• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Boozer to the Lakers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus Love's game compliments LeBron a lot better than playing the- watch i can do this better- basketball he played with Wade most of the time

and Bosh really just is a poor-mans Kevin Love when it comes down to it

it is going to be a lot of fun to smack around the Heat this year and for the next half decade....and the Lakers? - they wont be good until Kobe is gone....you cant build a winner with someone that cashed out making over a third of your cap room

all though- having little jimmy buss as your owner its likely they wont be very good for a long time--- and they wont be the best team in their own building for a LONG LONG time...i mean Griffenand Paul just signed long extensions- as long as those 2 are there the Lakers are2nd fiddle in their own building

who are the Lakers POSSIBLY going to get that could make them better than a team built around Paul and Griffen? - its just not happening anytime soon

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...wow...stuff from the 70's?

right NOW many of the beaches in California are shut down because of terrible pollution - but you got to a joke from the 70's?

all though- if you want good Lakers basketball you definitely will only be watching it on DVD's from the past this year...maybe you should stay in the past...

unless you think Lin to Boozer is gonna get you guys the 8 seed in the West.....

Uh, no they aren't. At least I didn't resort to making something up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...wow...stuff from the 70's?

right NOW many of the beaches in California are shut down because of terrible pollution - but you got to a joke from the 70's?

all though- if you want good Lakers basketball you definitely will only be watching it on DVD's from the past this year...maybe you should stay in the past...

unless you think Lin to Boozer is gonna get you guys the 8 seed in the West.....

:lalala:Stop h8ting on our Beaches!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no they aren't. At least I didn't resort to making something up.

The 11 Most Polluted Beaches In The US

top 3

Avalon Beach, Calif.

Doheny State Beach, Calif.

Poche County Beach, Calif.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...if you could focus on basketball that would be cool---

I realize you are butt-hurt that last year your team had no chance at the playoffs- this year your team has no chance at the playoffs- and the year after its highly unlikely they make the playoffs or are even the best team in their own building

but being a Cleveland fan I dont take kindly to the fans of other teams whining like little girls about their temporary misfortune and crappiness the Lakers are going through

I tell you - I will enjoy the Cavs being the center of the NBA Universe again- and likely having a Big 3 of Love/LeBron/Kyrie which you have to go back years upon years upon years to match

:yahoo:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus Love's game compliments LeBron a lot better than playing the- watch i can do this better- basketball he played with Wade most of the time

and Bosh really just is a poor-mans Kevin Love when it comes down to it

it is going to be a lot of fun to smack around the Heat this year and for the next half decade....and the Lakers? - they wont be good until Kobe is gone....you cant build a winner with someone that cashed out making over a third of your cap room

all though- having little jimmy buss as your owner its likely they wont be very good for a long time--- and they wont be the best team in their own building for a LONG LONG time...i mean Griffenand Paul just signed long extensions- as long as those 2 are there the Lakers are2nd fiddle in their own building

who are the Lakers POSSIBLY going to get that could make them better than a team built around Paul and Griffen? - its just not happening anytime soon

Instead of wasting their time going after a guy likeAldridge, who they will never get, they should do like the Mavs did this Summer.

* Love is a different story if he doesn't get traded*

Target a tier 2 guy that fits their system.

The first call Mitch should make should be to Dragic.

The 2nd should be to Al Jeferson.

Clarkson, Dragic, Jefferson, Randle is a solid young core going forward.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ and I get along swimmingly.

But, let me tell you what comes next:

1. Crime

2. Illegal Imigrants

3. Solon Ohio is the best City to raise Children.

I have heard the speech, usually 7 or 8 times a day, for 2 years :laugh3:.

:lol: So the same stuff that I bitch about living here.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your point?

yah. the Mailman and the Glove played at the end of their careers with Kobe and Shaq- does that make them a great foursome for the ages?

of course not- the mailman and the glove were done for by the time they played together

Wade maybe had 1 year at the very peak of his talents with LeBron IF even that....

His physical talent level was declining, but it was still pretty damn good.
Plus, you can't take away the heart and knowledge of a Finals MVP.
People rip Bosh, but he accepted and understood his role.
All 3 of the Heats Big 3, had basketball IQ's that were off the chart, and they were willing to sacrifice for each other.

Experience means a lot.
How many young teams ever win championships in the NBA?
There's a reason why James wants Love and the dinosaurs from the Heats bench.

If anyone doesn't think the Cavs will have growing pains, then they must not have watched the Heat.

James isn't the kid he once was. He often paces himself now.
The East is much tougher now top to bottom then it was 4 years ago.

Cavs as of today are arguably the 3 rd best team in their division.

Good luck trying to reproduce or top what the Heat did.

I guarantee you that you won't be in the next 4 Finals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of wasting their time going after a guy likeAldridge, who they will never get, they should do like the Mavs did this Summer.

that is a decent young core Mecca- but at best that gets you a 6 seed in the West and likely you lose in the first round.

LAkers fans are REALLY butt-hurt that the Cavs are about to steal Love from them- when that seems to be the guy they have all settled on thinking will help raise the franchise from the crappiness it finds itself currently in.

its not Cav's fans fault that Dwight Howard walked- that they traded multiple first rounders for a washed up Nash- that they paid Kobe near 50 million for the final 2 years of his career as severance, that little Jimmy Buss is in over his head and has no clue what he is doing, that they STILL have no coach- and the most likely candidate is a guy that is about to be on his 4th (or is it 5th?) job, or that Dan G. and Mark C. absolutely screwed them on the CP3 deal (ha),

unlike Cavs fans- you have the option of going out and buying some DVD's of the championship years--- that is my best advice for you Lakers fans over the next couple years because they are going to be LEAN years.....

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, that's what I was saying this year and I got trashed... You better start changing your tune young lady!:whistle:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you - I will enjoy the Cavs being the center of the NBA Universe again- and likely having a Big 3 of Love/LeBron/Kyrie which you have to go back years upon years upon years to match

:yahoo:

Even if the Cavs don't do that deal, you are still in a great position going forward.

As long as Waiters stays in his lane, Bron takes all the pressure off of guys like Wiggins, Bennett and Kyrie.

I think Tristan would take that giant step forward that you have been predicting for the last 2 Seasons.

He is robotic and not gifted offensively.

But, he plays hard and will bring it on defense.

Whatever he gives scoring wise will just be icing on the cake.

Boy, I bet my guy, Hawes, is kicking himself in the ass right about now :laugh3:.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a decent young core Mecca- but at best that gets you a 6 seed in the West and likely you lose in the first round.

LAkers fans are REALLY butt-hurt that the Cavs are about to steal Love from them- when that seems to be the guy they have all settled on thinking will help raise the franchise from the crappiness it finds itself currently in.

its not Cav's fans fault that Dwight Howard walked- that they traded multiple first rounders for a washed up Nash- that they paid Kobe near 50 million for the final 2 years of his career as severance, that little Jimmy Buss is in over his head and has no clue what he is doing, that they STILL have no coach- and the most likely candidate is a guy that is about to be on his 4th (or is it 5th?) job, or that Dan G. and Mark C. absolutely screwed them on the CP3 deal (ha),

unlike Cavs fans- you have the option of going out and buying some DVD's of the championship years--- that is my best advice for you Lakers fans over the next couple years because they are going to be LEAN years.....

Not really. Lakers fans accepted along time ago that Love isn't likely to make it to FA and that's the only shot the Lakers have at him. Besides, if Randle pans out, they play the same position, which makes Love unnecessary.

We've moved on to other possible FA's in '15 and '16.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...if you could focus on basketball that would be cool---

I realize you are butt-hurt that last year your team had no chance at the playoffs- this year your team has no chance at the playoffs- and the year after its highly unlikely they make the playoffs or are even the best team in their own building

but being a Cleveland fan I dont take kindly to the fans of other teams whining like little girls about their temporary misfortune and crappiness the Lakers are going through

How about actually waiting to get Love, and then actually win something before you elevate them over anyone, let alone the 3 guys who just went on one of the most historic runs in the modern NBA?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Lakers fans accepted along time ago that Love isn't likely to make it to FA and that's the only shot the Lakers have at him. Besides, if Randle pans out, they play the same position, which makes Love unnecessary.

I've said all along that if you don't get Love, it will be max money well saved.

I did think though that Love/Westbrook might decide to both become Lakers when they could.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well....as i said- you guys have had a ton of success so you know no one is gonna feel sorry for you if you have a few lean years-

and i dont really like being a dick unless i am forced to be one...and butt-hurt Miami fans really get out the worst in me....not too mention- to a certain extent- Lakers fans that obviously- if they are old enough to remember a river burning in Cleveland over 30 years ago- (are way older than me) and have experienced a lot of good bball in their day

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, that's what I was saying this year and I got trashed... You better start changing your tune young lady!:whistle:

And you were right:lol:!

If I had to go thru a rebuild after losing a top player, I'd rather do what Miami did than the Lakers.

Sure, they fell down a few rungs.

They are long shots for the title, not contenders.

But, that team is still in it.

They are hamstrung until 2016.

But again, 2 years or being just good beats 2 years of being EPIC failures.

I get waiting for the Summer of 2015.

The sheer number of guys coming available means the Lakers will get a good player.

But, nobody wants to go the way of the Dallas Mavericks.

2 Summers in a row they have had max contract money.

2 Summers in a row they got jilted until they landed Parsons.

Cap space is only good when guys are willing to take your money.

Lucky for you guys, there will never be a shortage of guys wanting to play in LA.

Ps. I am not Ashy:laugh3:

I saw that damn post the other day:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all along that if you don't get Love, it will be max money well saved.

I did think though that Love/Westbrook might decide to both become Lakers when they could.

I think Westbrook still could. Love is very unlikely unless Flip really is dumb enough to risk letting him walk.

Even if Love were available, I'd rather see the Lakers go after Marc Gasol.