• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '20'21 - The Young and the Restless

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gotta make a move. I get that Tatum and Brown are still quite young but they're wasting all those resources they had with middling draft picks instead of acquiring the talent to put them over the top
Part of it was bad luck.

the kings overachieved the wrong year and then Memphis with some grade a bs got Morant.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That had to be a frustrating one yesterday for Cs fans. Pels D will and should get some credit but I saw a number of wide open misses from 3, especially in late 4th and OT.

Just one game, though.

You're damn right that game was frustrating yesterday. But I agree with @Stakesarehigh. Time for the Celtics do to something with the roster.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of it was bad luck.

the kings overachieved the wrong year and then Memphis with some grade a bs got Morant.

I get banking on getting another young star to keep payroll low but at some point you gotta make a move if it isn't working

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of it was bad luck.

Luck plays a huge role, sure. Lottery luck helped my team win a title (Lebron, Kyrie and even Wiggins). Last couple years cost us bigtime finishing bottom 2 and picking 5th. I like Garland and too early on Okoro......but I like Zion/Morant or Ball more.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get banking on getting another young star to keep payroll low but at some point you gotta make a move if it isn't working

who is available now? They missed their window

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck plays a huge role, sure. Lottery luck helped my team win a title (Lebron, Kyrie and even Wiggins). Last couple years cost us bigtime finishing bottom 2 and picking 5th. I like Garland and too early on Okoro......but I like Zion/Morant or Ball more.

How you like Jarrett Allen, will he be a reliable C for your Cavs?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... the C's currently have a losing record...

:whistle:

Technically, it's "just" the regular season and there is still plenty of time to turn things around...

... that said: we look like, walk like and talk like a fringe playoff team that would likely get bounced in the 1st round.

Maybe the pieces of this team just don't fit. We got too many guys whose strength is "ISO ball"... not enough flow on offense... and (sadly) not enough consistent effort/focus on defense.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... the C's currently have a losing record...

:whistle:

Technically, it's "just" the regular season and there is still plenty of time to turn things around...

... that said: we look like, walk like and talk like a fringe playoff team that would likely get bounced in the 1st round.

Maybe the pieces of this team just don't fit. We got too many guys whose strength is "ISO ball"... not enough flow on offense... and (sadly) not enough consistent effort/focus on defense.

hiw many games has the entire core been healthy

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hiw many games has the entire core been healthy
If we count Marcus Smart as the core, and we probably should... somewhere between 0 and 2 games, if I had to guess.

Still... I don't think we can write off the play we're seeing... especially the recent woes.

The offense is clunky, the effort is suspect.

We look like a mediocre, uninspired team.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we count Marcus Smart as the core, and we probably should... somewhere between 0 and 2 games, if I had to guess.

Still... I don't think we can write off the play we're seeing... especially the recent woes.

I don’t think they are perfect. But no one wants to be the 3 facing then at full strength

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they are perfect. But no one wants to be the 3 facing then at full strength
Maybe.

I am reminded of the Kyrie-led Celtics team from not too long ago... they had an up-and-down regular season where they clearly didn't always play to their potential... but most people said they would be dangerous come the playoffs, there's just too much talent there.

We ran the Pacers off the court in the 1st round, swept them... problem solved, apparently... light switch flipped.

Then... we got smoked by Milwaukee in the 2nd round. The old problems that plagued us in the regular season re-surfaced with a vengenence.

------------

Simply put: our team isn't good enough that we can just "flip the switch" and make flaws disappear. Rather, we have to play the game the right way in order to be the "dangerous" team that we keep hearing about. (!)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to admit until someone else mentioned it I had no idea they were now under .500. Yikes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say so. Not a star, but will be good to very good.

Not all that fimilar with his game. But I agree with you. Not a star, but productive. Looked at his career numbers in Brooklyn (234 games played & 180 starts). Solid FG% and for a C decent FT% (.701). With more minutes maybe he can be a double/double guy for Cavs. Seems to be an okay shot blocker too (career high 1.8 this season).

The Cavs aren't my # 1 team. But I always want to see them do well. Hope they can start turning the corner sooner rather than later.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

I am reminded of the Kyrie-led Celtics team from not too long ago... they had an up-and-down regular season where they clearly didn't always play to their potential... but most people said they would be dangerous come the playoffs, there's just too much talent there.

We ran the Pacers off the court in the 1st round, swept them... problem solved, apparently... light switch flipped.

Then... we got smoked by Milwaukee in the 2nd round. The old problems that plagued us in the regular season re-surfaced with a vengenence.

------------

Simply put: our team isn't good enough that we can just "flip the switch" and make flaws disappear. Rather, we have to play the game the right way in order to be the "dangerous" team that we keep hearing about. (!)

this isn’t a flip switch thing when it hasn’t been at full strength

that said reinforcements are fun and needed.

but it’s the wrong year. Not much is out there

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

------------

That series against the Bucks was a tough one to watch. And Kyrie played some of the worst basketball of his career. His numbers.

12-21 (2-5 from downtown)
4-18 (1-5)
8-22 (2-8)
7-22 (1-7)
6-21 (1-7)

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That series against the Bucks was a tough one to watch. And Kyrie played some of the worst basketball of his career. His numbers.

12-21 (2-5 from downtown)
4-18 (1-5)
8-22 (2-8)
7-22 (1-7)
6-21 (1-7)
Kyrie gave up on the team that series... you could see it in his body language, you could see it in his eyes.

The going got tough, and the dude just flat laid down and died.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all that fimilar with his game. But I agree with you. Not a star, but productive. Looked at his career numbers in Brooklyn (234 games played & 180 starts). Solid FG% and for a C decent FT% (.701). With more minutes maybe he can be a double/double guy for Cavs. Seems to be an okay shot blocker too (career high 1.8 this season).

The Cavs aren't my # 1 team. But I always want to see them do well. Hope they can start turning the corner sooner rather than later.
also unlike the guy he replaced he knows his role and doesn't seem to care if he does not get shots. Only 22, as well.

To ever get back to contender in East next draft is make or break. Doubt they will be bad enough for a while to get a very high pick. Thinking without a top pick in next draft we are resigned to being where no team should want to be....fringe playoff team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie gave up on the team that series... you could see it in his body language, you could see it in his eyes.

The going got tough, and the dude just flat laid down and died.

Totally agree. Was going to say something like that. He had an issue with Cavs and wanted out. He had an issue with the Celtics and wanted out. And I see no reason why he won't have another episode like that with the Nets. It's all about him. Not about the team.