• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP Committe SOS problem

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all revenue driven and all about getting people into town for the bowl game and putting butts in the seats. Boise doesn't sell out every home game because it's IC schedule is weaker making for a less attractive home slate and traditional P5 teams wouldn't and didn't need to come play them. That's seemingly changing with Michigan State, Florida State, and Oklahoma State, etc. currently scheduled to come. They'll travel though. Ask Phoenix natives or Oklahoma or TCU fans if they'll travel. I live in the PHX now and it was an absolute zoo for both Fiesta Bowls. It was insane, a sea of blue and orange.

I'm not trying to put Boise St down, but Alabama more than doubles the sell out crowd of Boise St for spring games and also against FCS teams. It's just not on the same level. We played Duke @ Duke a few years ago and it was like a home game because it was all Alabama fans. Usually ranked as one of the top traveling teams in the country. I think back in the 90's they were creating bowl games just for Alabama(joke mostly, but seemed like it).

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to put Boise St down, but Alabama more than doubles the sell out crowd of Boise St for spring games and also against FCS teams. It's just not on the same level. We played Duke @ Duke a few years ago and it was like a home game because it was all Alabama fans. Usually ranked as one of the top traveling teams in the country. I think back in the 90's they were creating bowl games just for Alabama(joke mostly, but seemed like it).

Oh for sure. Alabama is Alabama, a blue blood of college football rich with history, tradition, and an insanely dedicated and sizeable fanbase. There's no comparison there. I'm just trying to point out that Boise travels much better than people would think, especially for the big ones. And hey, it's been well documented. We don't get many opportunities!

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure. Alabama is Alabama, a blue blood of college football rich with history, tradition, and an insanely dedicated and sizeable fanbase. There's no comparison there. I'm just trying to point out that Boise travels much better than people would think, especially for the big ones. And hey, it's been well documented. We don't get many opportunities!

May I also add this: If Boise State does run the table and make it into the top 4, there will be no ticket sale dilemma. People are going to watch the game, because we like to root for the underdog.

Whether or not, Boise State sells out its home games, does not mean they shouldn't be eligible for the postseason. It should be purely based on what was accomplished on the field.