• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why your favorite team SUCKS

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the thing with Anaheim. When the Clippers truly sucked was when they were playing games there and people showed up.

Now, that may have dried up if they continued to lose. But the Angels have had bad teams more than they've had good ones and people still go. Clips might get the same treatment.
But would they have to call them the Anaheim Clippers of Los Angeles?:lol:
I definitely think that Anaheim would be a good call. It would give the Clippers their own home and something for Orange County to continue to try and distinguish itself from Los Angeles (my Mom, a native of Nor Cal, still calls everything between Santa Barbara and San Diego "Los Angeles").

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers suck because the league got tired of their dominance.
that and Dr. Buss died leaving a moron in charge of basketball operations.

At least Jeanie fixed it now though.

Cavs suck because they have Iman Shumpert- and for some reason are wasting a roster spot on Jose Calderon----- and because their owner and best player in the world legitimately hate each other.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that and Dr. Buss died leaving a moron in charge of basketball operations.

At least Jeanie fixed it now though.

Cavs suck because they have Iman Shumpert- and for some reason are wasting a roster spot on Jose Calderon----- and because their owner and best player in the world legitimately hate each other.

huh, when did KD join the Cavs roster...?:lol:

didn't know he had any issues with Dan Gilbert ...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh, when did KD join the Cavs roster...?:lol:

didn't know he had any issues with Dan Gilbert ...
Come on! He was clearly referring to Tristan Thompson.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round exit? So we're making the playoffs this year?! YES!!

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry's the best player and is getting older.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I think Anaheim would probably still welcome them. They'd want to upgrade The Honda Center. It's still a nice venue, but needs to be "modernized" a little.

If Ballmer was smart, he'd do that. If not, then going to Seattle as you suggest would also be a good idea. I'll be mildly surprised if Ballmer doesn't eventually do something. I don't see him as a guy who would be content playing 2nd fiddle.

Ballmer is doing something; Inglewood?

Inglewood going forward with plan for new Clippers arena

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But would they have to call them the Anaheim Clippers of Los Angeles?:lol:
I definitely think that Anaheim would be a good call. It would give the Clippers their own home and something for Orange County to continue to try and distinguish itself from Los Angeles (my Mom, a native of Nor Cal, still calls everything between Santa Barbara and San Diego "Los Angeles").

If they move to somewhere else in CA they should change their name to the California Clippers, or the Golden State Clippers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This plan only continues the suck of being the Lakers little brother in Los Angeles. They need to move. How about Vegas, baby!?

I'm all for getting them out of LA. How about Mexico?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously...?

when they get past the 2nd round of the playoffs DO get back to us...

#underwhelmed:rolleyes2:
I mean- beating the Spurs in the playoffs and getting to the 2nd round isnt the end all be all- but its certainly better than not winning a playoff game for the better part of a decade.

I mean- about 40% of top 5 picks go on to become all stars. Jordan and Griffin are all stars.....right now- the Lakers have some talented pieces and a couple that MIGHT become all stars someday down the line a few years but there is certainly no guarantee.

"Lob City"---- i mean- Clippers got some run there for a while- Ballmer -one of the richest men in the country bought them.

this isnt the sad bastard clippers under racist POS STerling.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- beating the Spurs in the playoffs and getting to the 2nd round isnt the end all be all- but its certainly better than not winning a playoff game for the better part of a decade.

I mean- about 40% of top 5 picks go on to become all stars. Jordan and Griffin are all stars.....right now- the Lakers have some talented pieces and a couple that MIGHT become all stars someday down the line a few years but there is certainly no guarantee.

"Lob City"---- i mean- Clippers got some run there for a while- Ballmer -one of the richest men in the country bought them.

this isnt the sad bastard clippers under racist POS STerling.

lol, yeah all that OBVIOUSLY takes away from my point...:rolleyes2:

#allabouttitles

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean i'm sorry to tell you this, but making the playoffs is something of an accomplishment, but it'll hardly knock anyone's socks off...

#Clevelandmentality:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean i'm sorry to tell you this, but making the playoffs is something of an accomplishment, but it'll hardly knock anyone's socks off...

#Clevelandmentality:D
i didnt say making the playoffs was this huge accomplishment

i just said the Clippers have been relevant the last few years having multiple all stars, winning a playoff series, getting bought by a billionaire who has changed the culture around there ---- especially compared to their co-tenants who havent won a playoff game for the better part of a decade---i didnt say the Clips were some amazing organization----Cp3 to Griffin is worth the price of admsision-- just that at least they have been entertaining and fun t owatch-- but i guess that threatens you.