• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Film review: Crabtree's YACety YAC, Moss gets applause ... twice

Smith's longest ball of the night was 20 yards. By my count, the 49ers got 131 yards of YAC from their receivers. (And, yes, I know ESPN reported 107 YAC yards. I think it was a bit higher). Here's the YAC breakdown:

PFF has them with 145 YAC.

-----------

Keep an eye on the 49ers nose tackle. Ricky Jean Francois has been getting into games earlier and earlier of late. He ended up playing just five fewer snaps than Isaac Sopoaga. Both are due to become free agents at the end of the year. It appears as if the 49ers favor the younger man, Jean Francois, or at least want to give him enough playing time to aid their decision. The 49ers also have taken away the plays at fullback Sopoaga had last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Blog and Q&A: Film review: Crabtree's YACety YAC, Moss gets applause ... twice

Smith's longest ball of the night was 20 yards. By my count, the 49ers got 131 yards of YAC from their receivers. (And, yes, I know ESPN reported 107 YAC yards. I think it was a bit higher). Here's the YAC breakdown:

-----------

Keep an eye on the 49ers nose tackle. Ricky Jean Francois has been getting into games earlier and earlier of late. He ended up playing just five fewer snaps than Isaac Sopoaga. Both are due to become free agents at the end of the year. It appears as if the 49ers favor the younger man, Jean Francois, or at least want to give him enough playing time to aid their decision. The 49ers also have taken away the plays at fullback Sopoaga had last season.

Kinda figured they'd be interested in RJF because of his youth... but the problem is everyone else will be too for that same reason. I love Sopaga and like RJF a lot, I'd be happy with whichever one the 49ers end up keeping and with two options they shouldn't end up overpaying just to keep one of them.

Just glad the cost of NT has came back down to Earth, that was bonkers when Haynesworth drove the price up to like 7 mil a year for those guys.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PFF is much closer to correct on YAC total. As for the 20 yard pass, the technically correct measurement on that pass (Walker - 1st Qtr) would be 19 + 4 YAC.

The LOS was the 30, Walker caught the ball in the air with his first foot landing much closer to the 11 than the 10. Even his second foot landed outside the 10.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reminds me of last season where VD wasn't getting those numbers(perhaps better #s last season) but it the end, in his first playoff game, he came through and was beasting it.......

vernon is having a huge impact, as is moss when he's in there. teams don't want the big play to burn them so it opens up crabtree and mario. both are coming up huge this year.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where to put my bitch...

So, I finally got around to watching the MNF game and I think the thing that upsets me the most is that Dashon Goldson got called for a 15 yard penalty in the SEATTLE game for talking shit to Lynch after stopping him in the backfield.

What a bunch of shit, every time the Cardinals sacked Smith they stood over him and talked. Hell, on one of them Docket was around his ankles but pushed Smith back down after he was trying to get up just to talk shit.

To be clear, I don't think any of that is worthy of a penalty... so, man is that bullshit that Goldson got flagged for doing what people do every single game... and he got flagged AT HOME no less. So yeah, boooo that ref crew from the Seahawks game.