• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBA Talks

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the poor, mistreated, underpaid player's stats.

In the MLB, there are (as of this moment) 33 players who make 50 - 99 million dollars in their contracts. (total)

In the MLB, there are 27 players who make 100 - 199 million dollars in their contracts. (total)

In the MLB, there are 8 players who make 200 - 299 million dollars in their contracts. (total)

In the MLB, there are 7 players who make 300 million dollars or more in their contracts (total)

and then there's Mike Trout at 426 million dollars.

1.8 billion dollars, paid to players, in contracts, in one month.

And these rough totals, do not include the rest of the free agents, who have not signed yet.

I feel so sorry for these mistreated players.
I think I saw Max Scherzer at McDonalds buying a Happy Meal. 43 mil a year just doesn't go that far anymore.

As the league is constituted right this second.........without the unsigned free agents.
There are roughly 410 millionaires in baseball.

and we had (for the most part) no fans 2 years ago because of covid

16 of the MLB franchises (in Attendance figures) don't even average 20,000 fans per game. That is OVER half the teams.
The bottom 6 teams average 10,000 fans per game OR LESS.
MLB franchises are not financially equal .

Miami averaged 7933 fans per game

Quote Quote

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would actually be ok with them just going through the season with replacement owners. I know it wouldn't be the same and of course I'd rather have all the regular owners that we're all so familiar with, and the quality of owners would be inferior.....but I'd take it over nothing.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A LEFT FIELD BLEACHER TICKET price at Wrigley, last season for A REGULAR SEASON GAME, with the Cardinals was costing $125 a piece.
You have to take out a loan to get a beer ($10) and hot dog ($7). Parking was $50.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A LEFT FIELD BLEACHER TICKET price at Wrigley, last season for A REGULAR SEASON GAME, with the Cardinals was costing $125 a piece.
You have to take out a loan to get a beer ($10) and hot dog ($7). Parking was $50.

If you think that’s about the player salaries I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get a good March madness tournament this year cause we may not get any baseball for awhile
March Madness is always good..and I can't wait for it to begin.
And there's always NBA playoffs during April & May too.

Also....that new USFL season starts in mid April, and I'm sure their PTB are silently hoping the MLB CBA negotiations drags on much longer and slower which would give their product higher viewer ratings.

That said....I do believe MLB (both sides) will get their act together soon.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that’s about the player salaries I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you
Yup. Player salaries are a response to the ticket prices, not the other way around.

Prices will be what people are willing to pay for them. If you don’t want to pay $125 for a bleacher seat, than don’t pay $125 for a bleacher seat. If someone else buys that seat instead, it is clearly not overpriced for the market. You just don’t value the product as much as the next guy does.

I spend about $120 a season for the MLB app. I watch about 120 games. I am OK with that price. If they were raise it to $200 or so, I would begin to seriously question if I want to remain a baseball fan (I am already questioning that as it is, btw).

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,428.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March Madness is always good..and I can't wait for it to begin.
And there's always NBA playoffs during April & May too.

Also....that new USFL season starts in mid April, and I'm sure their PTB are silently hoping the MLB CBA negotiations drags on much longer and slower which would give their product higher viewer ratings.

That said....I do believe MLB (both sides) will get their act together soon.
I was listening to sports radio today while having a cigar and they said an agreement should be reached today or tomorrow

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Evan Drellich of The Athletic reports that Bruce Meyer and Dan Halem -- the lead negotiators for the Major League Baseball Players Association and Major League Baseball respectively -- have met twice on Sunday.​

Drellich notes that the first meeting lasted around 20 minutes before the negotiators returned to their respective sides to caucus. There have also been concurrent negotiations happening on Sunday between other members of the contingents on non-core topics. The good news is, that the two sides are still at the table and talking. Stay tuned, and we'll see where this leads.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,428.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point each side should give up a little so we at least have baseball this year. We’re all grown ups you don’t always get what you want. Put your big boy pants on and let’s get this done

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point each side should give up a little so we at least have baseball this year. We’re all grown ups you don’t always get what you want. Put your big boy pants on and let’s get this done

The players are getting slaughtered

The owners have given almost nothing

Put your big boy pants on and do some actual research

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KBO Opening Day is April 2nd.
Draftkings has odds on every college baseball gm. I’ll probably just lose my ass betting on it to fill my baseball gap through the middle of June

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think they could "top" the extra inning ghost runners but this might just take the cake. Holy fuck.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post, the Major League Baseball Players Association and Major League Baseball are still apart on nearly every issue and haven't completely agreed on anything yet.​

Major League Baseball called Sunday's meetings productive, and while there was no outrage or negative press coming from the players side this time around, they weren't flowing with optimism either. The two sides plan to meet in the morning on Monday -- much earlier than they have the last few days -- giving them extra time to strike a deal before MLB's self-imposed deadline. Janes notes that there is no deadline to the talks for Monday, and if the two sides are nearing a deal, they'll push to get it done. If not, MLB has vowed to start cancelling regular season games

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don’t want expanded playoffs, especially without players getting to fa sooner, so I’m ok with Memorial Day opening day now

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don’t want expanded playoffs, especially without players getting to fa sooner, so I’m ok with Memorial Day opening day now

yea expanded playoffs has its pros and cons... but more con in my opinion... and i am someone who actually likes the current play-in game...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50% of teams making it into the playoffs
Universal DH
Runner on 2nd

Fuck this shit. I am about to collect my ball and call an Uber.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50% of teams making it into the playoffs
Universal DH
Runner on 2nd

Fuck this shit. I am about to collect my ball and call an Uber.

personally, i hate when people throw the i will stop watching this shit... its equal to the move to canada after the election...

If you are a baseball fan, you will watch baseball no matter what... if you dont, then you were not TRULY a baseball fan...

now, i do understand, the older you get, the less you care... but thats not here or there...

and its kind of the point... whether right or wrong, they are making these changes partially to get the average fan back...(other than money being the clear reason)...

if it gets more people to watch, and pisses off the loyal fans, they will call that a win... because it is...