• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS Eagles Draft

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this. What do you "experts" think?

1 25 to Cincinnati
2 42 G Chris Lindstrom, Boston College from CIN*
2 53 FS Juan Thornhill, Virgnia from BAL
2 57 to New York Jets
3 68 WR Miles Boykin, Notre Dame from NYJ*
4 127 DT Greg Gaines, Washington
4 138 to Detroit
5 146 OT Dennis Daley, South Carolina from DET*
5 163 RB James Williams, Washington State
6 197 C Hjalte Froholdt, Arkansas
6 198 OLB Porter Gustin, USC from CIN*
7 224 WR Alex Wesley, Northern Colorado from DET*

ILB Darron Lee (from NY Jets)
The Eagles have the option of trading up to the 13-15 range and getting one of the top two LBs thanks to their extra second-round pick, but when both are off the board in the first 11 selections, they reverse course and move down to allow Cincinnati to come up for a quarterback. The move nets the Eagles No. 42 plus a sixth-rounder and a 2020 second-rounder as they again build draft capital in a future class.

With their new first pick, the team selected Lindstrom, a plug-and-play guard who can step right in between Jason Peters and Jason Kelce. Thornhill is an excellent free safety prospect who might also be able to play corner. No. 53 should be a great spot of the draft to find secondary talent. The team uses its other second-round pick to trade back 11 spots and pick up Lee, a middle linebacker who has fallen out of favor in New York, before using the early third-round pick on Boykin, who tested through the roof at the combine and has future No. 1 receiver potential even if he's not one of the most touted WR prospects in this class.

After adding some depth at defensive tackle with the beefy Gaines, the Eagles trade back a few spots for an extra late pick, then take a developmental tackle in Daley as insurance for Peters. Williams is an excellent receiving back who can fill the Darren Sproles role and should serve as a good complement to Jordan Howard. Froholdt is another developmental lineman who can back up Kelce, Gustin is an edge rusher who I might try as a strongside linebacker who can defend the run if he loses some weight, and Wesley is a small-school sleeper who can develop into a deep threat for whenever time is up on DeSean Jackson.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody responded to this mock from CBS?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Duke saw it the other day and didn't respond.

I like it, except Boykin. I know he rising a lot up many boards, but he is to me a guy that can bust a lot quicker then boom.

Couple guys on there Im targeting in the 4th

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Duke saw it the other day and didn't respond.

I like it, except Boykin. I know he rising a lot up many boards, but he is to me a guy that can bust a lot quicker then boom.

Couple guys on there Im targeting in the 4th

Who are they? This isn't my mock, which I will send that out next week. I did a first attempt a couple weeks ago, but I certainly will make changes. My pick for a Looooong time, and most liekly will not change it is Christian Wilkoins, DT, in the first round. Howie may even have to move up a few spots to get him.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I missed something the Eagles don't have a 7th round pick. Kind of looses credibility.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I missed something the Eagles don't have a 7th round pick. Kind of looses credibility.

Yes, as I said, it was a CBS Mock, not mine. My expert mock will go out on this next week. I submit mine to my local paper this coming Friday, which gets printed in the Sunday paper on Easter. Mine is much better than Rey's, LOL. Just kidding. He is the expert! :lol: :nod:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, as I said, it was a CBS Mock, not mine. My expert mock will go out on this next week. I submit mine to my local paper this coming Friday, which gets printed in the Sunday paper on Easter. Mine is much better than Rey's, LOL. Just kidding. He is the expert! :lol: :nod:

That sounds like a great tradition for this time every year!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Rey and I have been internet sports forums for about 10 hears or more. I think this is either our 3rd or 4th forum, right Rey? There are a few more on this forum that go back with Rey maybe even longer, and have met Rey personally. I never joined them at Lehigh. I didn't feel like I would fit in, mostly due to my age difference. I will turn 76 tomorrow!
I think Wahoo, Eagles Nut, Wings (who doesn't join us any more), Erk, Raid (also doesn't), and I know there are a few more on this forum that I can't remember off the top of my head.I guess the former guys have graduated to something more useful, or just grown up! :noidea:
If Rey and I ever meet, we can reminisce, and swap a lot of stories. :nod:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking my wife to King of Prussia Mall, for some shopping, and lunch at the Capital Grille (my favorite)!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking my wife to King of Prussia Mall, for some shopping, and lunch at the Capital Grille (my favorite)!
Love that mall. Is Franklin Mills still around. I used to go there when I used to visit my uncle as a kid. It was huge.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy birthday, young duke!

I would have guessed 96.:D

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Rey and I have been internet sports forums for about 10 hears or more. I think this is either our 3rd or 4th forum, right Rey? There are a few more on this forum that go back with Rey maybe even longer, and have met Rey personally. I never joined them at Lehigh. I didn't feel like I would fit in, mostly due to my age difference. I will turn 76 tomorrow!
I think Wahoo, Eagles Nut, Wings (who doesn't join us any more), Erk, Raid (also doesn't), and I know there are a few more on this forum that I can't remember off the top of my head.I guess the former guys have graduated to something more useful, or just grown up! :noidea:
I am one of the old guys and thoroughly enjoyed our draft parties. Truly wished we still had them but Goodell fkd us and my friend Raid moved.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that mall. Is Franklin Mills still around. I used to go there when I used to visit my uncle as a kid. It was huge.

I don't know. I live in Lancaster, and never go to that side of Philly. Maybe another guy from Philly will know.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always am forgotten. I have been with some of these guys since MO. I even emailed Eddie Kone the other day.