• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Under review: Harbaugh believes Smith should have 20th attempt, NFL record

Smith completed 18 of 19 passes in a 24-3 win against Arizona and fell one attempt shy of setting a league record for the highest completion percentage in a game.

However, he threw what was ruled a lateral to wide receiver Michael Crabtree on the first play of the fourth quarter. Crabtree gained eight yards on the play, which was ruled a run.

Today, Jim Harbaugh maintained it was a forward pass. He planned to watch the play again before submitting a request to the NFL to have Smith granted a 20th attempt.

If it is ruled a forward pass, Smith would have completed 19 of 20 passes and his 95.0 completion percentage would break the record of 92.31 held by Arizona’s Kurt Warner, who completed 24 of 26 passes on Sept., 20, 2009, in a 31-17 win over Jacksonville.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did Smith actually throw a 20th pass that would give him record? | 49ers Hot Read

After Tuesday morning meetings, the 49ers adjourned for their bye week and won’t report back until next Tuesday. They earned two extra days off by virtue of their past two wins, a deal Harbaugh said he brokered with the team.

“We’re going to take a small breather right now,” Harbaugh said. “We trust they’ll do the right things over the break.”

Said Ray McDonald: “We want to be a championship team. We’re all grown men. We’ve made it to this point for a reason and we’re dedicated to a cause. When we leave here, you don’t want to be the one to put the team in jeopardy.”

Fellow defensive lineman Justin Smith added: “We definitely have a lot to do when we come back but we’re in a good spot right now.”

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Reward for 49ers' 6-2 record: Seven days off

Coaches usually fret when they're layers are away for extended periods. The 49ers players showed during the lockout and again during the most recent offseason that they don't require a lot of supervision. Defensive end Ray McDonald, for example, said he planned to go to the 49ers facility every day to work out.

Justin Smith said he might head back to Missouri, but that he'll be working out daily whether he's here or there. "Everybody on this team is going to handle their business," Smith said. "It's good to get a couple of days away, four five days away, reset and come back."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ryen Russillo on Jim Harbaugh:

"He would argue with a toll booth operator on the price."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patrick Peterson coverage stats:

Thrown at 5 times - Tied for the fewest times he's been thrown at this season. In order he's been thrown at 6 times, 5 times, 5 times, 6 times, 6 times, 9 times, 5 times and again 5 times last night.

Allowed 5 receptions - Most receptions he's allowed in a game so far this season. (2,1,2,4,3,4,3,5)

54 receiving yards allowed - 3rd most this season (5,9,29,61,68,53,24,54)

10.8 allowed average - 5th highest this season.

30 yards after the catch - Most allowed this season, though others are involved in this stat kind of as well (9, 0, 5, 3, 5, 24, 11, 30)

Long of 23

2 TDs allowed - He's allowed 3 TDs this year, the other coming last week to Percy Harvin.

0 PDs - The 5th time this year he's had no PDs. He had 1 PD in week 1 vs. Seattle, 1 PD in week 4 vs. Miami, and 1 in week 5 vs. STL.

151.3 QB rating when throwing into his coverage - The highest QB rating to his area allowed so far this year. He has two other games, one against Miami and one last week to Minnesota, this season where the QB had a rating of 100+ throwing to his coverage area.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw that hit, I immediately thought about how Doucet took that cheapshot on Goldson last year and got Dashon ejected on some BS. I rather enjoyed Goldson getting himself some payback.

I loved that hit. I was laughing out loud. My wife's only reaction was "poor guy". I thought it was great though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact that they did not put Kaepernick in the game at all. That stuff was getting old and was no longer a surprise to defenses. I think it hurt more than helped in the Seattle game.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So I'm re-watching the game from last night and I find it a little funny that Delanie Walker made that catch along the sideline after it was tipped to him but then proceeded to do what he does so often and that's drop the ball as he was attempting to give it back to the ref. Ha.

I wonder if that ball would've been batted or picked off along the sideline, though, had it not been tipped to Walker. A defender was diving in, albeit off balance and wildly, as the ball was getting to the area. I tried slowing it down to get a better read on it, but the defender coming over may have jumped in too soon and might've been out of position to either defend the pass or pick it off.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coach's Notebook: Oct. 30

Four sacks seemed to be the only question mark. Overlooking it together, do you see a trend, it looks like a couple times Alex pulled it down something wasn’t there right away and he had no other choices. What accounts for the four sacks, was there an overall theme that linked them together?

“One for sure was we didn’t give him a very good play call. Another we got covered and glad he didn’t throw the ball to where he was supposed to throw it. And then another one, he looked to the wrong side of the field. The read should have taken him to the right instead of the left and I can’t remember the fourth.”

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Weren’t you one holiday early? It’s Halloween first, before Thanksgiving.

“Sometimes, you get people talking and there’s a lot of low content-to-word ratio. Got to call that out, I guess.”

Ha!!!!!!! That's one of my all-time favorites.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers.com | Week 8 Game Notes

» The 49ers improved to 12-3 under Harbaugh when scoring first.

» This marked the 49ers 42nd win on Monday Night Football, the 2nd most in NFL history behind the Dallas Cowboys (43 wins).