• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Boozer to the Lakers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...if you could focus on basketball that would be cool---

I realize you are butt-hurt that last year your team had no chance at the playoffs- this year your team has no chance at the playoffs- and the year after its highly unlikely they make the playoffs or are even the best team in their own building

but being a Cleveland fan I dont take kindly to the fans of other teams whining like little girls about their temporary misfortune and crappiness the Lakers are going through

I tell you - I will enjoy the Cavs being the center of the NBA Universe again- and likely having a Big 3 of Love/LeBron/Kyrie which you have to go back years upon years upon years to match

How about actually waiting to get Love, and then actually win something before you elevate them over anyone, let alone the 3 guys who just went on one of the most historic runs in the modern NBA?

if you have read the vast majority of my posts on here i am actually not really on board with Love- i think we should keep Wiggins and the picks and Bennett and wait until the price goes down or execute a sign and trade in the offseason

but trust me- if we trade for Love- which it sounds like is going to happen- I cant say i will be upset to see a starting five of

Kyrie
Waiters
LeBron
Love
Varejao

which i think is better than any of the lineups Miami has trotted out the last 4 years- especially since Waiters is way better than miami's pg siutation was- and Varejao way better than Miami's center situation-

all though you def can argue that Wades first year is better than Kyries first year will be- but Kyrie 2-3 years from now will absolutely smash what wade was the last 2 years

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....as i said- you guys have had a ton of success so you know no one is gonna feel sorry for you if you have a few lean years-

and i dont really like being a dick unless i am forced to be one...and butt-hurt Miami fans really get out the worst in me....not too mention- to a certain extent- Lakers fans that obviously- if they are old enough to remember a river burning in Cleveland over 30 years ago- (are way older than me) and have experienced a lot of good bball in their day

I've been a Lakers fan for 44 years now. I've seen them go through times like this before and never worry about it. It just makes me appreciate the good times a little more.

I think most Lakers fans feel the same. You should have seen our team boards during the games last season. We mainly just had a lot of fun with it and enjoyed watching some of the young guys go through their ups and downs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you were right:lol:!

If I had to go thru a rebuild after losing a top player, I'd rather do what Miami did than the Lakers.

Sure, they fell down a few rungs.

They are long shots for the title, not contenders.

But, that team is still in it.

They are hamstrung until 2016.

But again, 2 years or being just good beats 2 years of being EPIC failures.

I get waiting for the Summer of 2015.

The sheer number of guys coming available means the Lakers will get a good player.

But, nobody wants to go the way of the Dallas Mavericks.

2 Summers in a row they have had max contract money.

2 Summers in a row they got jilted until they landed Parsons.

Cap space is only good when guys are willing to take your money.

Lucky for you guys, there will never be a shortage of guys wanting to play in LA.

Ps. I am not Ashy:laugh3:

I saw that damn post the other day:lol:

Howard walked when they offered him the max

they couldnt get Melo or Bron to take the max in LA

I dont think players trust that little Jimmy Buss can get the job done--- and sometimes you NEED those lean years to get young talent in that provides the base- LIKE they did this year with Randle--- getting 2 more Randle type players to me would be more beneficial than going 40-42 and being at the very back of the lotto....

if you have Randle and 2 other good young guys it all of a sudden makes it a lot easier for guys like Melo or Howard or LeBron to sign that are spurned the Lakers

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think players trust that little Jimmy Buss can get the job done--- and sometimes you NEED those lean years to get young talent in that provides the base- LIKE they did this year with Randle--- getting 2 more Randle type players to me would be more beneficial than going 40-42 and being at the very back of the lotto....

if you have Randle and 2 other good young guys it all of a sudden makes it a lot easier for guys like Melo or Howard or LeBron to sign that are spurned the Lakers

Not a big deal. The Lakers really didn't make much of an effort to retain him. They basically hung a couple of posters, said they'd pay him the max and that was about it. D'Antoni didn't speak in the meeting, Kobe barely spoke and Jeanie didn't even bother to attend. The Lakers will be better off in the long run without Dwight.

Lebron was never going anywhere but Cleveland unless Dan Gilbert did or said something completely stupid, in which case he'd have just re-signed with the Heat.

The Lakers were said to have had zero chance to land 'Melo and managed to become the biggest threat to the Knicks.

In the end, 'Melo and Lebron did exactly what pretty much everyone knew they'd do.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Westbrook still could. Love is very unlikely unless Flip really is dumb enough to risk letting him walk.

Even if Love were available, I'd rather see the Lakers go after Marc Gasol.

Could happen.

Lots of bigs available.

Aldridge, Love, Gasol are the cream.

Jefferson, Jordan 2nd tier.

Hibbert, Brook Lopez are the high risk/high reward guys.

I list Jefferson as 2nd tier. But, he really doesn't get his due as a player.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could happen.

Lots of bigs available.

Aldridge, Love, Gasol are the cream.

Jefferson, Jordan 2nd tier.

Hibbert, Brook Lopez are the high risk/high reward guys.

I list Jefferson as 2nd tier. But, he really doesn't get his due as a player.

Out of that group. Gasol would be my first choice. After him, it would be Jordan. He's already pretty much a beast on defense and is young enough to develop a solid offense.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, that would be the best way to proceed.

That's why the latest transactions have been :scratch:.

They have too much talent to hold onto that lottery pick next summer.

They picked 7th after winning sub-30 games.

Even without Kobe, this roster with Boozer, Lin and Randle should win more games than that.

So, What exactly is the plan here?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big deal. The Lakers really didn't make much of an effort to retain him. They basically hung a couple of posters, said they'd pay him the max and that was about it. D'Antoni didn't speak in the meeting, Kobe barely spoke and Jeanie didn't even bother to attend. The Lakers will be better off in the long run without Dwight.

Lebron was never going anywhere but Cleveland unless Dan Gilbert did or said something completely stupid, in which case he'd have just re-signed with the Heat.

The Lakers were said to have had zero chance to land 'Melo and managed to become the biggest threat to the Knicks.

In the end, 'Melo and Lebron did exactly what pretty much everyone knew they'd do.

*what everyone SANE thought they would do- the main cause of my sometimes vendetta against the Lakers originates from a delusional Laker fan named DJ who would read baseless rumors and take them as gospel if it was at all positive about the Lakers- and Yes- he told me on many occasions Cleveland had no chance at LeBron and leBron would be a Laker if he didnt resign with the heat

that and he said that Kyrie would not resign in Cleveland and that cleveland would not even offer him the max.......

like isaid- this character is delusional and really shouldnt cloud my thinking of another team because everyone knows he is delusional - yet i cant help but take pleasure out of how wrong he has been

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of that group. Gasol would be my first choice. After him, it would be Jordan. He's already pretty much a beast on defense and is young enough to develop a solid offense.

I agree with Gasol over Love.

Until I see Love making a difference in NBA games that matter, I'm not sure he can.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you have read the vast majority of my posts on here i am actually not really on board with Love- i think we should keep Wiggins and the picks and Bennett and wait until the price goes down or execute a sign and trade in the offseason

but trust me- if we trade for Love- which it sounds like is going to happen- I cant say i will be upset to see a starting five of

Kyrie
Waiters
LeBron
Love
Varejao

which i think is better than any of the lineups Miami has trotted out the last 4 years- especially since Waiters is way better than miami's pg siutation was- and Varejao way better than Miami's center situation-

all though you def can argue that Wades first year is better than Kyries first year will be- but Kyrie 2-3 years from now will absolutely smash what wade was the last 2 years

I agree Wiggy. Giving up what I've heard would be absolutely mind boggling stupid. What is the latest offer from Cleveland? The last I heard was Thompson, WIggins, Waiters, and Bennett. Next years 1st rounder?????

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even without Kobe, this roster with Boozer, Lin and Randle should win more games than that.

There really isn't much point in tanking. Next years pick is only top 5 protected. As bad as last years team was, if they had any luck at all with injuries, they'd have finished with quite a few more wins.

Basically, they are trying to get younger and more athletic, but are signing guys to cap friendly deals. This way, if a couple of them develop, they got some good pieces to pair with a couple of top FA's.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Gasol over Love.

Until I see Love making a difference in NBA games that matter, I'm not sure he can.

I'm a big fan of Gasol's game. He has basically the same skill set as Pau and plays defense too.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Wiggy. Giving up what I've heard would be absolutely mind boggling stupid. What is the latest offer from Cleveland? The last I heard was Thompson, WIggins, Waiters, and Bennett. Next years 1st rounder?????

That's a real, reported offer?
I don't believe it.

If the Cavs do that, they can't possibly win.
LeBron is way to smart for him to want Love that badly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of Gasol's game. He has basically the same skill set as Pau and plays defense too.

I like Gasol a lot too....

what people do not realize- and to be honest- until this round of trade rumors came up- i did not realize either

is that Marc Gasol is 29 and Love is 25......i had no clue

and of course- Gasol has had a ton better supporting cast......but i do agree that Love has a lot to prove- i actually feel like that is one of the things in his corner though once he moves that he will want to prove how good he is....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a real, reported offer?
I don't believe it.

If the Cavs do that, they can't possibly win.
LeBron is way to smart for him to want Love that badly.

what i have heard is that it will be Wiggins and Bennett and a pick- and the cavs are looking for cap filler-- waiters and thompson would stay----the Cavs got about 3.5 million in cap filler tonight- and i think need a little more

but they arent going to destroy their depth and give up Waiters or Thompson- neither will go- Thompson is one of the few rich paul clients in the NBA- and they really like Waiters and obviously need a SG

what is going to happen is that it will be Wiggins/Bennett and a first rounder to Minne-- and somewhere those other 3.5 million in voidable deals they got tonight will go to a third team along with a contract Minne wants to shed and another first rounder from Cleveland...

Cleveland has additional first rounders from both miami and memphis in their chest of picks

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i have heard is that it will be Wiggins and Bennett and a pick- and the cavs are looking for cap filler-- waiters and thompson would stay----the Cavs got about 3.5 million in cap filler tonight- and i think need a little more

but they arent going to destroy their depth and give up Waiters or Thompson- neither will go- Thompson is one of the few rich paul clients in the NBA- and they really like Waiters and obviously need a SG

what is going to happen is that it will be Wiggins/Bennett and a first rounder to Minne-- and somewhere those other 3.5 million in voidable deals they got tonight will go to a third team along with a contract Minne wants to shed and another first rounder from Cleveland...

Cleveland has additional first rounders from both miami and memphis in their chest of picks

In theory that makes sense, but if the only players they are getting back right now are Wiggins/Bennett then I doubt they do it.
A Cavs first round pick isn't worth that much anymore.
Wiggins is 19, and currently Bennet is labeled a bust.

That puts the a Wolves further from the playoffs, and they insist they want to make the playoffs now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory that makes sense, but if the only players they are getting back right now are Wiggins/Bennett then I doubt they do it.
A Cavs first round pick isn't worth that much anymore.
Wiggins is 19, and currently Bennet is labeled a bust.

That puts the a Wolves further from the playoffs, and they insist they want to make the playoffs now.

if they cant make the playoffs WITH Love how could they possibly make it without him in the West?

lets be honest- they need a potential star-

no one is ever going to sign there as a FA- they need to either draft one- and you only do that by getting very high in the lotto- or getting very lucky around at the back of the lotto- or trading for a young talent that develops into a stud.....

1 year of Love or a combined 9 years of the last two #1 overalls- and it wont be the Cavs pick- itll either be the Memphis pick - which check the protections - IS a lotto pick- or the Miami pick...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, we agree way too much... I shall see if I can get Shaq to get you some GoldBond...:nod: