• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS Pete Prisco: The Cardinals will not draft Murray

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins, to me, is similar to Mitch a couple years ago. He will need time to grow into his spot. Which used to be normal.

QB speed isn't much of a big deal to me.

I agree. Let him sit for 2 years behind a veteran, he needs it imo

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first Haskins to the Giants. Now it's Daniel Jones to Giants. If they love one of those guys they probably go QB. A lot of great defensive talent up there to choose from though.
I'm all for QBs going off the board early.

Unless we trade Staff. Then we better get Haskins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shut your whore mouth!!

Yeah honestly never liked Rosen and a trade is the right thing if they don't like him, but maybe they give him another chance. A lot of ways to improve their defense, which wasn't very good.

Yeah, Haskins is dropping. He has the best traits for a QB, goes through progressions, big body type, strong arm and accuracy, etc. but it seems like we are getting into the age where all teams want are athletic QB's. They were criticizing his athleticism and 40 time. I mean if you look at most of the best QB's of all-time they weren't athletic or speedsters. Times have changed for sure.
Picking Murray and not trading Rosen is definitely not ideal...nor is admitting they made a mistake (if they think they did) but even worse is NOT taking a guy you think is better simply to save face for the time being.

Only thing I can come up with is maybe smoke and mirrors on him dropping?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass too. I just can't see how they are better off with Murray than both of Rosen and Bosa (or whomever). I like Rosen better than Murray straight up - I also accept that most won't agree with me on that...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking Murray and not trading Rosen is definitely not ideal...nor is admitting they made a mistake (if they think they did) but even worse is NOT taking a guy you think is better simply to save face for the time being.

Only thing I can come up with is maybe smoke and mirrors on him dropping?

Who knows at this point. Mixed feelings on Murray. I think he can definitely succeed in the NFL but not a huge fan of him. Either way, huge risk for the Cards.
If Murray works out, all forgotten. If they trade Rosen and pick Murray and he doesn't workout and/or Rosen ends up being good. It's a shitstorm. That's why I say, he better not just be the same as Rosen, he better be a sure thing for the Cards imo. At least that's how I would look at it. At this point, we can only watch and see how it turns out.
I personally hope there is a ton of trades early in this draft. Browns fans can sit back and watch the fun...for once.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably could. Lol

I don't know what the Giants are trying to do. And I'm just gonna let Prisco do the guessing there.
ESPN comment kind of meant to be funny but I really do believe it's true. Not all, but most fans are clueless. Including myself here......we don't watch any film, never talk to a player or his coaches, don't watch film with the player. No way we could know who the better players are. Especially QBs. Guys who are paid a shit ton of money miss on QBs all the time. How could we know?

But many think they know. again, I know this isn't everyone, but it is most.....my favorite are the fans who hear things others say and parrot the comments like they really notice these things. "His pad level is an issue"........."I worry about his feet in the pocket".........."His hips are an issue", etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass too. I just can't see how they are better off with Murray than both of Rosen and Bosa (or whomever). I like Rosen better than Murray straight up - I also accept that most won't agree with me on that...
Based on my earlier comments I'm sure many will disagree, but they don't know. All that really matters is what AZ thinks. They should end the draft with the QB they like the best, no matter who it is. Rosen, Haskins, Murray, etc.

Said the same when my team was picking. Based on what I had heard I was thinking Darnold, but just wanted them to pick the QB THEY thought was the best....didn't care which one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows at this point. Mixed feelings on Murray. I think he can definitely succeed in the NFL but not a huge fan of him. Either way, huge risk for the Cards.
If Murray works out, all forgotten. If they trade Rosen and pick Murray and he doesn't workout and/or Rosen ends up being good. It's a shitstorm. That's why I say, he better not just be the same as Rosen, he better be a sure thing for the Cards imo. At least that's how I would look at it. At this point, we can only watch and see how it turns out.
I personally hope there is a ton of trades early in this draft. Browns fans can sit back and watch the fun...for once.
No doubt they need to get it right as if they miss guys will end up losing jobs.

Last comment is so true. Have said many times I am so glad we don't have to worry about the QBs this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN comment kind of meant to be funny but I really do believe it's true. Not all, but most fans are clueless. Including myself here......we don't watch any film, never talk to a player or his coaches, don't watch film with the player. No way we could know who the better players are. Especially QBs. Guys who are paid a shit ton of money miss on QBs all the time. How could we know?

But many think they know. again, I know this isn't everyone, but it is most.....my favorite are the fans who hear things others say and parrot the comments like they really notice these things. "His pad level is an issue"........."I worry about his feet in the pocket".........."His hips are an issue", etc.
I don't believe talent evaluation is as difficult as many GMs make it seem. You and I could've drafted just as well for Detroit and Cleveland most years. Zero doubt for me on that.

With you on the personal stuff. Opinions without first hand knowledge of what the person is like are kinda crapshoots.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Let him sit for 2 years behind a veteran, he needs it imo
Probably what you'd want in an ideal world. Problem is most QBs taken early go to teams where the QB in place is average at best.

I'm one who doesn't buy that a QB can be ruined by playing him. Only exceptions I can think of are Couch and maybe Carr. But they were physically ruined. Not mentally.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe talent evaluation is as difficult as many GMs make it seem. You and I could've drafted just as well for Detroit and Cleveland most years. Zero doubt for me on that.

With you on the personal stuff. Opinions without first hand knowledge of what the person is like are kinda crapshoots.
I do agree we might have done better for the Browns. For sure pre-2016. But it wouldn't be because we knew anything. We'd have just gone but what so-called other experts said. As you seemed to agree, no way to really know without talking to a guy...or especially watching film with him if it's a QB.

And make no mistake, though many will deny it, there were many Browns' fans who wanted Brady Quinn and Manziel. some wanted them with the top 5 picks we had those years. Few wanted Mack at the time, and my guess is if they stood pat most Browns' fans would have taken Sammy Watkins.

don't know enough about recent Detroit drafts off the top of my head....but do recall those Millen drafts. Yikes.

I would add I think where too many get in trouble is not trusting what they see on film.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree we might have done better for the Browns. For sure pre-2016. But it wouldn't be because we knew anything. We'd have just gone but what so-called other experts said. As you seemed to agree, no way to really know without talking to a guy...or especially watching film with him if it's a QB.

And make no mistake, though many will deny it, there were many Browns' fans who wanted Brady Quinn and Manziel. some wanted them with the top 5 picks we had those years. Few wanted Mack at the time, and my guess is if they stood pat most Browns' fans would have taken Sammy Watkins.

don't know enough about recent Detroit drafts off the top of my head....but do recall those Millen drafts. Yikes.

I would add I think where too many get in trouble is not trusting what they see on film.
With access to speak with players, I'd draft a lot like Millen did.

Hardworking guys who like to hit and may not be any good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was curious and looked back at Prisco's 2018 NFL Mock Draft. I think this was his final one on 4.6.18

1. Josh Allen - Browns (fart noise)
2. Josh Rosen - Bills trade up (fart noise)
3. Sam Darnold - Jets (nice job)
4. Saquon Barkley - Browns
5. Baker Mayfield - Broncos
6. Bradley Chubb - Colts
7. Quenton Nelson - Bucs
8. Leighton Vander Esch - Bears
9. Marcus Davenport - 49ers
10. Roquan Smith - Raiders

He had Allen and Rosen going 1 and 2. Says all you need to know but maybe he gets this one right

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I have come to accept my football IQ sucks. So there's that

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I have come to accept my football IQ sucks. So there's that
Same with most. Only difference is you'll admit it (when it comes to judging college players). Most fans have no clue.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has been so 100% sure for so long that Murray was going to Arizona that I don't think any other teams have done that much looking into him. Wonder how far he would fall if any of this turned out to be true.