• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CB position

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like most everyone including me want the 49ers to resign Rogers back at a reasonable deal. But in reading many of the bloggers and what not, a lot of them keep saying Rogers might not be back. Both sides would like to come to an agreement but the Front office may not want to give rogers a big deal after 1 great yr.

This has brought to a lot of people suggesting the 49ers may be fine with brown and culliver starting. Thought we could get a discussion and see if people would be fine with Cully and Brown as the starting CB's next yr?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it depends on who is starting at OLB opposite All Done.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Rogers is a CB who relies on blazing speed to be great. At his age that blazing speed is going to get pretty average pretty quickly. I agree that it wouldn't be the end of the world to let Rogers go.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it depends on who is starting at OLB opposite All Done.

Besides Mario Wiliams who would you be comfortable with there? lol

Rogers is a CB who relies on blazing speed to be great. At his age that blazing speed is going to get pretty average pretty quickly. I agree that it wouldn't be the end of the world to let Rogers go.

Yea true about that. I wouldnt be surprised if they dont see eye to eye with Rogers and let him walk especially if he thinks he deserves a contract like we gave Clements lol. I see them liking Goldson more since he is younger.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see alot of ppl on this board saying cut Spencer but thats stupid imo for 1 he is better then brown and brock he was hurt and could not compete in the short off season, then got in the dog house about playing time. He would of never got routed on 3rd and 15 for a TD. Dont get me wrong i like brock and brown for depth. If we had to bring in someone other then rogers it would be grimes he would so fit and he dosn't give up the big play. also draft 1 more cover db in this draft. Also guys do not forget Nelms will be competing as well this year he was hurt.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see alot of ppl on this board saying cut Spencer but thats stupid imo for 1 he is better then brown and brock he was hurt and could not compete in the short off season, then got in the dog house about playing time. He would of never got routed on 3rd and 15 for a TD. Dont get me wrong i like brock and brown for depth. If we had to bring in someone other then rogers it would be grimes he would so fit and he dosn't give up the big play. also draft 1 more cover db in this draft. Also guys do not forget Nelms will be competing as well this year he was hurt.

I'm sorry, but Spencer isn't better than Brown at this point in their careers. At the beginning of the year, I was on the fence deciding between the two. After watching a healthy Brown play the entire season, he's the better CB.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Mario Wiliams who would you be comfortable with there? lol

As much as I would love to have Williams and Smith rushing from the OLB spots, how is their coverage?? That could end up being a real liability.

As for the OP... I think if Rogers goes, then we have to sign another free agent. Culliver looked really good and Brown had a pretty good year himself, but prior to this year I was not a big fan of Brown and Culliver still needs some time. And after them who is there? Brock? I think either way we need to add depth to the position.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that what im saying we have some real nice young Db's why cut a vet who can play and always played smart this is my 5 cb list for are team

1. Rogers or Grimes/Carr/Thomas
2.Cully
3.Brown
4.Spencer
5.Brock/rookie
6.Ps Rookie/Nelms we got real luccy with injuries this year Remember that mark this post you need depth

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like most everyone including me want the 49ers to resign Rogers back at a reasonable deal. But in reading many of the bloggers and what not, a lot of them keep saying Rogers might not be back. Both sides would like to come to an agreement but the Front office may not want to give rogers a big deal after 1 great yr.

This has brought to a lot of people suggesting the 49ers may be fine with brown and culliver starting. Thought we could get a discussion and see if people would be fine with Cully and Brown as the starting CB's next yr?

who's #3? and then who's #4? we're gonna get torched by 3-4 wr sets

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not okay with Cully and Brown starting, especially against next year's schedule. At minimum, we'll need someone to be a #2 ahead of these guys and fill the #1 CB role.

Cully and Brown are servicable as #2 (and #3 CB's) right now. Brown being a #1 will get you absolutely killed. Cully could be better or worse. I'd be okay having three #2 type CB's if it means we get a true #1 WR, but we absolutely have to do something if Rogers goes.

I look at it similarly as having Crabtree as your #1 WR. Only worse.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yada how can you say that? Spencer hasn't played? while Brown has ben "serviceable" at best because of are front seven and cutting him will leave us with NO DEPTH especialy if rogers walks.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cully, Brown, and WRs on lock Brock.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer is going to have to take a pay cut if he wants to stay with us. Carr, Rogers, Grimes, or Porter i am fine with, but we can't expect Brown and Culliver to be our starting corners. We need depth and i don't have the confidence in Brock that some seem to have.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally gave up on Spencer the season before last. It was right around the time when he forgot to touch the wr down after a reception and looked silly out there.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really don't think spencer will be back. he's not worth his salary and he seems a lil ticked about where he was on the depth charts. it's possible they'll ask him to take a pay cut like ginn did, but i think spencer might say '#$!!@# !@#!@# cut me !@#$$!#'

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sorry, but Spencer isn't better than Brown at this point in their careers. At the beginning of the year, I was on the fence deciding between the two. After watching a healthy Brown play the entire season, he's the better CB.

Yup agree.

No way is Spencer better at this point. There is a reason he didnt play all year.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i really don't think spencer will be back. he's not worth his salary and he seems a lil ticked about where he was on the depth charts. it's possible they'll ask him to take a pay cut like ginn did, but i think spencer might say '#$!!@# !@#!@# cut me !@#$$!#'

Theres gotta be like a 99% chance that he isnt back. The coaching staff doesnt like him obviously since he never plays. He isnt that young and he is making a good amount of cash at 3 million. On top of that he isnt happy here which is understandable given his role

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Spencer is going to have to take a pay cut if he wants to stay with us. Carr, Rogers, Grimes, or Porter i am fine with, but we can't expect Brown and Culliver to be our starting corners. We need depth and i don't have the confidence in Brock that some seem to have.

After watching him being out of position and giving up a TD on 3rd & 15 in the NFCC game, where are those 'some' who have confidence in Brock??

That being said, I think the chances of Rogers being back next year are good, seeing as how he had a career year in the niners system after more or less flailing in DC. It seems he'd want continuity in his career path rather than starting all over with some other system with a less dominant overall defense. I'm sure it's something he's taking into consideration, along with the contractual potential dollars and years.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching him being out of position and giving up a TD on 3rd & 15 in the NFCC game, where are those 'some' who have confidence in Brock??

That being said, I think the chances of Rogers being back next year are good, seeing as how he had a career year in the niners system after more or less flailing in DC. It seems he'd want continuity in his career path rather than starting all over with some other system with a less dominant overall defense. I'm sure it's something he's taking into consideration, along with the contractual potential dollars and years.

I've seen a couple of people say they like what he had to provide. We need at least one other guy other than Culliver and Brown.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have to add Samuel to the discussion, all though i would imagine he would be traded rather than released. I have a hard time imagining the Eagles finding a way to keep DRC, Samuel, and Nnamdi.