• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB ALL-STAR games upon us

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 Senior Bowl Practice-Notes (Wed)

Sources Tell Us: Inside scoop on prospects at Senior Bowl - NFL.com

Buzz-worthy and buzz-kill players from Day 2 at the Senior Bowl - NFL.com

Miami's Clive Walford among Day 2 standouts at Senior Bowl - NFL.com

Seven things we learned from Day 2 of Senior Bowl practices - NFL.com

Sources Tell Us: Inside scoop on prospects at Senior Bowl - NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-us-what-were-hearing-about-top-nfl-prospects

within the above link a possible slot wr........

The scoop: "Body type screams Anquan Boldin. This kid is much faster, but unfair to say he competes for the ball the way Boldin does. That's a rare trait ... but I like Goodley a lot. Will create a bunch of issues with his physicality." -- NFC South scout on Baylor WR Antwan Goodley

The skinny: Goodley is solidly built. At a verified 5-10 and 221 pounds, he looks more like a running back than a receiver. It's been reported he ran the 40 in 4.39 seconds, but most expect him to be in the mid-4.4s in pre-draft workouts. His ability to run after the catch separates him from most of his competitors in the senior wide receiver class.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds a bit like that Golden Tate guy...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wouldn't be a bad thing, IMO.

can't always look at the really tall, big wr's as an "only" option .... (not that you were saying that)

seems to me that many forget how productive shorter wr's are like; steve smith, desean Jackson, Antonio brown, t.y. Hilton, randal cobb, john brown... the list goes on.... Goodley has a much bigger frame than those, even over tate....

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't saying it was a bad thing at all. If he's anything like Tate he'll be dangerous out of the slot, or split out wide, or, at 225 lbs he could even line up in the backfield ala Randall Cobb (which, imo, we absolutely need to incorporate with Tater next year).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Goodley absolutely smoked 2014 draftee CB Gilbert (Clev), several times, when they played against each other in 2013.... not that it means that much at this point. I thought he would have entered the draft last year but he made a smart choice and went back to school. He's a very high IQ football player.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Jeff Luc kid at LB seems to be a motor and hard hitter. He will be another kid I look at. I want another LB, but he might not be around in the middle rounds. Pretty sure he'd be a nice Tully replacement

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^
so would Taiwan Jones... old school LB... very good with read/react skills.. always near the ball.. great instincts.... should be there 4th maaaaaybe 5th rd

but agree with your choice of Luc

wouldn't mind it one bit if MSS ILB Benardrick McKinnley somehow inadvertently fell to us in 2nd rd

this class is short on talent in CB's and OT's after round 3, IMO...and definitely not a year to choose a QB

Last edited by a moderator:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his movement and ability to locate the ball. He also has tremendous recovery speed. I did not see a ton of press coverage and could not find any more video, but he looks pretty smooth to me. I agree that there is not much to see in run support but he certainly does not shy away from contact and gets low when tackling. That is good enough for me.

He is not as polished as Waynes, but he has a lot of upside IMO. If he is there in the second round I would not hesitate.

1st rd is either an OL or DL. Danny Shelton is my boy on defense. Dude is turning into a beast. Think of a better version of Fairly only bigger and not lazy. I like how he never dogs it on a play. Routinely see him downfield making plays. His center of gravity is so low that he is almost unblockable 1 on 1. Another kid that no one would have thought last year would be a top DT. He is big enough to play NT and athletic enough to be a DT in a 4-3. He is just as good rushing the passer as he is on run defense.

Turn off the volume as the music is quite offensive.

LOL. The music is quite offensive.

I love the spinning cartwheel flips shit he was doing on that one play he got a sack. I would love to have him at #23 if Suh walks. However, I wouldn't trade up for him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOBILE, Ala. -- University of Washington defensive tackle Danny Shelton hit the scales Tuesday and weighed in at 342 pounds. While most would fret at that number, Shelton gave a happy fist pump for the crowd following the announcement.

I asked Shelton the reason for the fist pump on the scale this week. According to Shelton, he ballooned to 360 in early January after the season and worked his way down to 342. He’s aiming to be even lighter in time for the NFL combine, which is the next phase in the evaluation process.

“I’ve been training really hard,” Shelton said. “I’m on a nutritional diet and so it’s looking good for me.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn prospects outplaying their tape at Senior Bowl

Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke: He has stood out all week for his ball skills and ability to quickly transition upfield after the catch. He has simply played a little faster than what we've seen on his tape so far, and caught the ball better in traffic. But perhaps most encouraging is his savvy as a route-runner. He has a great ability to set defensive backs up with subtle moves like head bobs and shoulder movement that get them off balance. He's undersized and will never be a No. 1 receiver in the NFL, but he could be very effective in the slot.

Marcus Hardison, DT, Arizona State: He had 10 sacks this season, but based on the tape we'd seen of him we weren't sure that production would translate to the NFL. We hadn't seen a ton of explosiveness from him, but that changed this week. He wasn't perfect, getting turned sideways by double teams and failing to finish plays at times, and he could afford to develop a counter-move as a pass-rusher. But he displayed explosive qualities, with the initial burst and power to rock offensive linemen back on their heels.

Kevin White, CB, TCU: He's small (5-foot-9, 180 pounds) with short arms (29 7/8 inches), so we're not talking about a Day 1 or even a Day 2 pick here. But he stood out this week after we'd initially been underwhelmed by his performance as tape. He showed very quick feet, fluid movement skills and excellent instincts in terms of recognizing routes and reading the quarterback's eyes. He also did a great job of playing the ball, including high-pointing an interception in Wednesday's practice.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senior Bowl prospects who played worse than their tape

T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh: This week Clemmings has shown flashes of what he could be. He has tremendous power and athleticism, which also stands out on his tape. But he struggled with his technique during the practices, especially on the left side. This is understandable given that it's a tough transition to make, particularly for a player with limited experience like Clemmings: He played only one year of high school football, spent his first three years at Pitt on defense and played right tackle his two years on offense. None of this means he can't develop, but I think if a team is drafting him it has to be thinking of him as a right tackle, and the value of right tackles as compared to left tackles isn't as great.

Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford: He is an explosive player with the ball in his hands, both in the return game and after the catch. The question for Montgomery is whether he has good enough ball skills. We'd thought he had improved in that area a little bit this season based on his tape, but he struggled with contested catches this week and also had a few drops on passes he should have caught. Additionally, he showed no physicality as a route-runner and his hamstring was bothering him (he's dealt with durability issues previously). He was talked about as a second- or third-round pick earlier in the season, but we don't really see him as a complete enough player to take that early.

Tony Lippett, WR, Michigan State: He is a guy who had a quick rise this season, standing out on tape for making a lot of contested catches, demonstrating good body control and ball skills to win 50-50 balls against defensive backs. We didn't see any of that ability from Lippett this week as he faced better competition at cornerback. Moreover, he didn't show good body control as a route-runner and struggled to separate. We think he could be a No. 4 WR in the NFL, but he should be a Day 3 pick, not the second- or third-round pick he has been mentioned as.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small-school prospects to keep an eye on

Ali Marpet, G, Hobart: He is a guy who was able to get away with some poor technique against lower-level competition, and we saw him pay for that a few times against better D-linemen this week. But when he demonstrated sound technique he was very effective in pass protection, using his big, powerful hands to latch on to defenders. And while he isn't an elite athlete, he has good-enough movement skills to get to the second level. Washington DT Danny Shelton's power gave him some trouble, but we were impressed with how hard Marpet fought to sustain his block.

Dezmin Lewis, WR, Central Arkansas: What teams are looking for in these small-school guys is two things: 1. Does he have natural tools that they can develop? 2. Does he show improvement throughout the week? Lewis answered both questions in the affirmative. He's raw as a route-runner but can create mismatches with his size (6-4, 215) and length (32 6/8-inch arms) alone. He showed really good body control and ball skills, doing a great job of adjusting to passes and making several acrobatic catches throughout the week.

Nick Boyle, TE, Delaware: He is a great blocker both in the running game (he blew up a guy as an isolation blocker Thursday) and in pass protection, and while he isn't a guy who will stretch the seam with his speed, his size (6-5, 267) allows him to shield defenders on underneath catches, he has good hands and he's a freight train running defenders over if he can gain some steam. He's probably a fifth- or sixth-round pick who can contribute on special teams, block in jumbo packages and function as a No. 2 tight end. There's a market for guys like Boyle.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this class is short on talent in CB's ] and OT's after round 3, IMO...and definitely not a year to choose a QB
You picking on that Smith kid from TCU? He looked good in practices. He would look even better with f he was not 5'9"

Although one scout said he plays like he is 5'11" :noidea:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he reminds me a lot of last years TCU CB Jason Verrett does Kevin White (also from TCU).. I'd have no problem with that pick at the back end of rd 3 for us.... another nickel cb, imo and maybe a whole lot better than "Bullett Bill"..... I don't discriminate against the short or skinny ones (like say Johnson or Waynes even)

D'Joun Smith = Florida Atlantic

but I knew where you were going

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB have you watched Nate Orchard from Utah at all? If so, what are your thoughts on the kid?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ Yes, I did. Twice in 2014.

The way he was used and his skill-set reminds me of Barr from last year and also a little similar to how Ansah was used at BYU. Hand in the dirt DE, stand-up rusher, OLB. I know he's a couple inches shorter than Ansah and probably 20 lbs lighter, but he's explosive with very quick feet. He needs to expand on his rush moves and shed blocks better but his conversion of speed to power would be even better, once he refines that technique, IMO.

I like this kid a lot, LP. I never mentioned him prior mostly due to my belief he'd be gone early on in 2nd rd or possibly late 1st rd.

If he dropped to us in 2nd rd and a CB wasn't there for us, I'd turn in that draft slip faster than what they did last year for Ebron. Adding him would make one helluva LB corps. I do not see him as a DE outside of situational use.

I like that kid Rowe (sp.) also.

What do you have on OT Poutasi

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could use him like we used Tapp last year, and how we plan on using Van Noy as a combo DE/OLB...

His quickness stands out watching highlights on him, but I've never seen him play live...

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could use him like we used Tapp last year, and how we plan on using Van Noy as a combo DE/OLB...

His quickness stands out watching highlights on him, but I've never seen him play live...

Do you think Van Noy will be starting over Palmer by the season opener next year?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. No doubt.

If we keep Suh, how many sacks do you think Van Noy would get as our primary blitzer? He seemed to be a excellent pass rusher at BYU.