• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz Apology Thread

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah you are good then. The people who should apologize know who they are.
I think the people that called Wentz elite owe the rest of us an apology...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is an injury prone journeyman QB that just lost another job.

Does it say that on the statute of him that your favorite team put in front of their stadium? Maybe it said that on the shrine that the players made of him in the locker room.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, to be fair, injury prone is up for debate. But Nick Foles has been on 4 different teams in the last 5 years. Carson's been on one. The journeyman tag is squarely on Nick at this point.
With the Super Bowl MVP tag, Fole's career is made no matter what happens next. I think the Jags fucked it all up though. Benching him 3 games after returning from major surgery and basically having the fans turn on him was a brutal mistake. He's a 22 million dollar clipboard holder now.

As for Wentz, time will tell. He hasn't accomplished anything yet in Philly.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still dont see Wentz being that Clutch guy like I have seen on TV today.
Wentz played well with his team in complete control (defensive turnovers)
Not gonna argue against his stats or how he played against the Giants. He did play well.
But when he has to come from a couple scores down will he fold like a cheap suit? (since I have seen Eagle fans comparing him to Wilson) if I had a 15 point lead on Wilson I am still worried.
When pressure is on Wentz I still see a happy feet kid capable of throwing a screen pass or in flats into the ground.
I am not sold on his mental toughness.

You, then, apparently did not see any of the last 4 Eagles games. He came from 14 down, in the rain to beat NY with a late and OT drive. He drove late to beat the Redskins. He did what he had to against Dallas and played great in the rain, on the road in NY with ZERO opening day skill position players healthy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie year he broke his hand.
Next year he missed time for a concussion
Following year he broke his collar bone
Following year got benched for being shitty, but as history has shown, he likely would have gotten injured at some point
2017 he basically couldn't practice hardly at all or play in preseason due to issues with his elbow
This season he breaks his collarbone again.

He has had opportunities to play full seasons but injuries have cut those short everytime except for 2015 when he got benched for bad play (twice)
So like I said a collar bone twice. He missed one whole game with his hand. And what one with a concussion maybe 2? You're really reaching. Carson is injury prone as well. But foles won a Super Bowl as a career defining game. Wentz won a week 16 regular season game to secure his career defining game.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Super Bowl MVP tag, Fole's career is made no matter what happens next. I think the Jags fucked it all up though. Benching him 3 games after returning from major surgery and basically having the fans turn on him was a brutal mistake. He's a 22 million dollar clipboard holder now.

I am not sure how to react to a rational Philly fan.
*Schmoop goes to ponder*

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's not forget how great his season with chip kelly was.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, the Jags arent' exactly known for great front office moves, but I also think Foles is just a streaky guy. 27-2 in 2013, followed by average play in 2014 and the bad years in STL.

Even before the blessed Super Bowl Run, he was great against the Giants, but terrible against the Raiders, Cowboys and first half against the Falcons before turning it on.

Then think about the bad start he had in 2018, followed by the hot streak to end the season, followed by an ugly post season.

I just think Nick is a lot more feast and famine than most guys and coupled with his injujry history it's a gamble either way. It's almost why he's a great back up QB.

Carson will have plenty of time to accomplish more than he has and I feel fairly confident moving forward he will....And if he doesn't, oh well, we try with someone new.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like I said a collar bone twice. He missed one whole game with his hand. And what one with a concussion maybe 2? You're really reaching. Carson is injury prone as well. But foles won a Super Bowl as a career defining game. Wentz won a week 16 regular season game to secure his career defining game.

Foles has had injuries throughout his career and has never played a full season as a result. Wentz has played two full seasons. It's simple facts.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You, then, apparently did not see any of the last 4 Eagles games. He came from 14 down, in the rain to beat NY with a late and OT drive. He drove late to beat the Redskins. He did what he had to against Dallas and played great in the rain, on the road in NY with ZERO opening day skill position players healthy.
thats fair. I dont see all his games.
Did see the Cowboys game however. Which all he had to do was get a 1st down & it was pretty much over. He threw it in the dirt. Giving the Cowboys another chance. He seemed like a nervous QB even with the lead.

BTW I am not saying he isnt a good QB. Also not saying he wont grow into his potential. Also I fully know he has a high ceiling.
I am saying he isnt all that & a bag of chips like some around here want to claim. plenty of room to grow.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has had injuries throughout his career and has never played a full season as a result. Wentz has played two full seasons. It's simple facts.
Dude your reaching.

but if you wanna reach

foles is a super bowl mvp with more clutch in his right nut than Carson.

wentz"s best pro moment is beating the cowboys in a week 16 regular season game

facts.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude your reaching.

but if you wanna reach

foles is a super bowl mvp with more clutch in his right nut than Carson.

wentz"s best pro moment is beating the cowboys in a week 16 regular season game

facts.

Reaching about what? Talking about who is injury prone. Wentz has played two full seasons in the NFL. Foles has never played a full season in the NFL. He has a long history of injuries in the league despite little playing time.

You're tailspinning in all sorts of unrelated areas.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz's rookie season I thought we were going to fit him for a halo. He had it all going, then his first of two season ending injuries. He just reminds me a bit of Randall Cuningham now. Let's see how deep he takes the team.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question: What did Dallas accomplish these past few years with a fourth round Qb on a rookie contract?

How about he’s started every single game since coming into the league? How about he’s never missed a game in his entire career?

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about he’s started every single game since coming into the league? How about he’s never missed a game in his entire career?

Congrats for the injury luck, but considering how bad he's looked at times with that bumb shoulder, perhaps he shoulda sat out a game or two.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats for the injury luck, but considering how bad he's looked at times with that bumb shoulder, perhaps he shoulda sat out a game or two.

He’s North Dako... errr I mean .... he’s Sulpher Louisiana TOUGH!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz led his team to winning the shittiest division in the NFL.

You know who else once accomplished that?

Brock Osweiler.

Congratulations Carson Wentz.

You are now at least as good as Brock Osweiler.