• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBA Talks

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will meet every day until Monday's deadline. I hope some deal can be struck.
Harold Reynolds said this morning on MLB Network that it doesn't appear that the players have a coherent idea what they really want. He gave the example of Reggie Jackson talking to the Angels players in 1984. He said that the players needed to be sure just what they wanted, as it was costing him a lot of money, and the game a lot of fan-support. I think the same can be said today.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will meet every day until Monday's deadline. I hope some deal can be struck.
Harold Reynolds said this morning on MLB Network that it doesn't appear that the players have a coherent idea what they really want. He gave the example of Reggie Jackson talking to the Angels players in 1984. He said that the players needed to be sure just what they wanted, as it was costing him a lot of money, and the game a lot of fan-support. I think the same can be said today.
I'm holding out hope and remaining optimistic that a deal will be reached this weekend or early next week.
I'd have no problem with a few games, or a week or 2 worth of games being canceled.

If it ends up being a 150 - 154 game season...so be it.

#Let'sPlayBallDammit!

* Just noticed that ironically, this happens to be post #162.

:lol:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still nada.....:L

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of the MLB players. They are only playing a GAME.

This whole situation, reminds me of the issue of the U.A.W. vs. Auto manufacturers in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
The Auto companies wanted to annually increase the price on cars by their usual 3 to 5% and didn't care about the quality of their cars.
The U.A.W. didn't care about the design or build quality of the cars. They just wanted more perks in their contracts.
And what happen to the consumers? They got screwed. The cars were garbage designed, and pathetically built.

The MLB players and owners don't care about the quality of baseball and the baseball fans.

And guess who is going to pay more this season, in parking fees, TICKET PRICES, or for food and beverages. plus MLB TV prices will go up.
The pro sports fans are always forgotten in this situation.

Maybe it's time for a pro sport's fan boycott.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This whole situation, reminds me of the issue of the U.A.W. vs. Auto manufacturers in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
The Auto companies wanted to annually increase the price on cars by their usual 3 to 5% and didn't care about the quality of their cars.
The U.A.W. didn't care about the design or build quality of the cars. They just wanted more perks in their contracts.
And what happen to the consumers? They got screwed. The cars were garbage designed, and pathetically built.

The MLB players and owners don't care about the quality of baseball and the baseball fans.

And guess who is going to pay more this season, in parking fees, TICKET PRICES, or for food and beverages. plus MLB TV prices will go up.

Yep.

See post #152

Anyhow....hopefully something breaks by Monday or soon after.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Evan Drellich of The Athletic, the second meeting between the Major League Baseball Players Association and Major League Baseball did not go well on Saturday.​

The players presented a "comprehensive offer" after the first meeting of the day, which the owners contingent caucused on for two hours before sitting back down at the table with the players. MLB reacted badly to the proposal though, which in turn outraged the MLBPA. Drellich notes that the players moved the CBT by $2 million in years 2-4, which was the same amount the league moved in their last proposal. Jesse Rogers of ESPN adds that the players offered to move from 75 percent to 35 percent on Super 2's and adjusted their revenue sharing asks as well. Both were still apparently non-starters for the league. There are still two days left to get a deal done before the league-imposed deadline on Monday to start the regular season on time, but things look pretty bleak at the moment.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players are risking alienating the fans again after over 25 years of peace in the game. The owners look better right now.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players are risking alienating the fans again after over 25 years of peace in the game. The owners look better right now.

I’d love to hear how this is on the players at the us point

Fans perspectives on this are just baffling

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the players? This is the owners fault 100%.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hilarious how people who know nothing of the actual negotiations outside of a paragraph or two every other day are making absolute statements like “The players are 100% to blame!” or “The owners are nothing but greedy assholes and are totally to blame for this!”.

it is absolutely both of their faults. And I know this absolutely. Believe me. I know!

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love to hear how this is on the players at the us point

Fans perspectives on this are just baffling
The players do not seem to have a coherent strategy. Their "demands" are not consistent.
Like Reggie said in '84, "I'm with you, but you've got to know what you want. It is costing me a lot of money and costing us a lot of fans." The fans will put up with some work stoppage, but if regular season games are canceled, they might not come back and that will cost the game a lot of money. They have a lot of good will with the fans after some pretty good years (including the Covid season which we watched on TV), but it won't last long.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half baked bullshit GIF

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Major League Baseball Players Association and Major League Baseball will meet again at the negotiating table on Sunday at 1:00 PM eastern.​

It will be the seventh consecutive day in which the two sides have met at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter, Florida. To say that Saturday's negotiations did not go well would be a massive understatement -- so much so that the MLBPA reportedly considered walking away from the table entirely. Only two days of negotiations remain before the league-imposed deadline to start the regular season on time, and unless MLB is ready to start negotiating in good faith and make some major concessions on Sunday, it seems as though the mood will continue to be hostile and the stalemate will continue.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players do not seem to have a coherent strategy. Their "demands" are not consistent.
Like Reggie said in '84, "I'm with you, but you've got to know what you want. It is costing me a lot of money and costing us a lot of fans." The fans will put up with some work stoppage, but if regular season games are canceled, they might not come back and that will cost the game a lot of money. They have a lot of good will with the fans after some pretty good years (including the Covid season which we watched on TV), but it won't last long.

Because the owners have refused to negotiate, at all, on many key issues

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,928.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get a good March madness tournament this year cause we may not get any baseball for awhile

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get a good March madness tournament this year cause we may not get any baseball for awhile

The message from all this is that the Owens really don’t care about April and may games.

They’re just a thing to do to get to the post season

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,928.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The message from all this is that the Owens really don’t care about April and may games.

They’re just a thing to do to get to the post season
Cause that’s where the league really makes it’s money

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasons should’ve just been 100 games. That’s a nice neat number. 5-6 games a week from Memorial Day weekend until the end of September.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasons should’ve just been 100 games. That’s a nice neat number. 5-6 games a week from Memorial Day weekend until the end of September.

They could even save on travel costs by doing entire home series in one week.