• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Boozer to the Lakers

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was after D'Antoni was already hired. He started bitching about running pick and rolls (guess what they run in Houston). Then, after he chose Houston, he said he'd have stayed if the Lakers brought Phil back. I think that was one of the things he said he wanted when the Lakers met with him at the end of the season too.

As for giving Phil a 2 year deal and then moving him to the FO. Maybe? But how many times do we want to be changing coaches? Since 2000, we've had Phil twice, Rudy Tomjanovich, Frank Hamblen, Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni. Time to get off the coaching carousel and hire someone to coach for more than 3-5 years.

yeah I would have been more on board with someone other than dantoni. never liked him even in phoenix. I remember one of their playoff runs in combination with the 8 seconds or less the announcers were saying they talked to him and he coached purposely not playing tough D in risking fouling that would slow down their fast break offense. then and now I wanted jeff van gundy to atleast get a interview...its shocking to me that he hasn't even been considered.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, it looks like Byron. He's already interviewed twice and then the Lakers met with him on Wednesday or Thursday of this past week, apparently to discuss the roster. I don't think they'd go that far if he wasn't a pretty solid frontrunner.

Mark Jackson wouldn't be bad, neither would JVG or Karl. I like Byron because he has experience and is still young enough that he could be the coach for a long time. Plus, he wants the job bad. He's openly campaigned for it. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's camped out on Jim Buss' front porch.

End of the day though, I wouldn't complain if the Lakers hired any of those 4.

At first I thought they were waiting to see if Thibbs would come available.

Now, I suspect the hiring will come any day now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that your defense, and attack on me for my comment that offended you? :pound:

The simple fact that you're Clipper fan, that by itself makes you stupid, and obnoxious already. Congrats you just won the sportshoopla new idiot of the month award. :clap:

NEXT....

Mecca's cool enough to be an honorary Lakers fan. Go kick Sportsman around. If ever there was a Clippers fan that deserved it, it's him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I would have been more on board with someone other than dantoni. never liked him even in phoenix. I remember one of their playoff runs in combination with the 8 seconds or less the announcers were saying they talked to him and he coached purposely not playing tough D in risking fouling that would slow down their fast break offense. then and now I wanted jeff van gundy to atleast get a interview...its shocking to me that he hasn't even been considered.

I'm not sure how interested JVG is in coaching again. Pretty much whenever it comes up during broadcasts, he never really sounds interested. I think he's happy where he is. I don't know if the Lakers ever reached out to him or not, so who knows? I know that at one time, their list of candidates was pretty extensive. I'd have to assume that his name was at least on that list.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca's cool enough to be an honorary Lakers fan. Go kick Sportsman around. If ever there was a Clippers fan that deserved it, it's him.

Mecca is 10x the poster that dude SportsChic ever was.

Hurricane was his bf for a while I think.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the Holy Hell are you talking about?

You have the Market cornered on being obnoxious.

Why should I waste my keystrokes on spewing venom at a dingleberry with the IQ of a GoldFish?

Now this is some funny shit, obviously you can't gather any comprehension of what, I just said. Let me rephrase it for you, you're a Clipper fan, meaning you have no knowledge or anything relevant to add to these boards.

You telling someone else has a lower IQ because their a Lakers fans, and you're a clipper fan, makes you right in that little brain of yours, right?: :laugh3:

Do us all a favor, and look at youself in the mirror, and slap yourself, back into reality. If that doesen't work just kill yourself. :laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I thought they were waiting to see if Thibbs would come available.

Now, I suspect the hiring will come any day now.

Yeah, I expect so. Not sure what the point is of delaying now, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how interested JVG is in coaching again. Pretty much whenever it comes up during broadcasts, he never really sounds interested. I think he's happy where he is. I don't know if the Lakers ever reached out to him or not, so who knows? I know that at one time, their list of candidates was pretty extensive. I'd have to assume that his name was at least on that list.

Did you see the Bucks claimed Marshall?

The Lakers didn't need a 4th pg anyway.

But, maybe DeAndre Cain will stand a better chance of making the roster because Clarkson can playy off the ball.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is some funny shit, obviously you can't gather any comprehension of what, I just said. Let me rephrase it for you, you're a Clipper fan, meaning you have no knowledge or anything relevant to add to these boards.

You telling someone else has a lower IQ because their a Lakers fans, and you're a clipper fan, makes you right in that little brain of yours, right?: :laugh3:

Do us all a favor, and look at youself in the mirror, and slap yourself, back into reality. If that doesen't work just kill yourself. :laugh3:

You don't seem to get it.

You cheering for a certain team has given you a Superiority Complex.

But, it is crystal clear that you have the brainpower of a dead battery.

Grab your pom-poms :cheer2: and go wait in the corner until grown folks are done speaking.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, maybe DeAndre Cain will stand a better chance of making the roster because Clarkson can playy off the ball.

Missed that. I'm mildly surprised. I liked Marshall as a backup and emergency starter. He's not athletic enough to be an everyday starter, but he's an excellent backup.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed that. I'm mildly surprised. I liked Marshall as a backup and emergency starter. He's not athletic enough to be an everyday starter, but he's an excellent backup.

Yep.

He's a pass first pg.

But, his defense was rather brutal.

Marc Stein: ESPN sources say Bucks will be claiming Kendall Marshall off waivers as soon as possible, foiling Lakers' plans of re-signing @Kendall Marshall

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I was sure Marshall would clear the waives but looks like he did not.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't seem to get it.

You cheering for a certain team has given you a Superiority Complex.

But, it is crystal clear that you have the brainpower of a dead battery.

Grab your pom-poms :cheer2: and go wait in the corner until grown folks are done speaking.

No I cheer for a team that I've grow up watching for over 25 years buddy.

Unlike you I'm not a bandwagon loser, who thinks he knows it all, but go ahead keep being provacative, I'm going to have a great time clowning you on here.:laugh3:

By the way did you contribute to posting those selfies of Clippers players at Staples Center? You must be very proud, but, still no championship banner "LOSER" :rofl:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I was sure Marshall would clear the waives but looks like he did not.

The Bucks went after Bledsoe, Bayless and couldn't get a deal done.

I guess they finally figured out the Knight is not a pg and decided they didn't want to bring Sessions back.

Marshall should be able to get a ton of assists setting up the Greek Freak and Jabari Parker.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always nice to have fresh fish to clown on here, don't you think? Especially when there Lebroniacs & Clipper fans. :lol:

I actually think Mecca knows her stuff.

We need more Clippers fans around here to get a bit of a sibling rivalry going, ever since the Heat lost LeBron we've been lacking a little rivalry on the boards. We should be inviting them in not chasing them out lol.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I cheer for a team that I've grow up watching for over 25 years buddy.

Unlike you I'm not a bandwagon loser, who thinks he knows it all, but go ahead keep being provacative, I'm going to have a great time clowning you on here.:laugh3:

By the way did you contribute to posting those selfies of Clippers players at Staples Center? You must be very proud, but, still no championship banner "LOSER" :rofl:

Mental Midget-ry is very unbecoming.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4th? in a lot of scearios he would have been the 2nd. until proven other wise ill say nash wont play most of the season. Clarkson from what I have seen of him so far appears more of a SG.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th? in a lot of scearios he would have been the 2nd. until proven other wise ill say nash wont play most of the season. Clarkson from what I have seen of him so far appears more of a SG.

Not 4th on the depth chart.

He would be the 4th guy that can play that position with a spot on the roster.

The Boozer bid complicated things and the Lakers probably thought he was the least likely to get claimed.

There was a market for Kelly.

So, he had to be a priority as well.