Walkers march towards the wall. They will fight and scrap but fall short like they do every year. #GRIT
Memphis would prob do anything to get off of Parson's contract. One of the worst contracts in sports history- it looks right now at least.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmoooooooooon.

Clips should be pretty decent this year right?

Lakers (#5 road draw in the league last year) still outdraw the Clippers (#15) on the road, and have only dipped slightly below sell-out status at home while tanking.

Clips are only relevant in that they make the postseason, and even that is only due to the league taking Chris Paul away from the Lakers and gifting him to the Clips. They have never been a threat beyond that. They will be a borderline playoff team this year at best, and certainly won't have home court advantage.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but its certainly better than not winning a playoff game for the better part of a decade

5 years is the better part of a decade? Seems like exactly half. Never mind those two titles out of 3 finals appearances in that decade I guess.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to quote:

"cmoooooooooon.

the Cleveland Browns were AMAZING at one time as well. Jim Brown might be the best football player that ever lived. However- if someone mentions the Steelers success im not so butthurt that i go YAAAAAH WELL THE BROWNS USED TO BE GOOD!!!

WOW. Talk about a terrible comparison. I must have missed all those Clippers titles while the Lakers were struggling with only winning two of their own this past decade. Somehow you are comparing 5 years without a playoff win and 7 without a title to 19 years without a playoff win and 53 years without a title.

#ClevelandMentality

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers (#5 road draw in the league last year) still outdraw the Clippers (#15) on the road, and have only dipped slightly below sell-out status at home while tanking.

Clips are only relevant in that they make the postseason, and even that is only due to the league taking Chris Paul away from the Lakers and gifting him to the Clips. They have never been a threat beyond that. They will be a borderline playoff team this year at best, and certainly won't have home court advantage.
I totally agree with everything you just said

my only point- and its a valid point- is that whil the Lakers were having the back to back worst years in the history of the franchise and failing to make the playoffs year after year- the Clippers had a few entertaining seasons with some big time All Stars and were relevant.

the last thing i am trying to do is say the Clippers are the more vaunted franchise overall or are going to permanently usurp the Lakers position as THE basketball team in town---- just that over the last few years the Clips have been pretty decent- have had some all stars that are fun to watch while the Lakers were a dumpster fire.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what will be really interesting to see what exactly develops this offseason.

As the above poster said- there have been a string of high profile free agents that have had nothing to do with the Lakers.

Now that they are set to have cap space and what looks like the beginning of a nice young core- that may change- but there are certainly no guarantees. Its true that Lakers fans have been speculating about bringing in stars to fill their cap space for YEARS now and thus far- the best free agent they have gotten is of course the aforementioned KCP- and he got paid a MONSTROUSLY high rate on a 1 year deal.

Kevin Love was suposed to want to go back to California too I remember.

Being in LA might be a tiebreaker---- but the 2 most important things to free agents- by FAR the 2 most important things are MONEY and ABILITY TO WIN.

Its why I dont see Paul George as a lock to go to LA. The Thunder have the ability to pay him more, and a better chance to win having Westbrook.

3 of the bigger "destination" cities in the NBA are supposedly New York, Miami and LA. Those teams have not been able to bring in anyone significant in free agency the last few years since those teams (a) didnt have players Bird rights, and (b) were not ready to win at the highest level.

It could not be more obvious from what has happened the last few years in the Association that location is a distant third after MONEY and ABILITY TO WIN.

Free agents were uninterested because Jim Buss was running things. These days, you've got guys that aren't even free agents talking about playing for the Lakers (George, Durant, Lillard) because Magic is running things. The situation couldn't be more different.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my only point- and its a valid point- is that whil the Lakers were having the back to back worst years in the history of the franchise and failing to make the playoffs year after year- the Clippers had a few entertaining seasons with some big time All Stars and were relevant.

the last thing i am trying to do is say the Clippers are the more vaunted franchise overall or are going to permanently usurp the Lakers position as THE basketball team in town---- just that over the last few years the Clips have been pretty decent- have had some all stars that are fun to watch while the Lakers were a dumpster fire.

That's about the equivalent of going to see the Globetrotters instead of a championship basketball team.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmao @permanently...

good thing you used the word "were". seems the guard's changing out here even as we speak, or do you think Blake Griffin's gonna finally lead the Clips to the promised land...?:dhd: