• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB ALL-STAR games upon us

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. Seahawky Good should get you some notoriety. But.... Sherman flew under the radar....till he got added as an injury replacement.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ true once again... Stop making sense, please !

It happens often, when a senior bowl invitee gets injured, they'll go and pick up a player from the Shrine game or someone else on their drop-down list.

take a look see at Kevin Johnson (WF), he comes a little flat footed and turned the wrong way on one video but he has pretty damn good instincts. My analysis on him being weak vs the run doesn't show up in either video. I hate highlights vs actual full game video

youtube on wake forest cb kevin johnson - Bing Videos

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his height. Looks like he's very athletic, but like you said before, he should start going back for seconds at dinner. (Ill never be able to breakdown corners. Never learned any techniques personally and can't recognize the little things now.). Doesn't look like he shies away from contact despite his thin build.

We could definitely use someone with his length. Teams like Chicago, with long receiving options have a nice advantage over small DBs.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the kid possesses an extremely good back-pedal and does flip his hips easily into transitioning to run coming out of his back-pedal but I'm seeing quite a bit of holding in these highlights. He has exceptional instincts and catch-up speed, like the one instance where he releases from the wr and starts to rush the qb, zone coverage behind him, the FS misses the wr and Johnson races down the boundary to tackle him.

OLD LION maybe will see this. He's pretty damn good at breaking down CB's and film. I bet 2cents could do it as well.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is Cam Johnson won't be a Seahawk......They don't have enough room for Two C(K)ams....Kam Chancellor wouldn't allow it.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Lions take this kid in the middle rounds, You can't teach leadership:

Former Michigan linebacker Jake Ryan is at the East-West Shrine Game trying to impress NFL personnel with his on-field play.

But his off-field approach was noticed as well, as he picked up the Pat Tillman Award for his character. According to a news release, the award is "presented to the player who best exemplifies intelligence, sportsmanship and service."

The award was presented to Ryan at a banquet Friday night, before today's Shrine game at Tropicana Field (4 p.m., NFL Network).

Ryan's character emerged over the past week as the players visited Shriners Hospitals for Children-Tampa. He interacted with "patients and their siblings on the basketball court, pushed them on swings, helped get their faces painted and danced."

"I am truly humbled to receive this award," Ryan said in the release. "What makes it more special is the person for whom it is named. Pat Tillman is an American hero who turned down millions of dollars to protect our country. This award honors Pat's courage, passion for the game, and his willingness to help others. It is an honor to be mentioned in the same sentence."

Current Michigan defensive line coach Greg Mattison, who was Ryan's defensive coordinator the past four years and his position coach for parts of that, spoke of his pride in Ryan.

"This award is a tremendous honor and Jake is very deserving of this recognition," Mattison said in a news release. "His character this week leading up to the East-West Shrine Game is the same character he exemplified his entire career at the University of Michigan, and that is why we are confident he will have tremendous success at the next level."

Ryan, named a Butkus Award finalist and a prolific linebacker at Michigan, was voted U-M's MVP for the 2014 season and finished his career with 267 tackles (45½ for a loss) , 9½ sacks, seven forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries, seven pass breakups and one interception. His seven forced fumbles was second all-time at Michigan.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ true once again... Stop making sense, please !

It happens often, when a senior bowl invitee gets injured, they'll go and pick up a player from the Shrine game or someone else on their drop-down list.

take a look see at Kevin Johnson (WF), he comes a little flat footed and turned the wrong way on one video but he has pretty damn good instincts. My analysis on him being weak vs the run doesn't show up in either video. I hate highlights vs actual full game video

I like his movement and ability to locate the ball. He also has tremendous recovery speed. I did not see a ton of press coverage and could not find any more video, but he looks pretty smooth to me. I agree that there is not much to see in run support but he certainly does not shy away from contact and gets low when tackling. That is good enough for me.

He is not as polished as Waynes, but he has a lot of upside IMO. If he is there in the second round I would not hesitate.

1st rd is either an OL or DL. Danny Shelton is my boy on defense. Dude is turning into a beast. Think of a better version of Fairly only bigger and not lazy. I like how he never dogs it on a play. Routinely see him downfield making plays. His center of gravity is so low that he is almost unblockable 1 on 1. Another kid that no one would have thought last year would be a top DT. He is big enough to play NT and athletic enough to be a DT in a 4-3. He is just as good rushing the passer as he is on run defense.

Turn off the volume as the music is quite offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 Senior Bowl coverage

2015 Reese's Senior Bowl rosters - NFL.com

Scout's Take: 10 most intriguing Senior Bowl prospects - NFL.com

Instant debate: Who has most at stake at Senior Bowl? - NFL.com

2015 Senior Bowl preview: Every storyline to follow during practices this week - SBNation.com
It's expected that players will drop out of the game in the weeks leading up to it. This year is no exception. Players like Oregon cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, UCLA linebacker Eric Kendricks, TCU linebacker Paul Dawson are out because of injuries. Notable players like West Virginia wide receiver Kevin White, Wake Forest cornerback Kevin Johnson and Florida State wide receiver Rashad Greene are also out.

Speaking of Florida State, the Senior Bowl could have been a good showcase for Seminoles players, but four pulled out. Offensive lineman Cameron Erving, wide receiver Rashad Greene, guard Josue Matias and tight end Nick O'Leary will all be absent after initially accepting an invitation. The only Seminoles player will be guard Tre Jackson.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from NFL.com

gil_brandt-110726_65.jpg

Gil Brandt NFL.com
Shaw a coveted big DB with upside

USC's Josh Shaw probably has the most upside among Senior Bowl prospects as far as draft position goes. Everybody's looking for tall defensive backs in today's game, and at 6-foot-1 1/2, 205 pounds, Shaw has excellent size and reminds me a little of Glover Quin of the Detroit Lions because of his ability to play both cornerback and safety. Shaw came into last week's East-West Shrine Game as a bit of a question mark because of the suspension he served this past season for fabricating a story about his ankle injury, but he really presented himself well at the Shrine Game, answering every question honestly, and I don't think there should be any concerns about his character entering the draft. I'm most interested in finding out which position he'll be best suited for in the NFL. Specifically, I want to see how he fares in man coverage against the kind of talent we're going to see at the Senior Bowl. He'll get plenty of work at it this week.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Shelton - DL - Player
Washington NT Danny Shelton measured 6-foot-1 3/4 and 343 pounds at Tuesday's Senior Bowl weigh-in.

Shelton reportedly pumped his fist after the weigh-in was announced and elicited oohs and aahs from the Mobile scouting crowd. He's an absolute behemoth, drawing comparisons to Haloti Ngata from NFL Network's Mike Mayock. Shelton projects as a top-15 pick in May's draft.

Fuc fuc fuccity fuc!

So much for that. Cant see him slipping to 23 or 24 whatever pick we have.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mel had him going 12th even before the weigh in.

On the skinny side of the spectrum, he has Kevin Johnson going one spot ahead of us.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Lion

I kinda sorta felt ol Shelton was top 15... even tho it is waaaaay too early. Shelton = Clev ? kind of fits

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mel had him going 12th even before the weigh in.

On the skinny side of the spectrum, he has Kevin Johnson going one spot ahead of us.

wha ? sumptin' against skinny side of the spectrum ?

I'm kinda that.... still like those big ol girls.... sometimes, ya know.... when I have to.... outta necessity

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothin' against skinny.

But where I come from, we throw the bones to to the dogs, n keep the meat for the men.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 Senior Bowl Practice/ Notes

Wash DT Danny Shelton is looking very similar to last year's DLine standout (Aaron Donald), just a LOT bigger than the latter. He was absolutely blowing O-Linemen up. Unbelievable !

What we learned on Day One of Senior Bowl practices - NFL.com

Senior Bowl: Buzz-worthy, buzz-kill players from Day 1 - NFL.com

Mayock: T.J. Clemmings can make switch to left tackle in NFL - NFL.com

Justin Hardy among standouts from Day One at Senior Bowl - NFL.com

2015 Senior Bowl: Crowder stands tall among North team receivers - CBSSports.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...urn-qb-nick-marshall-makes-quick-switch-to-cb

keep an eye out for Fla. Atl. DB D'Joun Smith and Iowa DT Carl Davis. Smith comes in at just under 5' 11" and 183 lbs but his footwork and technique stands out. Davis isn't Shelton but he has the ability to get to the QB, stuff the run. his motor had been inconsistent during the regular season but seems to have stepped it up a notch.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin arrived at the Senior Bowl on Tuesday after a whirlwind few weeks and took part in the team's evening meetings with draft prospects.

Among others, the Lions had Tuesday night interviews scheduled with Washington nose tackle Danny Shelton, Ohio State cornerback Doran Grant, Miami (Ohio) cornerback Quinten Rollins and Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty.

South Interviews: Detroit Lions - BYU tight end Devin Mahina (SMH) trustme might like this

Detroit Lions planning for Teryl Austin's return next season

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Lion

I kinda sorta felt ol Shelton was top 15... even tho it is waaaaay too early. Shelton = Clev ? kind of fits

It sucks because earlier in the season, he was not even the top NT never mind all the DTs that were ahead of him. Apparently from your future posts, Austin had a talk with him anyway. Maybe we are thinking of trading up :noidea:. These days trading up does not cost you financially the way it used to although pick wise it would cost us a 3rd most likely. Not sure I am willing to give up any picks, but I trust Austins judgement, unlike prior years.

Crossing my fingers we keep Suh and look at OL and CB.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Donald pretty much started out the same way last year as Shelton did this year. Although, I believe Shelton has been ranked much higher earlier than Donald was at this time last year. Donald was still in the 39-45 rank, by CBS, if I'm not mistaken at this same time last year.

I was super impressed by Shelton's strength, athleticism, speed to power in what little practice video I watched.

I'd hate to give up draft picks, as I still think we need to add a couple of projected starters and depth, but it's very difficult to not like what you see rom this kid.