• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB has basically become the SEC,Clemson, and Ohio State

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Oregon in the CFP next year...if they avoid a bed shitting like they had in Tempe this year. I don't see anyone in the PAC getting a lot better and some of them even taking a step back. Don't think a loss to the Bucknuts will make any difference if they run the table otherwise.

But, what the hell do I know. These are 18-22 year old kids...that frequently have brains that turn to shit for some periods of time.

I hope that Oregon and/or USC, or any other PAC team for that matter, comes alive next season. NCAAF is so much better when all of the conferences are fielding multiple playoff caliber teams.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Oregon in the CFP next year...if they avoid a bed shitting like they had in Tempe this year. I don't see anyone in the PAC getting a lot better and some of them even taking a step back. Don't think a loss to the Bucknuts will make any difference if they run the table otherwise.

But, what the hell do I know. These are 18-22 year old kids...that frequently have brains that turn to shit for some periods of time.
I wouldn't assume another win over ASU if they meet up in the CCG. Herm Edwards is really building that program up.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that Oregon and/or USC, or any other PAC team for that matter, comes alive next season. NCAAF is so much better when all of the conferences are fielding multiple playoff caliber teams.
You will see it from the SEC and B1G next year, and possibly the Pac12. However, I don't see anyone other than Clemson coming remotely close in the ACC, and I'm not sure anyone in the Big 12 is gonna be playoff caliber next year.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will see it from the SEC and B1G next year, and possibly the Pac12. However, I don't see anyone other than Clemson coming remotely close in the ACC, and I'm not sure anyone in the Big 12 is gonna be playoff caliber next year.

I agree with that analysis. When I was young I hated anything but SEC football. That was in the pre cable days and we only got three games a Saturday and Notre Dame was always one so keeping up with NCAAF meant reading papers the next day. Now I can record several games while watching three or four, and have football to see during the week. Stronger conferences makes for better football.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unlikely unless the next QB plays out of his mind. Oregon should still win the conference, but they'll lose to OSU and at least 1 game in conference.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There won't be a playoff contender from the PAC next season.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There won't be a playoff contender from the PAC next season.

I have hope. Every time we make a run at it has been in the years that we were picked third or worse in our division. Some PAC teams have all the ingredients, they just need a chef to put it together.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hope. Every time we make a run at it has been in the years that we were picked third or worse in our division. Some PAC teams have all the ingredients, they just need a chef to put it together.

Oregon has the most talent, but they'll start with a loss to OSU, and it's incredibly unlikely they'll run the table in the PAC.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has the most talent, but they'll start with a loss to OSU, and it's incredibly unlikely they'll run the table in the PAC.

You are probably correct but I have seen stranger things happen than that happen with some Auburn teams. Good athletes playing sound football can become world beaters.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably correct but I have seen stranger things happen than that happen with some Auburn teams. Good athletes playing sound football can become world beaters.

Certainly if Oregon shocks Ohio State next season it's a possibility, but I can't see that happening based on the talent level of both teams.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most all of the best players come from the south and its hard to get kids to leave and go elsewhere. Texas high school football isn't what it used to be and that hurts teams like OU and Texas. OU has had to go elsewhere to get top talent (Arizona-Rattler),(Georgia-Hasslewood).

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you going to have at QB? Your OL looks like it could be anybody that doesn't trip over his own feet.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you going to have at QB? Your OL looks like it could be anybody that doesn't trip over his own feet.

Shough is likely...although we did recruit two excellent QBs this recruiting cycle. Incredibly tough to start Day 1 at QB as a true freshman though.

OL returns the best Olineman in the country in Sewell. Ducks were fortunate to rotate many players this season to build reps for the other positions.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly if Oregon shocks Ohio State next season it's a possibility, but I can't see that happening based on the talent level of both teams.

I was referring more to running the conference schedule and the PACCG. It will take some kind of "Kick Six" voodoo for anyone to beat them next season. There are probably only two or three teams that can match up with them.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring more to running the conference schedule and the PACCG. It will take some kind of "Kick Six" voodoo for anyone to beat them next season. There are probably only two or three teams that can match up with them.

They'll have an off game. They almost always do.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at the entire history of the pac, it's super rare to run the table in conference. Even when they are as strong as USC under Carroll.

In the last 30 years there were exactly 3 conf undefeated teams if you exclude the 2 USC had vacated. Even if you count those that's 5 in 30 years. It's been a decade since it last happened.

And most of the time the favored team seems to trip up on a team they have no business losing to on paper.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at the entire history of the pac, it's super rare to run the table in conference. Even when they are as strong as USC under Carroll.

In the last 30 years there were exactly 3 conf undefeated teams if you exclude the 2 USC had vacated. Even if you count those that's 5 in 30 years. It's been a decade since it last happened.

And most of the time the favored team seems to trip up on a team they have no business losing to on paper.

The plus side of that is that you are talking about just overcoming one letdown a year or one bad gameplan by the coaches. I am not saying that it is easy to maintain top form every week, just that it is doable. IF a team or teams in any conference can be just a game away most seasons, that sooner or later they will break through.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plus side of that is that you are talking about just overcoming one letdown a year or one bad gameplan by the coaches. I am not saying that it is easy to maintain top form every week, just that it is doable. IF a team or teams in any conference can be just a game away most seasons, that sooner or later they will break through.
I was just pointing out that no matter how it looks on paper, favored teams almost never run the conference slate. Even when they are heavy favorites.

Some of it is depth/ injuries which is always an issue. Pac teams aren't nearly as deep as the national brands. Some of it is the very different schemes on both sides of the ball. It's very hard to excel above all of them even if you have more talent across the board.

It's just super rare.

The ducks got away with it in '10 because no one could solve the hurry up. Once teams had a plan for it someone bit them every year thereafter.