• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB ALL-STAR games upon us

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tpaulus_2 said:
The tail pipe of his school bus?

holy shit. every time I see/hear the words tail pipe, the first thing that comes to mind is Eddie Murphy's movie... Beverly Hills Cop....

banana in the tail pipe... that was a funny line, imo.

do NOT misconstrue thought process here

Last edited by a moderator:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T J Clemmings

Production 4 2010: (8/0) 3-1-0 *DE 2011: Redshirted2012: (8/6) 20-1-0 *DE 2013: (13/13) *ROT

Height-Weight-Speed 1 Prototypical height, weight, length and top-end speed. Has added substantial weight since getting to Pitt. Big hands.

Durability 1 Injuries didn't play role in redshirt year or limited playing time early in career to the best of our knowledge. Built well.

Intangibles 2 Son of Trevor and Fay Clemmings. Played just two seasons of high school football because mother didn't want him to play but hard worker that has come to love the game. Moved from defensive end to offensive line during bowl game prep in 2012. Majoring in administration of justice.

1 = Exceptional......2 = Above average.....3 = Average.....4 = Below average.....5 = Marginal

Pass Protection 4 Good upside but raw and a liability when left on an island at this point. Struggles with speed despite length and above average initial quickness. Fails to deliver strong initial punch and extend. Makes it too easy for edge rushers to get into frame and bend back inside. Flashes ability to reset and recover but sets high and gives too much ground to speed-to-power. Lowers eyes and gets caught flat-footed. Inconsistent footwork and is caught off balance too often. Edge rushers can cross face and beat him to inside.

Run Blocking 3 Fires off ball and generates above average initial surge. Hand placement is inconsistent yet flashes ability to shoot hands inside and steer. Does a better job of extending and keeping defenders off frame in run game. Gets to second level quickly and jolt linebackers at point. Smooth pivot and above average range when asked to pull. Quick and agile enough to develop into an effective zone blocker with improved footwork. Flashes ability to move defenders off the ball, but initial surge is better than finishing power. Doesn't roll hips on contact. Pads tend to rise. Base is good initially but quickly narrows. Leans and falls off some blocks. Can clean up angles when it comes to zone, second level and blocking down.

Awareness 3 Recognizes linebackers and defensive backs stepping up off edge in pass pro. Can pick up line stunts but can be count late reacting when defender crosses face. Above average locating and picking up linebackers when combination blocking up to second level. Appears to have some problems locating second level assignment as zone blocker. Late getting off ball at times.

Toughness 3 Aggressive run blocker that flashes ability to finish. Not a mauler though and would like to see him play with more fire in belly at times. Battles and blocks through whistle once engaged. Gears down instead of looking for someone to hit when either loses or neutralizes initial assignment.

1 = Exceptional........2 = Above average.......3 = Average......4 = Below average....5 = Marginal

T.J. Clemmings Bio - PittsburghPanthers.com - University of Pittsburgh Official Athletic Site

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guards go in the first round pretty much every year. Zach Martin went in the 1st last year and was an All Pro. The first pick of the 2nd round was also a guard. The year before was Warmack, Cooper and Kyle Long. 2012 was Decastro, like BLUE said already. 2011= Danny Watkins. 2010= Mike Iupati.

The NFL apparently doesn't agree with your statement...

Guards are fine in the second half of the first round, I would be fine with the lions drafting a guard in the first with a later first round pick. They arent worth a top ten pick. Just like ebron last year, its a gamble the lins shouldnt do given they have a top ten pick.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit. every time I see/hear the words tail pipe, the first thing that comes to mind is Eddie Murphy's movie... Beverly Hills Cop....

banana in the tail pipe... that was a funny line, imo.

do NOT misconstrue thought process here

Last week, or maybe the week before, (was drunk, either way) SNL's on and then just as its sposed to go to fake commercial, Beverely Hills Cops comes on. Right at Axle ordering Billy and Redwood dinner. Banana in the tailpipe. He goes to the wherehouse and messes around, then when the scene ends, BAM right to fake commercial.

If I didn't know better could've sworn I was on drugs again.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why that line makes me laugh so much but it does.... Rddie does it with that "ghey voice" too..banana in the tailpipe

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why that line makes me laugh so much but it does.... Rddie does it with that "ghey voice" too..banana in the tailpipe

Prolly my favorite part. :suds:

My old alt on CBS was Victor Maitland. Hahaha. All I did was quote Beverly Hills Cop. It was funny to me, not sure anyone else ever enjoyed it.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East-West Shrine Game Updates

Jeremiah: Tre McBride leads standouts from Shrine Game drills - NFL.com

» The West linebackers have looked good. Kansas' Ben Heeney has been a hit with some scouts. Michigan State's Taiwan Jones might be the most physical player in the game and has the look of an old-school middle 'backer. NFL Media analyst Charles Davis says Stanford's James Vaughters is "the best-looking cat out there" among the linebackers. And Utah State's Zach Vigil has been both vocal and active in drills and scrimmages. All of them play for the West.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayock: 5 linemen impressive in first Shrine Game practices - NFL.com

Mayock said he liked the aggressiveness of two East offensive linemen, Miami's Jonathan Feliciano and Louisville's John Miller. Feliciano (6-foot-5, 325 pounds) played guard and tackle for the Hurricanes, and showed off his versatility at both positions Monday.

Miller (6-3, 315) never redshirted and was a four-year starter for the Cardinals. Miller blocked for Atlanta Falcons rookie running back Devonta Freeman and protected Marshall quarterback Rakeem Cato as a senior at Miami's Central High in 2010. He can be a road-grader in the running game and improved as a pass protector this season.

7. There was a lot of cross-training among offensive linemen. Versatility is a big selling point for linemen, and numerous linemen were moved around Monday. Toledo's Greg Mancz was an All-MAC player at both guard and center during his college career, and played both spots Monday. Western Kentucky tackle Cam Clemmons (guard), Northwestern center Brandon Vitabile (guard), Indiana guard Collin Rahrig (center), Florida State tackle Bobby Hart (guard), West Virginia guard Mark Glowinski (tackle) and Miami guard Jon Feliciano (tackle) all played two positions. Syracuse's Sean Hickey played left tackle for the Orange this season but also lined up on the right side Monday, and his best NFL position might end up being guard.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oklahoma TE Blake Bell impressive at Shrine Game practice - NFL.com

TCU DT Chucky Hunter: Hunter enjoyed a big senior season with the Horned Frogs and helped them to a 12-1 finish. Hunter (6-1, 307) is stout in the middle and hard to root out once he gets settled in. Davis also noted his "deceptive quickness." Hunter had 9.5 tackles for loss this season and 21.5 in his final three seasons at TCU.

» The offensive line cross-training continues. Numerous offensive linemen were moved around again Tuesday. Syracuse's Sean Hickey, who started his career at right tackle for the Orange before moving to the left side, spent time at guard Tuesday for the East, and that might be his best NFL position. (Coincidentally, he moved to left tackle from right tackle after Justin Pugh left early for the NFL.) Centers David Andrews (Georgia) and Shane McDermott (Miami) saw time at guard, and massive Louisville T Jamon Brown (6-6, 328) also played some guard Tuesday. Versatility along the line is a must these days in the NFL, and showing well at two positions obviously helps a prospect.

************************************************************************************
» Kansas State C B.J. Finney has impressed. One lineman who hasn't cross-trained is Feeney, but he still has been impressive. He began his career as a walk-on at K-State and became a four-year starter. He has good size (6-4, 312), but doesn't overwhelm you with his strength or athleticism. But he is extremely proficient technically and doesn't make many mistakes. He has a high football IQ and understands angles. He looks like a third-day pick.
************************************************************************************
^^^ This kid has impressed me quite a bit the last 2 yrs. might be a good idea 2 have a back-up learning . 5th rd ? (injury issues this year 4 us, that we didn't have on the O-Line in 2013). Swanson was more than capable as a OG replacement 4 Warford, maybe he's also a possible replacement for Sims. Plus, former tOSU OC Cory Linsley, a 5th rd pick for the Packers last year, performed pretty well for them right out of the gate after their starting OC was lost for the year, due to season ending injury.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing more than another writer's opinion, I guess... Tim Twentyman's

DRAFT: Expect the Lions to be players early in the draft when it comes to addressing the offensive line. How much they'll need to address it certainly depends on what happens in free agency, but I’d expect them to select a guard and a tackle in the draft. The Lions need more talent and depth upfront.
Martin Mayhew and Co. are drafting 23rd this year. The last time they drafted at 23 they selected tackle Riley Reiff in 2012.

That’s also a good spot to get great value on a guard, if the grade ends up fitting the position. We’ll see how things shake out at the NFL Scouting Combine and pro days on that front, but A.J. Cann (South Carolina), Josue Matias (Florida State) and Jarvis Harrison (Texas A&M) are currently the top-ranked guards, according to ESPN.com.
2014 Position Breakdown: Offensive line

BB_72; I'll add in another tid-bit that Twentyman didn't discuss. There are quite a few College OT's coming into this draft, that may very well be better suited inside at OG than either OT spot. This is purely speculation on my part, obviously, but some of the pundits have most of these college LT's projected either at RT or as a OG.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Cam Thomas playing in any AS games? (Not the steelers with herpes, the Hilltopper.)

Thought Id swing the CB draftee talk ovuh hyah.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty, I never saw his name come up on the actual roster, but he's another small school CB that I like quite. Thomas, Tulane's Lorenzo Doss and really watch out for Florida Atlantics D'Joun Smith... Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe he had an invite to the Senior Bowl then had an injury. I read the Mobile Press Register quite a bit and had thought Phil Savage extended an initial invite.

D'Joun Smith Bio - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site

Lorenzo Doss Bio - Tulane University Official Athletic Site

Cam Thomas Bio - Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers Official Athletic Site

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C B.J. Finney, Kansas State (6-4, 324)
The interior line play this week was very inconsistent, but Finney stood out consistently during drills and held up well in one-on-one's. He was quick to engage and square his target, using proper mechanics and leverage to shield defenders from the pocket. As a former walk-on, Finney has the toughness, competitive appetite and strong intangibles, both on and off the field, that NFL coaches covet. Finney has nimble feet and gets every ounce of power out of his body, rarely making mistakes, but he also doesn't have a lot of physical traits to get excited about. Nonetheless, he has surpassed expectations at every level he's played and that likely won't stop once he gets to the NFL.

MLB Taiwan Jones, Michigan State (6-3, 258)
Considered the top linebacker prospect on the Shrine Game rosters by several NFL scouts, Jones is an aggressive thumper who enjoys contact and brings violence to the field. His physical presence stood out on the practice field, laying the lumber on several occasions and drawing “ooh's” and “ahh's” from the crowd. Jones will struggle at times with his feel in coverage, but he displayed better than expected range to compliment his pursuit speed to both sidelines. He's at his best when the play is in front of him and he can use his aggressive downhill angles to make stops at or behind the line of scrimmage, striking and punishing the ballcarrier at the point of attack.

CB Damian Swann, Georgia (6-0, 180)
Although his tape has a lot of ups and downs, Swann showed the foot quickness and high level of competitiveness during Shrine Game practices that will give him a shot in the NFL. He tends to play overanxious at times, but his click-and-close ability to drive and blow up plays is a terrific asset for the position. Swann doesn't have an ideal body type for the position with lean-muscled bulk, but he's tough and feisty to work through blocks and make wideouts uncomfortable. After playing a similar role as Brandon Boykin at Georgia, look for Swann to compete for a nickel position at the next level.

2015 Shrine Game: Five prospects who created buzz among NFL scouts - CBSSports.com

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncosmitty said:
Is Cam Thomas playing in any AS games? (Not the steelers with herpes, the Hilltopper.)

Thought Id swing the CB draftee talk ovuh hyah.

Smitty, Cam Thomas IS ON the East-West Shrine Game Roster, East Squad

I have absolutely no clue as to how I missed him. :L

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB_72; I'll add in another tid-bit that Twentyman didn't discuss. There are quite a few College OT's coming into this draft, that may very well be better suited inside at OG than either OT spot. This is purely speculation on my part, obviously, but some of the pundits have most of these college LT's projected either at RT or as a OG.

That is what I am talking about. I'd rather get a talented OT and just kick him into LG than draft a guy WHO CAN ONLY PLAY GUARD. I am personally hoping Brandon Scherff from Iowa falls to us at #23. Ala Riley Reiff. Scherff next to Reiff on the left side of the line with Swanson at C. That would make a young and talented left side to go alone with Warford and Waddle on the right.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty, Cam Thomas IS ON the East-West Shrine Game Roster, East Squad

I have absolutely no clue as to how I missed him. :L

Sweet!

I could only find a couple articles on him since mid season..... One described him as " very Seahawky" and "LOB worthy". I took that as a good thing.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzz just might decline that bone "very Seahawky".... a rebuttal could possibly be "if Cam Thomas was Seahawky good", then why wasn't he invited to the Senior Bowl.....