• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals game notes

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol as long as you're not streaking down the field.... we don't want to be "yeah we know that guy..."

Def won't be doing that. Lol

But I will be losing my voice by the end of the game lol

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh won't tinker with RB rotation
8:07AM ET
San Francisco 49ers

Frank Gore is nursing a rib injury, but he practiced fully Monday and is in better shape than he was a year ago at this time, according to Matthew Barrows of the Sacramento Bee. Reserve RB Brandon Jacobs expects Gore to be ready to role Monday night against the Arizona Cardinals.

"Frank is fine," Jacobs said. "Stuff like that -- backs get it all the time. It's not going to slow him down at all."

Even though the Niners have plenty of depth at running back this season with Kendall Hunter, Jacobs and rookie LaMichael James, coach Jim Harbaugh hinted that he doesn't expect to give Jacobs or James a bigger role at this point.

While there is always the risk of injury -- like when Gore got hurt mid-season last year -- the thinking may be that they don't need to tinker with something that's working. Gore and Hunter are the only RB tandem averaging more than five yards per game. The Niners are also second in the NFL in rushing and are averaging almost 50 yards more per game than last season.

- Tom Carpenter​

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any role for James?
2:40PM ET
LaMichael James | 49ers

For all of the Oregon and San Francisco 49ers fans out there, rookie RB LaMichael James is aware that he hasn't been putting up much production yet with his new team, but there's a pretty good reason why.

"Frank Gore is one of the best running backs out there," James noted, according to the Sacramento Bee, comparing himself to a freshman entering a program stacked with upperclassmen talent. "Then you have Brandon [Jacobs], then you have Kendall [Hunter]. Everybody's really good. So I just learn a lot from those guys just like I learned from LeGarrette [Blount] and Jeremiah [Johnson] ... at Oregon."

Gore is currently battling a rib injury sustained in Thursday's win over the Seahawks, but he appears ready to roll for Week 8, when the Niners will take on Arizona on "Monday Night Football." As the season wears on, it's possible that James will take on more of a role, but for now, it appears he'll continue to serve primarily on the scout team.

- Tim Kavanagh​

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ashame we can't get LMJ into some sort of a package but Gore is beasting it like the ol days and Hunter is playing very well himself....