• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS Pete Prisco: The Cardinals will not draft Murray

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh don't get me started I have never liked Rosen but they seem to like him and never gave him a chance.
Well, he did suck for the majority of a season.

Slightly less time than it took tBrowns to move on from Kizer. Who I was huge on coming into the draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he did suck for the majority of a season.

Slightly less time than it took tBrowns to move on from Kizer. Who I was huge on coming into the draft.

But I mean Kizer is what Kizer was. He was a late 2nd rounder. The Cards moved up for Rosen and they had the worst OL in the NFL. I am not a fan of him but still you move up and take him then take a QB #1 the next year. That is a recipe for disaster in an organization. Especially after the new HC saying, "Rosen is our guy"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the thing, Murray isn't close to a sure thing. So basically if they don't trade Rosen that means.

1. They will have traded up to get "their guy" last year and still have him on the roster to compete for the starting job.
2. Then you get another QB #1 the next year, to also compete for a starting job, when you have better defensive players OTB.

If this was a Luck-like QB prospect, I would agree, but since he isn't...this makes zero sense.
Ok, but you are thinking like a fan who has probably not seen one second of actual game film, talked to Murray, nor watched film with him to see what he knows.

NO QB is a sure thing but IF they feel very confident in him you need to take him. Not many thought Baker was even close to a sure thing, but I bet Dorsey was very confident he was.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I mean Kizer is what Kizer was. He was a late 2nd rounder. The Cards moved up for Rosen and they had the worst OL in the NFL. I am not a fan of him but still you move up and take him then take a QB #1 the next year. That is a recipe for disaster in an organization. Especially after the new HC saying, "Rosen is our guy"
Egh, he's not their guy though.

Kizer wasn't your guy. Johnny wasn't your guy. Jake Locker wasn't TNs guy. Hell, Hackenberg never even took a snap.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but you are thinking like a fan who has probably not seen one second of actual game film, talked to Murray, nor watched film with him to see what he knows.

NO QB is a sure thing but IF they feel very confident in him you need to take him. Not many thought Baker was even close to a sure thing, but I bet Dorsey was very confident he was.

But the point is...you HAVE a QB that they feel confident about. The new HC said, "Rosen is our guy". So yeah taking a QB makes no sense.

Completely different situation for the Browns last year. They NEEDED a franchise QB and didn't have any options. The Cardinals have a guy they already drafted high and obviously like a lot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, why not give the guy a shot. I understand they have a new HC and all that but he hasn't been given a legitimate shot.

Zero shot they take Murray without trading Rosen though imo
and they might do this, but we have no clue what they think about Murray (or Rosen). Yes, he was picked much later but at one time Kizer was thought to have a chance to go #1. One could say he didn't exactly have any weapons and wasn't given much of a shot either.

This is QB....you do not pass up a guy you like better than the one you have, especially if you aren't sold on the one you have. IF that's the case for them it's a no-brainer to take Murray. Sure, better to also move Rosen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Egh, he's not their guy though.

Kizer wasn't your guy. Johnny wasn't your guy. Jake Locker wasn't TNs guy. Hell, Hackenberg never even took a snap.

He is not? They traded up to get him last year LOL We might not think he is but doesn't really matter.

It is WAY different trading up to get a guy in the top 10 then drafting a suitable QB late in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round LOL their is no comparison.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might not take Murray but I don't believe Pete Prisco has accurate knowledge to that fact.

No front office of any team with decision makers in the know are going to tell Pete Prisco or anyone else what they actually plan on doing with the pick. Any definitive information at this point in the process is purposely planted by the teams to misdirect.

We saw the Browns do it last year with their #1 overall pick. At one point they were going to pick every top prospect and ultimately the one most linked to them was who they took.

Right now I'd say the Cardinals are throwing a hail mary to try to spook the 9ers into trading up a spot. That's why you're hearing Bosa and Q Williams talk about going number 1 because those are the two guys the 9ers are likely to take with #2.
Exactly, and it amazes me how fans forget this every year. These reporters and so-called insiders can just make shit up if they want. There is no accountability.

If they are right, they pat themselves on the back. If not, few will remember.

I can't recall who it was (shefter, maybe) who day of the draft doubled down and said he was 1005 sure Browns were taking Trubisky #1.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they might do this, but we have no clue what they think about Murray (or Rosen). Yes, he was picked much later but at one time Kizer was thought to have a chance to go #1. One could say he didn't exactly have any weapons and wasn't given much of a shot either.

This is QB....you do not pass up a guy you like better than the one you have, especially if you aren't sold on the one you have. IF that's the case for them it's a no-brainer to take Murray. Sure, better to also move Rosen.

Yeah IF that is the case. But what we do know is the HC saying, "Rosen is our guy" and if they do select Murray it doesn't look good. So that's what we know and that's why I say, it makes no sense to take Murray at 1. You are acting like they think Rosen is a bust when that is obviously not the case.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger disaster is thinking he's better than your guy, not taking him, and seeing him flourish elsewhere.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not? They traded up to get him last year LOL We might not think he is but doesn't really matter.

It is WAY different trading up to get a guy in the top 10 then drafting a suitable QB late in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round LOL their is no comparison.
Guys who aren't going to be leading you to the playoffs can be drafted anywhere.

Imo it's best to move on quickly.

Don't think Kliff would've been hired away from his USC OC duties if Rosen was their guy. I don't know how many QBs earned their franchise the number #1, while staying with the franchise the following season. But it can't be many.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the point is...you HAVE a QB that they feel confident about. The new HC said, "Rosen is our guy". So yeah taking a QB makes no sense.

Completely different situation for the Browns last year. They NEEDED a franchise QB and didn't have any options. The Cardinals have a guy they already drafted high and obviously like a lot.
what would you want the HC to say if asked about Rosen? "Eh, he's OK. He's here so I have no choice".

Not exactly the best way to get top value in trade is it? How do you know he feels confident in him, just because he said so?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver traded up to get Paxton Lynch. If there was a stud they liked in the next draft they had to pass him up? Teams trade up and make mistakes. Browns traded up to get Manziel and Quinn. say what ya will with hindsight, but many had those guys going top 10. Perhaps even top 5. If they picked #1 the next year and a stud was there they loved, they had to pass?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah IF that is the case. But what we do know is the HC saying, "Rosen is our guy" and if they do select Murray it doesn't look good. So that's what we know and that's why I say, it makes no sense to take Murray at 1. You are acting like they think Rosen is a bust when that is obviously not the case.
and you are acting like we have a clue what they think of Rosen. Seriously, if they didn't like him you think they'd say so?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh don't get me started I have never liked Rosen but they seem to like him and never gave him a chance.
Maybe at tone time they did, but you don't know what they think after having him a season. And please not the "but they said he's their guy" answer, as if he wasn't they would not say so.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Cardinals I don't draft Murray at all. I think he's going to bust.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Cardinals I don't draft Murray at all. I think he's going to bust.
And he might, but my guess is this assumption is over seeing him play maybe a handful of games? watching no game film of him, nor ever speaking to him.