• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz Apology Thread

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since so many of you were so, so embarrassingly wrong about Carson Wentz, I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where you can formally apologize for the absurd stupidities you have vomited out on these pages over the past few years.

Now that Carson has led his team to the playoffs with a 4,000-yard season in which he had ZERO receivers over 500 yards--in which he threw for 1,200 yards, 7 TDs and 0 INTs for four straight wins at the end despite throwing entirely to backups and guys fresh off the practice squad--it's time for you to seek penance for your sins against the Ginger Jesus.

Line up, nice and neat. I know there are a lot of you, but be patient, your turn in the confession booth will come.

“I’m just extremely grateful to be healthy and to be playing in this meaningful game,” Wentz said, via ESPN.com. “And I know the guys are fired up. We’re fired up. It was quite the regular season for us, with a lot of ups and downs, and the way we responded late in the year with our backs against the wall, to do what we did and to get to this moment, I think guys are thankful for it. But we’re still hungry.”

Carson Wentz carries Eagles to NFC East title, helping Philadelphia overcome numerous injuries

Carson Wentz “still hungry” after winning NFC East
Apology? Not sure what for. While I don't wish my team ill, I won't blow sunshine their way when it's not warranted. Wentz ranks tied for 16 out of 32 QB's, so a .500 record. The Eagles finished 9-7 in a division that sucks and blows. I know Wentz is pining for a statue of his own but this year won't be it.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt what you are saying is true. But it’s about keeping perspective. To say that eagles underachieved as whole this year would be an underestimate. All teams are suffering injuries this time of year. The Seahawks are literally signing guys off the street to play RB. Yes, winning with those injuries to win the division is an accomplishment but are you really ready to declare Wentz is back in the mvp conversation next year bc he beat the giants twice, the redskins and a dallas team who’s QB didn’t take a snap in practice the entire week before the game? Again, it’s about keeping things in perspective.

Of course it’s perspective, hence why I’m not going overboard and saying he’s Hercules or that he’s an MVP.

I’d argue if the Eagles didn’t suffer the injuries they had that they would be an underachiever. But this team is night and day different from opening day the end of Week 17, on both sides of the ball.

But instead, they won their division and got into the playoffs with PS guys and street pick ups.

I’d say teams like the Cowboys, Rams, Bears and Browns, highly regarded teams that didn’t suffer the injuries Seattle (as you mentioned) and The Eagles have would be teams you put into the underachieving category.

And I won’t put Wentz back into the MVP category until he has another 2017 type season. But I’m certainly going to look forward to his future a lot more that he’s proven he can win must win games, take a team on his back and has seemingly won back a locker room that has some questions about him.

Again, it’s all about perspective.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. You faced Eli... and he was winning. You didn’t mention that. Danny dimes? Hahahaha. Cowboys have severe coaching issues and despite that still almost overcame them.

Go ahead. Keep chest thumping at 9-7. We are all enjoying it. Oh... and you mean that same dolphins team that beat the eagles too?

Yeah, that dolphin team.

Eli was winning? Wtf does that have to do with the end result? Actually shows that at the most important time, wentz led them back to win a game they shouldve lost. And the cowboys had a healthy team coming into philly. Dak and co. Shit the bed.

Where you gonna move the Wentz goalposts to next?

Finally, no chest thumping. Happy yes. You and a few others have ran your mouths for months/year about wentz. It's ok to admit it was just trolling and not truthful opinions.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must think Wentz minus the players Dallas would NOT have would make Dallas a guaranteed playoff team. Are all Eagles fans this moronic or just a select few?

Cut them some slack. All summer it was dynasty talk all over radio and local tv. Best team “Eva” douggie is a genius... howie is a salary cap sivant etc... congrats to the eagles for being the tallest midget in the NFCE this year :suds:

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry the eagles backed into the playoffs and will be going nowhere from here.

If they are fortunate enough to beat the Seahawks then they will just go get destroyed by the 49ers.

12th best team in the playoffs
Winning your last four games isn't backing in.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for when SBs don't start out the way he likes and he blames his kid for leaving early...

haha. He is STILL taking shit for that... and rightfully so.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the OP remains all about Dallas....but mostly a dick with ears
no apology here, I've been 100% right through 4 seasons. Dak has been every bit as good and in some areas much better than #2 overall

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded picks, of which they got said picks back from other trades. Including the first round pick in 2017 that they got back from the Vikings.
The “mortgaging” the future doesn’t mean much if you get picks back in other trades and or equal value in players, etc.
The Eagles "mortgaged the future" and then the Eagles won the Super Bowl in that same future.

These guys are brainless and it's hilarious.:pound:

The Eagles winning the Super Bowl completely destroyed what was left of their fading minds.:nod:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not ready to talk Super Bowl yet. I don’t want to get ahead of myself. The Eagles will need to get past the Saints in the NFC Championship first.
The Eagles need to get by the Hawks next Sunday first.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how Wentz can be the most overrated and underrated qb at the same time.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm not saying it was a cakewalk either as that is an overstatement as well.

But it seems to me that the debate between Wentz/Dak/Goff seems to move around a lot based on who is playing well at any given time.
No, Wentz has always been best. Pay attention.

Dak is a stat padder and Goff padded his pants with loads of shit.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has worked his way up to the title journeyman QB. What's the over/under on Wentz fumbles next week?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apology? Not sure what for. While I don't wish my team ill, I won't blow sunshine their way when it's not warranted. Wentz ranks tied for 16 out of 32 QB's, so a .500 record. The Eagles finished 9-7 in a division that sucks and blows. I know Wentz is pining for a statue of his own but this year won't be it.
Yeah, it sucks to be so wrong, but you don't have to be so pathetic.
Foles is a past hero.
Get a grip.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has worked his way up to the title journeyman QB. What's the over/under on Wentz fumbles next week?
1 fumble, 4 tds, 1 win, and one little skinzfan crying to his momma.:nod:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it sucks to be so wrong, but you don't have to be so pathetic.
Foles is a past hero.
Get a grip.
I wasn't talking about Foles at all. He's a past hero, no question but that bit of fun is over. The most entertaining 2 years of Eagles football I've ever seen! End of story.

As for Wentz, he has to live up to the hype. He's a solid QB, no doubt about that but so far he's a pack your lunch pail and head to the stadium type of QB. He's been injured a lot so I'm not sure if he's hearing footsteps or not but he isn't a gunslinger. I hope that he becomes one. Another championship would be awesome.