• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '20'21 - The Young and the Restless

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured RWIII was starting at the 5... with Horford more of a hybrid big back-up that often plays the 4.

he shouldnt play the 4 much.
If he could he’s still in Philly

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he shouldnt play the 4 much.
If he could he’s still in Philly
Yet Horford was decent at the 4 in Boston and then again in OKC (small sample size, admittedly).

Maybe that Philly situation was just a bad, particular year/situation.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Horford was decent at the 4 in Boston and then again in OKC (small sample size, admittedly).

he’ll play the 4 against giannis.

but he’s also basically been the best embiid defender on the planet

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His shooting percentage really dropped is one reason for the failure at 4 in Philly. But another difference is that Boston didn’t have a 5 that played alongside him that drew double teams and was the engine of the offense like Embiid is. The Boston 4 5 pairing was with Baynes whose value on offense was spacing the floor and his ability to knock down Corner 3s and the like. This gave Horford a two way go at the 4 to take advantage of the defense. If his cover sagged, he could shoot the J. If they took the J away it was put in the floor and get to the rim. Embiid’s presence made it a one way go. They would give him the jumper because the cover needed to sag to help double on Embiid.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an updated (and totally unofficial) depth chart... just the best I can piece together after the moving pieces from the end of last season to now:

PG (1) - Marcus Smart, Payton Pritchard, Kris Dunn, Tremont Waters, Yam Madar

SG (2) - Josh Richardson, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Aaron Nesmith, Romeo Langford, Carsen Edwards

SF (3) - Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Aaron Nesmith, Romeo Langford, Grant Williams

PF (4) - Jayson Tatum, Al Horford, Jabari Parker, Grant Williams, Bruno Fernando

C (5) - Robert Williams III, Al Horford, Enes Kanter, Grant Williams, Tacko Fall

--------------

This is a good/strong/playoff team, but not a top contender for a Championship. I do like the potential for very strong defense.

We really need a(n) Aaron Nesmith or Romeo Langford to step up this year.

Grant Williams appears to be the new Semi Ojeleye... which is pretty "meh".

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an updated (and totally unofficial) depth chart... just the best I can piece together after the moving pieces from the end of last season to now:

PG (1) - Marcus Smart, Payton Pritchard, Kris Dunn, Tremont Waters, Yam Madar

SG (2) - Josh Richardson, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Aaron Nesmith, Romeo Langford, Carsen Edwards

SF (3) - Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Aaron Nesmith, Romeo Langford, Grant Williams

PF (4) - Jayson Tatum, Al Horford, Jabari Parker, Grant Williams, Bruno Fernando

C (5) - Robert Williams III, Al Horford, Enes Kanter, Grant Williams, Tacko Fall

--------------

This is a good/strong/playoff team, but not a top contender for a Championship. I do like the potential for very strong defense.

We really need a(n) Aaron Nesmith or Romeo Langford to step up this year.

Grant Williams appears to be the new Semi Ojeleye... which is pretty "meh".
Milsap for 1 year at the small mle is a good fit.

they something like a stretch 4.

also should cut Parker unleee he’s being tied to Dunn to match with a bigger salary. He’s trash.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milsap for 1 year at the small mle is a good fit.

they something like a stretch 4.

also should cut Parker unleee he’s being tied to Dunn to match with a bigger salary. He’s trash.
Surprised to see the comment on Parker. I had read that he was giving Boston good minutes off the bench last year. No?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised to see the comment on Parker. I had read that he was giving Boston good minutes off the bench last year. No?
It was 10 games

maybe they think they can rehab him?

he’s around replacement level

He was also abysmal his brief stint in sac

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 10 games

maybe they think they can rehab him?

he’s around replacement level

He was also abysmal his brief stint in sac
I really thought that cat was going to be good. He’s had some bad injury luck but overall has been very disappointing

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought that cat was going to be good. He’s had some bad injury luck but overall has been very disappointing

I was never a fan.

I thought that draft was overhyped and embiid was the slam dunk number one if not for his medicals

the tier after that in that draft I did less good at lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a fan.

I thought that draft was overhyped and embiid was the slam dunk number one if not for his medicals

the tier after that in that draft I did less good at lol
I don’t know about you but I always cringe when the Sixers sign or draft a Dookie. Those guys have a real high whiff rate at attaining their established by conventional wisdom “potential” as prospects. There are exceptions to the rule but it seems like for every Zion there’s three Jah Okafors and Justise Winslow’s.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, using the mle on kanter less than a year after you used a first to dump his useless ass is…..a choice you could make

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about you but I always cringe when the Sixers sign or draft a Dookie. Those guys have a real high whiff rate at attaining their established by conventional wisdom “potential” as prospects. There are exceptions to the rule but it seems like for every Zion there’s three Jah Okafors and Justise Winslow’s.

I will eat that I liked Winslow.

Zion was a generational talent. Like grant hill.

guys like that are not subject to the dookie curse

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will eat that I liked Winslow.

Zion was a generational talent. Like grant hill.

guys like that are not subject to the dookie curse

I'm a bit surprised that Winslow has tanked. I thought he would at least be a solid NBA defender with some play making ability.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated (unofficial) depth chart:

PG (1) - Marcus Smart, Dennis Schroder, Payton Pritchard, Kris Dunn, Tremont Waters, Yam Madar

----------

Still not a top Championship contender... but after the Schroder addition this team is a lot more well-rounded... big boost to our bench scoring/offense there.

If Schroder is coming off the bench, he is an instant 6th man of the year candidate.

I kinda like this team.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fall and waters are fas

the Celtics did not tender qualifying offers

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated (unofficial) depth chart:

PG (1) - Marcus Smart, Dennis Schroder, Payton Pritchard, Kris Dunn, Tremont Waters, Yam Madar

----------

Still not a top Championship contender... but after the Schroder addition this team is a lot more well-rounded... big boost to our bench scoring/offense there.

If Schroder is coming off the bench, he is an instant 6th man of the year candidate.

I kinda like this team.
Gotta say that Brad has protected his CAP space well and added some decent depth. Schroeder for that price is a steal. I don’t get it

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say that Brad has protected his CAP space well and added some decent depth. Schroeder for that price is a steal. I don’t get it
Keep the cap space for beal.

or die trying