• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Boozer to the Lakers

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was really the only issue that I had with all of that. I felt that Phil's time was over and agreed with the franchise wanting to move away from the triangle and back to a more uptempo style. I'm not convinced that the triangle can be as effective anymore as it was.

But flirting with Phil and letting Lakers fans think that Phil was coming back, was wrong. It was wrong to do to Phil, it was wrong to do to the fans and it set D'Antoni up for failure.

Jim went through the growing pains. Jackson said it himself that Cuban went through the same thing. Hopefully now he knows to sit back and let Mitch do his job.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remind me again when Dwight was calling for phil Jackson as coach was dantoni already the coach or was that prior to hiring him? seemed like that effected the franchise. lets just say for example if phil turns around the knicks. maybe they don't win championships or whatever but ill be saying it was a mistake to let him escape to new York.

its very likely could have gave him a one or 2 year deal as coach then put him in higher position when he was ready to call it quits.

During the Season and while negotiating his Contract.

Dwight Howard has told the Los Angeles Lakers he wants them to bring back Phil Jackson as coach,’ a source close to the team tells SheridanHoops.com.

(Jerry) Buss’ son, Jim, is expected to be the person who makes the ultimate decision on who the next coach will be, and the source who spoke to SheridanHoops made it clear that Buss is aware of Howard’s wishes. It remains unclear if Jackson would be interested, but he retains a close relationship with Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol — two of the players he coached in Los Angeles before leaving the team after the 2010-11 season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim catches a lot of flak. Much of it is deserved. Heck, I think I was the first one on SportsHoopla to start calling him Short Buss. But when I look at what has actually happened, he hasn't been quite the unmitigated disaster that he's portrayed to be.

Don't get me wrong, no one's going to be nominating him for owner of the year.

But he's not exactly Donald Sterling either.:whistle:

* stares in stunned silence, tries to drown the pain *

:drink:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim went through the growing pains. Jackson said it himself that Cuban went through the same thing. Hopefully now he knows to sit back and let Mitch do his job.

I think one thing working against Jim is who his father was. Short of winning title after title he'll never be able to duplicate the great success Dr. Buss had.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preach, I stepped in dogshit a buncha times on FN.

I've done so a bunch of times here lol I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not always right. I thought Kobe's contract was up next year lol, but in my defense, 2016 is a good year to come off the books as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remind me again when Dwight was calling for phil Jackson as coach was dantoni already the coach or was that prior to hiring him? seemed like that effected the franchise. lets just say for example if phil turns around the knicks. maybe they don't win championships or whatever but ill be saying it was a mistake to let him escape to new York.

its very likely could have gave him a one or 2 year deal as coach then put him in higher position when he was ready to call it quits.

It was after D'Antoni was already hired. He started bitching about running pick and rolls (guess what they run in Houston). Then, after he chose Houston, he said he'd have stayed if the Lakers brought Phil back. I think that was one of the things he said he wanted when the Lakers met with him at the end of the season too.

As for giving Phil a 2 year deal and then moving him to the FO. Maybe? But how many times do we want to be changing coaches? Since 2000, we've had Phil twice, Rudy Tomjanovich, Frank Hamblen, Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni. Time to get off the coaching carousel and hire someone to coach for more than 3-5 years.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one thing working against Jim is who his father was. Short of winning title after title he'll never be able to duplicate the great success Dr. Buss had.

Hmmm:scratch:.

I never looked at it from that perspective.

That's like trying to play Quarterback when your Dad is Joe Montana or Basketball when you are the Son of Jordan.

Good call, Wamu.

* whispers*

Meeeeeeeeechgan:lol:!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done so a bunch of times here lol I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not always right. I thought Kobe's contract was up next year lol, but in my defense, 2016 is a good year to come off the books as well.

:agree:

Durant and Lebron will be available.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to think of the name of the Bulls fan from CBS who I first saw call him "Boozer the loser"...it was one of the more popular Bulls fans on the board, but can't remember his name. I saw him post here, but I don't think he posts here much.

I'm not sure how popular SportsChic was, but he was a Bulls fan. The tranny joke is that SportChic was a male who was posing as a female on the boards. He had everyone at cbs fooled and had everyone here fooled too.

Then Hammer figured it out and busted him. He hasn't been back since.:lol:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we have a new Clipper clown on here. Typical, most Clipper fans are idiots, but what else is new? Patronizing them is pretty invigorating though. :laugh3:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we have a new Clipper clown on here. Typical, most Clipper fans are idiots, but what else is new? Patronizing them is pretty invigorating though. :laugh3:

Yeah, I can see how rooting for the Lakers has raised your I.Q points substantially.

Say, how many points, rebounds, steals did you contribute to the Lakers 16 titles?

:lame:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm:scratch:.

I never looked at it from that perspective.

That's like trying to play Quarterback when your Dad is Joe Montana or Basketball when you are the Son of Jordan.

Good call, Wamu.

* whispers*

Meeeeeeeeechgan:lol:!

Joe Montana is a great example. Felt sorry for his son Nick. Not only was Joe Cool an NFL legend but he also had a great career at Notre Dame. His son should have never tried to play CFB where his father is a legend. And I still think the reason Elway's son Jack quit at Arizona St. was trying to follow in his fathers footsteps would have been next to impossible.

Hey only 134 more day until my Buckeyes slap those silly wolvereeeens around again!

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, before they hired Mr. Potato Head, I thought they should have given the job to Adelman :noidea:.

So, is Byron the guy or do you see them going after a Oldhead, like JVG/Karl.

What about Mark Jackson?

So far, it looks like Byron. He's already interviewed twice and then the Lakers met with him on Wednesday or Thursday of this past week, apparently to discuss the roster. I don't think they'd go that far if he wasn't a pretty solid frontrunner.

Mark Jackson wouldn't be bad, neither would JVG or Karl. I like Byron because he has experience and is still young enough that he could be the coach for a long time. Plus, he wants the job bad. He's openly campaigned for it. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's camped out on Jim Buss' front porch.

End of the day though, I wouldn't complain if the Lakers hired any of those 4.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana is a great example. Felt sorry for his son Nick. Not only was Joe Cool an NFL legend but he also had a great career at Notre Dame. His son should have never tried to play CFB where his father is a legend. And I still think the reason Elway's son Jack quit at Arizona St. was trying to follow in his fathers footsteps would have been next to impossible.

Hey only 134 more day until my Buckeyes slap those silly wolereeeens around again!

Same thing happened with OJ Simpsons son.

Come to think of it, Jordan did have a Son that attempted to play College ball.

It didn't go well:L.

It's hard to walk in the footsteps of Sports Legends.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can see how rooting for the Lakers has raised your I.Q points substantially.

Say, how many points, rebounds, steals did you contribute to the Lakers 16 titles?

:lame:

Is that your defense, and attack on me for my comment that offended you? :pound:

The simple fact that you're Clipper fan, that by itself makes you stupid, and obnoxious already. Congrats you just won the sportshoopla new idiot of the month award. :clap:

NEXT....

Last edited by a moderator:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how popular SportsChic was, but he was a Bulls fan. The tranny joke is that SportChic was a male who was posing as a female on the boards. He had everyone at cbs fooled and had everyone here fooled too.

Then Hammer figured it out and busted him. He hasn't been back since.:lol:
Haha what a fegget.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened with OJ Simpsons son.

Come to think of it, Jordan did have a Son that attempted to play College ball.

It didn't go well:L.

It's hard to walk in the footsteps of Sports Legends.

If I remember MJ had 2 sons that played college ball.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that your defense, and attack on me for my comment that offended you? :pound:

The simple fact that you're Clipper fan, that by itself makes you stupid, and obnoxious already. Congrats you kust wpn tje sportshoopla new idiot of the month award. :clap:

NEXT....

What in the Holy Hell are you talking about?

You have the Market cornered on being obnoxious.

Why should I waste my keystrokes on spewing venom at a dingleberry with the IQ of a GoldFish?