• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Schedule

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the schedule is out. Niners will be traveling the second most miles of any team this season and we play 4 teams coming off their bye weeks.

At Pittsburgh
At LAR
NYG (Thursday)
AZ
Dallas
At Cleveland
At Minny (Monday)
Cincy
BYE
At Jacksonville
Tampa
At Seattle (Thursday)
At Philly
Seattle
At Arizona
Bmore (Monday)
At Washington
LAR

To me this schedule looks harder than usual. But hte overall winning % puts us in the middle of the pack in strength of schedule. We've 9 games against playoff teams.

Nice to see that the first couple of games are winnable seeing as how Purdy might miss a game or 2 (still up in the air).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, the schedule is out. Niners will be traveling the second most miles of any team this season and we play 4 teams coming off their bye weeks.

At Pittsburgh
At LAR
NYG (Thursday)
AZ
Dallas
At Cleveland
At Minny (Monday)
Cincy
BYE
At Jacksonville
Tampa
At Seattle (Thursday)
At Philly
Seattle
At Arizona
Bmore (Monday)
At Washington
LAR

To me this schedule looks harder than usual. But hte overall winning % puts us in the middle of the pack in strength of schedule. We've 9 games against playoff teams.

Nice to see that the first couple of games are winnable seeing as how Purdy might miss a game or 2 (still up in the air).
As last year's NFC West champ, we knew a harder schedule was due. To me we just play it as scheduled, no tears. I'd think most teams would find an issue with their schedule because its difficult to do a really fair one for 32 teams. Then add in Thursday games and international games, and no way to make it fair for everyone.

Yes, the schedule does play a part in your season's success but injuries much more so. We can only hope for good health of our players, none of those season ending types.

I had planned to see the Rams game in Levi's but seeing its the last game, forget it. Better to see the Rams game in LA because odds favor all of our players will play, and it'll be competitive. If i wait for the last game, we MIGHT pull some starters out early?

Beetle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At Pittsburgh
At LAR
NYG (Thursday)
AZ
Dallas
At Cleveland
At Minny (Monday)
Cincy
BYE
At Jacksonville
Tampa
At Seattle (Thursday)
At Philly
Seattle
At Arizona
Bmore (Monday)
At Washington
LAR

Opening with two road games followed by a Thursday nighter should leave them pretty worn out

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Opening with two road games followed by a Thursday nighter should leave them pretty worn out
No question but if you have to play two away games followed by a Thursday, doing it at the start is best. Next best would be following a bye week.

Too bad we didn't get Arizona on Thursday? Anyway, just don't want to start the season like the previous two, was it 3-5 and then 3-3? If we want to capture the No. 1 seed, then can't start like this.

Beetle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question but if you have to play two away games followed by a Thursday, doing it at the start is best. Next best would be following a bye week.

Too bad we didn't get Arizona on Thursday? Anyway, just don't want to start the season like the previous two, was it 3-5 and then 3-3? If we want to capture the No. 1 seed, then can't start like this.
Health conditions notwithstanding, I think the 49ers are going to be much more well rounded than last year

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Health conditions notwithstanding, I think the 49ers are going to be much more well rounded than last year
Yes, no team is solid at every single position but the 49ers are as solid as any other team. IMO these 49ers even have as good depth if not more, than other teams.

HOWEVER, we felt we had solid teams the previous two seasons too, but started SLOWLY. So slow we might not have made the play-offs except for LONG win streaks that followed. So we 49er fans already seen how a 'solid' team can fall short of the play-offs, even when healthy.

Beetle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, no team is solid at every single position but the 49ers are as solid as any other team. IMO these 49ers even have as good depth if not more, than other teams.

HOWEVER, we felt we had solid teams the previous two seasons too, but started SLOWLY. So slow we might not have made the play-offs except for LONG win streaks that followed. So we 49er fans already seen how a 'solid' team can fall short of the play-offs, even when healthy.
From the 49er games I watched I saw a huge weakness in the interior pass rush. Adding the dude from Philly is going to be huge and I think you are going to see a huge jump in performance from Armstead because of the new guy from Philly. Armstead is a guy who always seems to be an inch away from a sack but never gets one But that will change now with the new DT playing next to him. If he stays healthy I think you guys are going to be very pleased with his performance.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From the 49er games I watched I saw a huge weakness in the interior pass rush. Adding the dude from Philly is going to be huge and I think you are going to see a huge jump in performance from Armstead because of the new guy from Philly. Armstead is a guy who always seems to be an inch away from a sack but never gets one But that will change now with the new DT playing next to him. If he stays healthy I think you guys are going to be very pleased with his performance.
No doubt.