• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VIKINGS DRAFT CHEAT SHEET (final version)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zim loves guys that won't see the field for a couple of years.

That’s what having an elite D does tho. We have guys in place now. But we need more ready.

Newman is currently the best option beyond Rhodes and the guy is like 40.

Waynes will have his 5th year option next year and neither him nor Alexander have proven jack shit.

We need OL. But there wasn’t much to take right there so we filled another long term need.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what having an elite D does tho. We have guys in place now. But we need more ready.

Newman is currently the best option beyond Rhodes and the guy is like 40.

Waynes will have his 5th year option next year and neither him nor Alexander have proven jack shit.

We need OL. But there wasn’t much to take right there so we filled another long term need.

Feels to me like a Waynes sequel.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waynes played pretty well last year overall, I'm happy with him, but they might let him walk after 5th year money wise

Alexander needs to step up

You can't reach for an OL just because it's the biggest need. SOunds like they really wanted Ragnow but didn't want to move that high to get him

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hard to be equally as poor

And Waynes went top 15.

He's described as "raw", I don't like that in a first round pick. It doesn't matter to me that Waynes was top 15 and this kid is number 30, a first round pick is a first round pick. I'd like to get a player that makes an immediate impact..a future franchise QB might be the exception.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's described as "raw", I don't like that in a first round pick. It doesn't matter to me that Waynes was top 15 and this kid is number 30, a first round pick is a first round pick. I'd like to get a player that makes an immediate impact..a future franchise QB might be the exception.

We just signed a QB, and you're already looking for another? :gaah:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some pretty decent offensive linemen in this draft, I would say chances are pretty good that's what we do with the second pick. I like taking a corner first, I just wish it had been Josh Jackson.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But most are not describing him as that raw. Sure raw, but again it’s for the future.

And he will play this year. It might just be special teams but the kid is a player.

Who did you want? There wasn’t really an OL option for the 1st round. Hernandez doesn’t fit what we want and he was passed by teams other then us.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But most are not describing him as that raw. Sure raw, but again it’s for the future.

And he will play this year. It might just be special teams but the kid is a player.

Who did you want? There wasn’t really an OL option for the 1st round. Hernandez doesn’t fit what we want and he was passed by teams other then us.

I would like to have picked Hernandez, he'd bring a much needed attitude to the line, Hurst was another option. If neither fits the schemes, at least go BPA,which I don't think Hughes fit's the bill.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to have picked Hernandez, he'd bring a much needed attitude to the line, Hurst was another option. If neither fits the schemes, at least go BPA,which I don't think Hughes fit's the bill.

I see several teams have removed Hurst from their board because of the heart condition. I thought he was cleared to play.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with fknhippie on this one. I haven't been following this draft super closely, but I do know that we didn't need another CB who is considered unlikely to do anything outside of special teams for awhile. Add in the potential heart condition issue, and Hurst looks like a high risk, low reward pick.

If they saw an O-linemen they loved a bit ahead of their pick, they should have bitten the bullet and traded up to get him. Or they could have just traded down to add another pick or two and gone straight BPA this draft.

=SA=

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zim loves guys that won't see the field for a couple of years.

Not only that Bro, all the O-Linemen are coming off the board before our 2nd round pick. Hernandez is going to be an all pro for years. Zimmerman took advantage of our young offensive coordinator. We already had the top defense. Now we spend 28 million on a QB, can't protect him and GB loads up on CB's to stop him.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that Bro, all the O-Linemen are coming off the board before our 2nd round pick. Hernandez is going to be an all pro for years. Zimmerman took advantage of our young offensive coordinator. We already had the top defense. Now we spend 28 million on a QB, can't protect him and GB loads up on CB's to stop him.

Hernandez does not fit our offense.

It’s really that simple.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with fknhippie on this one. I haven't been following this draft super closely, but I do know that we didn't need another CB who is considered unlikely to do anything outside of special teams for awhile. Add in the potential heart condition issue, and Hurst looks like a high risk, low reward pick.

If they saw an O-linemen they loved a bit ahead of their pick, they should have bitten the bullet and traded up to get him. Or they could have just traded down to add another pick or two and gone straight BPA this draft.

Heart condition? Wrong player homey....

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone knows that teams don't all use the same blocking scheme...

Not everyone knows that when a new OC takes over the offense, the blocking scheme might change.

I'd hate to have a guard that is considered a road grater and opens holes for an RB.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck yea, got an OL that can't move anyone at the point of attack...Nice pick.

Good thing we were so competitive in the NFC championship game that we don't need to worry about improving.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Spielman traded out of the third to garner an extra pick. Quantity over quality I always say.