• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh on Goldson:

He’s built up a real callus when it comes to physical contact courage.

That's another good one.

---

What kind of asset has senior offensive assistant Paul Wulff been on the staff this year?

“Been outstanding. Tremendous work ethic, very team oriented guy, very creative. Good guy. Something needs to be done, he does it and he’s got the capability to do it. We’re really fortunate, happy with all of our coaches, and Paul has been a great addition.”

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Branch:

49ers LT Joe Staley (illness) did not practice. Frank Gore (ribs) and Mario Manningham (shoulder) were full participants.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crabtree smaller part of downfield offense - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Note: I went into this item wanting to look at the potential Week 8 matchup between Crabtree and Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson. Crabtree had fared well against Peterson in their first matchup last season. Peterson fared well in the rematch.

I'm not sure if they'll match up as frequently this time. The 49ers have other receivers to consider this time.

"I feel at the end of the day he gave me [the] toughest challenge (last season) because no one else had over 100 yards," Peterson said of Crabtree during training camp. "That is not the standard. … Second time around, I buckled up and went out there and played football."

Crabtree had seven catches for 120 yards in their first matchup. He had seven catches for 63 yards in the rematch. Peterson wasn't defending Crabtree in man coverage on every one of those receptions, of course. But those were the final numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree smaller part of downfield offense - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Note: I went into this item wanting to look at the potential Week 8 matchup between Crabtree and Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson. Crabtree had fared well against Peterson in their first matchup last season. Peterson fared well in the rematch.

I'm not sure if they'll match up as frequently this time. The 49ers have other receivers to consider this time.

"I feel at the end of the day he gave me [the] toughest challenge (last season) because no one else had over 100 yards," Peterson said of Crabtree during training camp. "That is not the standard. … Second time around, I buckled up and went out there and played football."

Crabtree had seven catches for 120 yards in their first matchup. He had seven catches for 63 yards in the rematch. Peterson wasn't defending Crabtree in man coverage on every one of those receptions, of course. But those were the final numbers.

A good chunk of that 120 came on the play where Crabtree Jocked Peterson not once but twice on the same play - Great run!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we win this game, but after the 34-0 WIN against the Jets and the 13-6 WIN over the Seahawks, I am not looking foward to the board after this game. (I feel Smith will play somewhere just above the Seahawks game.) It will be a long bye judging on our reactions after our recent wins. Now, the defense is the reason for those wins, not Alex Smith, so I understand the criticism, but as we should be happy at 6-2 (after playing GB, DET, NYG, and two rivals). I get realism and looking forward, but this place felt down after wins - worse than the Vikings and Giants losses, IMO. Keep our heads up and acknowledge our limitations. I don't know, winning should be fun, we'll have time after the playoffs to complain (as none of us can affect who plays).